Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
So I went camping over the weekend and took the P5. Rarely see another one but actually saw two this time. A white one pulling into a gas station and a blue one that was actually staying in the same campground we were at. I saw them go by and then they came back and stopped in front of my machine. I went out to talk to them and the first thing he says is "what size tires are those"? I told him 28's and he said "I knew they'd fit". Told him they wouldn't without front A arms, "look like they would", "they won't". "I'm planning on putting a turbo on mine". Told him it's not recommended, it's a lot of work and minimal gains. The motor's not big enough to spool it up. "No, I saw a video where someone did it." "Right, AMR, it's the only one I know of and it achieved minimal gains." Asked them about the seat heat. She replied with "I put these folded blankets between us and it blocks some of the steam that comes through the seat belt latches... you wouldn't believe how much comes through there." Told them I know and explained that I make something for that. He also said at one point that "you'd be surprised what these things can go through." Told him that some would be surprised but not me, it's been to hell and back.
The point of this is, am I being that guy? The know it all DH that poo poos everything? I've let it go in the past. Met a guy a couple yrs ago at a different campground that had a P1k. Asked if he'd had the clutch update done and he responded with "it's an automatic"... :rolleyes: I let it go. So do I let him go and spend a bunch of money on crap that won't work? Smile and tell him how cool that would be? Or tell him the truth and come across as a douche? What would you do? I'll probably never see them again in my life so no big deal but had me asking myself... am I that guy?

St Helen Muddy

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I give 0 Fucs you know that more than anyone. Id tell him hes a DB.
Seriously tho, some folks u can talk to and some u just cant.
You can feel if u should say something by there Demeter. But if they want to be a DB, all bets are off. 🤣
Your a good man Bri.👍

TxDoc

TxDoc

Lifetime Member
May 19, 2019
TEXAS 🇨🇱
photos.app.goo.gl
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You Must Be that guy! Somebody HAS TO.

Just kidding. This is common with male and female KARENS in abundance, worldwide.

You and a million knowledgeable others can't change RESISTANT IGNORANCE.

YOU did the right thing, the truthful thing, the honorable and honest thing.

Those kinds of people will FIND OUT one day
.. THE HARD WAY

THOSE people are in the category of They Don't Know What They Don't Know... YET.

Don't let them dissuade you from helping others... You may run into me.. I PROMISE YOU I'll listen.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

NTCPrezJB

NTCPrezJB

President of #NTC
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 30, 2018
Canton, OH
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I went camping over the weekend and took the P5. Rarely see another one but actually saw two this time. A white one pulling into a gas station and a blue one that was actually staying in the same campground we were at. I saw them go by and then they came back and stopped in front of my machine. I went out to talk to them and the first thing he says is "what size tires are those"? I told him 28's and he said "I knew they'd fit". Told him they wouldn't without front A arms, "look like they would", "they won't". "I'm planning on putting a turbo on mine". Told him it's not recommended, it's a lot of work and minimal gains. The motor's not big enough to spool it up. "No, I saw a video where someone did it." "Right, AMR, it's the only one I know of and it achieved minimal gains." Asked them about the seat heat. She replied with "I put these folded blankets between us and it blocks some of the steam that comes through the seat belt latches... you wouldn't believe how much comes through there." Told them I know and explained that I make something for that. He also said at one point that "you'd be surprised what these things can go through." Told him that some would be surprised but not me, it's been to hell and back.
The point of this is, am I being that guy? The know it all DH that poo poos everything? I've let it go in the past. Met a guy a couple yrs ago at a different campground that had a P1k. Asked if he'd had the clutch update done and he responded with "it's an automatic"... :rolleyes: I let it go. So do I let him go and spend a bunch of money on crap that won't work? Smile and tell him how cool that would be? Or tell him the truth and come across as a douche? What would you do? I'll probably never see them again in my life so no big deal but had me asking myself... am I that guy?

View attachment 408146
Generally I try to be helpful and tell them. If they don’t want to listen…it’s on them and I quit trying to help. Some peeps just like to hear themselves talk and others actually are worth having a conversation with. 🤷🏻‍♂️

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
Talking to long term owners can be an invaluable resource, as is that interweb thingy. It's on them if they ignore these.

I say, chat em up briefly to see what ya got. If talkers, not listeners then break off and forget em.

I told ya, get the well deserved cape.
Then they'll listen! (Or they'll run away so fast you won't have to deal with em 😁)

Keep up the good P5 work, good sir.
You are appreciated!!

Last edited:
futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
The P5 purchase population is shrinking.
Honda is doing next to nothing in an incredibly explosive market.

The odds of running into a new P5 or P7 owner are rapidly decreasing.

It's frustrating.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5

View attachment 408146
You’re not being that guy, it comes with owning a highly modified machine. There are only two trail systems around here to ride and I’ve had guys flag me down to look at my P1K5D.

futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
