boatman22

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2016
Woodlands TX
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Other Brand
It looks like I'm not going to make it. Honda still has not figured out whats wrong with mine. There is also another 1000-5 at this dealer that has the same problem. I ask Honda tech in a phone call yesterday if any other 1000-5 have had this problem and they said no just mine and the other. I suggested that maybe it was the tech at the dealership is doing something wrong and I need to take mine to another dealer and they said no to wait. I'm supposed to have a call today with what the next step Honda is going to do, very frustrating.

Reactions: Tramguage1
Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
@boatman22
What is the problem? Why did it go back to Honda?

B

boatman22

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2016
Woodlands TX
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Other Brand
@boatman22
What is the problem? Why did it go back to Honda?
Short story....Thanksgiving day it locked up and would only idle, when put in gear engine would die. Dealer found both clutch packs were burned and no fibers left on the clutches. Did the update with new clutches and could not get it to reinitialize. Honda had them take it back apart to recheck all the o'rings and clean the oil pan of any fibers (no go). Then had them change the oil pump (no go) then change the valve body (no go). That's where I am at, just very frustrated that nothing is getting done.

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
It looks like I'm not going to make it. Honda still has not figured out whats wrong with mine. There is also another 1000-5 at this dealer that has the same problem. I ask Honda tech in a phone call yesterday if any other 1000-5 have had this problem and they said no just mine and the other. I suggested that maybe it was the tech at the dealership is doing something wrong and I need to take mine to another dealer and they said no to wait. I'm supposed to have a call today with what the next step Honda is going to do, very frustrating.
Darn sorry to hear that! Well keeps us updated on the progress. If all goes well I will have another group ride next year if not sooner. Anytime you may be able to make t this way let me know, maybe we can meet p and ride some rocks!

B

boatman22

Lifetime Member
Dec 17, 2016
Woodlands TX
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5

3. Other Brand
Well at least I got my swag

Honda Swag

my99svt

my99svt

I identify as a lesbian
Lifetime Member
Dec 25, 2016
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Ownership

1. Talon X

2. Talon R
Damn, wish I was there! I may not be doing anything this weekend because my 9yo daughter has the flu!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Damn, wish I was there! I may not be doing anything this weekend because my 9yo daughter has the flu!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
@CaptinJackRZR said he was going to miss you!! Hoping that she starts feeling better soon.

Reactions: nbomar
advertisement
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!