Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
As many of you know, I'm the guy that makes and sells longer tailgate cables. Been doing it since early 2015 I believe. There's been other ideas including brackets and links but thankfully, up until now, nobody has copied my idea for "profit".

A little about myself..... I'm in my 40's, farm a little grain and cattle, and am in the middle of fixing up a foreclosed horse farm. But basically, I'm a washed up carpenter who got into farming when the opportunity presented itself. Always have been around and worked on farms so I jumped at the chance to buy in and own my own piece when it worked out. Somewhere in there I was diagnosed with Fibromyalgia. Basically, it's chronic pain and exhaustion. That diagnosis explained a lot of questions I had going through life. So..... you can see why it was/is nice to make a few extra bucks selling these cable online. That being said.... I always pay it forward by donating a portion of the proceeds to The Wounded Warrior Project.

Yesterday I was searching eBay for a new multi meter when a familiar ad popped up. Actually it was a few of the same ones......It was my ad, only the seller is from CHINA!!!!! The ads use my title and much of my description. Wow, I couldn't believe my eyes. Little old me and my idea have been cloned by those damn commies!!! They must have ordered a pair and had them sent to a port city where they got on an "empty" ship and went back for cloning. Now there are multiple sellers including one claiming US stock. They are big sellers who can afford to pay for sponsored ads. I just can't believe it, me, just some guy selling a little item out of his home. That's how aggressive they are. Its freaking un... believable!

So, thanks Americans for not copying me and being good honest people! And, please keep this in mind when you vote this fall. We are at a weird time right now and there's certain people who don't mind if China is stealing our ideas, buying up our food companies, land, and our oil companies...., or interfering with our elections. And watch out if you're selling a cool idea that you had, online. I'm guessing those ships going back to China aren't that empty and you could be next! That's right, you!

BUY AMERICAN AND SUPPORT YOUR COUNTRY!
Financially support organizations who fight for the things you believe in! Do it now, or regret it forever!

Last edited:
Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
I'd like to add......some of you know that I've had another idea to improve the Pioneer and have been sitting on it for frankly, too long....but now.....I'm wondering if it's worth it. Should I take the chance of having another idea stolen and cloned to feed commie mouths?

Let that sink in............I'm actually afraid to go ahead with the American Dream for fear of another sh#thole country riding my tail.

These days copyrights and patents aren't worth the paper they're written on. What a damn shame. Just ask Ford or Apple or just about any US company these days.

FeelinRecless

FeelinRecless

Lifetime Member
Jun 7, 2020
Idaho
Ownership

1. 700-4
That sucks. It is such a huge deal that there are people Making a living Who do nothing but search out counterfeit, forgery, intellectual property, etc...theft all around China. And when one shuts down, a new one pops up elsewhere.

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
Just an update here. I have now counted 8 competing listings and as soon as I added "Made In the USA" to my description they added "US stock" to 6 out of 8 of theirs. Within hours! One of the listings is falsly claiming stainless steel while showing the basic style in images. I bet they've even copied my instructions.

ProudDadOf5

ProudDadOf5

It all started with “Hold My Beer”
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 25, 2019
Winfield, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand
That’s really f***ed up they did that Farmer. I wouldn’t piss on China if it was on fire. Thanks for everything you do. It sucks to read about the situation but please don’t let it stop your aspirations to achieve the American dream of making it on your own!! PDO5 ✌🏼🕷

L

LarryAmboy

May 14, 2017
Castalian Springs, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'd like to add......some of you know that I've had another idea to improve the Pioneer and have been sitting on it for frankly, too long....but now.....I'm wondering if it's worth it. Should I take the chance of having another idea stolen and cloned to feed commie mouths?

Let that sink in............I'm actually afraid to go ahead with the American Dream for fear of another sh#thole country riding my tail.

These days copyrights and patents aren't worth the paper they're written on. What a damn shame. Just ask Ford or Apple or just about any US company these days.

A little story: about 15 years ago my wife came up with a new concept which we went about getting a patent on. Dropped a bit of coin on that. We had “Patent Pending” on the items. Before our patent was official, the Chinese had already knocked the items off. Our attorney says that as a “little guy” there was nothing we could do. We would be bankrupted long before we could win and even if we did, there is nobody that enforces these things.

f*** the Chinese and everybody here would do well to BUY American Made and support American jobs. Might cost you a little more but in the long run it costs less to support your brethren and you get better quality along with it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
A little story: about 15 years ago my wife came up with a new concept which we went about getting a patent on. Dropped a bit of coin on that. We had “Patent Pending” on the items. Before our patent was official, the Chinese had already knocked the items off. Our attorney says that as a “little guy” there was nothing we could do. We would be bankrupted long before we could win and even if we did, there is nobody that enforces these things.

f*** the Chinese and everybody here would do well to BUY American Made and support American jobs. Might cost you a little more but in the long run it costs less to support your brethren and you get better quality along with it.

Man that really sucks. I had no idea they were going after little guys like that or I would have taken some precautions to help avoid it.......

I think they have software that scans ebay etc for items that meet certain sales criteria. Apparently I popped up. I should have been reseting my listings to hide sales numbers. Ebay especially, doesn't let you hide that data from buyers/scammers. The reason I didn't is because I've got links spread out all over the web and resetting the ads kills the links. Now it's pointless.

ChoogsWife

ChoogsWife

Account Closed
Account Self Deleted
Jun 13, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Wow, imagine that, someone copying your product!!!!!!! It doesn't surprise me that the chinese do it, but let me tell you , there are plenty of dishonest "Americans" that will do the same SO BEWARE !!!!

advertisement
A

Average_Joe

Aug 19, 2016
Gainesville, Fl
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Other Brand

Honestly even big companies struggle when it comes to knock offs.

Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
I wanted to add a little to this story.... The other day the dryer went out. It was jumping and thumping!!! I tore into and found that the drum rollers are bad. No problem I'll find parts and fix it........ After searching for hours online I couldn't find made in the USA parts anywhere. I wanted it fixed quick so I checked Amazon. Everything there was $27 for a china rebuild kit and even with "prime" it would be days before it came. Damn....China just ripped me off and now I'm forced back to buying from them. So I called a local repair shop expecting to pay more. Yep their kit was $64 bucks and out on a truck. So back to the internet with no luck. So I called them back and asked where their kit is made.......It's made in the USA! Fine, good, I'll pay it! We helped our country that day. We bought made in the USA from a local business. Yep, I paid more but I expect these parts to run a lot longer than that commie crap Amazon was going to send me through "prime"!!!!

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
I wanted to add a little to this story.... The other day the dryer went out. It was jumping and thumping!!! I tore into and found that the drum rollers are bad. No problem I'll find parts and fix it........ After searching for hours online I couldn't find made in the USA parts anywhere. I wanted it fixed quick so I checked Amazon. Everything there was $27 for a china rebuild kit and even with "prime" it would be days before it came. Damn....China just ripped me off and now I'm forced back to buying from them. So I called a local repair shop expecting to pay more. Yep their kit was $64 bucks and out on a truck. So back to the internet with no luck. So I called them back and asked where their kit is made.......It's made in the USA! Fine, good, I'll pay it! We helped our country that day. We bought made in the USA from a local business. Yep, I paid more but I expect these parts to run a lot longer than that commie crap Amazon was going to send me through "prime"!!!!

• Love
Reactions: Mudwing and Farmer
CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R

Therein lies the problem - If I don't buy what you make and you don't buy what I make, we're both unemployed. We want American quality but 'some' are unwilling to pay for it. The general population is quick to search for the absolute cheapest price they can find for a given item and an internet search makes that possible down to a penny. So, by human nature, the average citizen clicks on the least expensive option, not giving a f*** where it's coming from.

If we want to support American businesses and manufacturers, we are going to have to pay more for them because the guys that make them (you and I) want to be paid a fair wage to make them. Yes, President Trump's tariffs on chinese s*** are responsible for raising costs to the American buyer and well it should. We've been bathing in cheap chinese slave labor for decades and that vulture has come home to roost.

Last edited:
Farmer

Farmer

🚜🔨🚛🔧
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 22, 2014
Southern MO
Ownership

1. 700-2
From Ford all the way down to me..........they clone it all.........

• Angry
Reactions: CID

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!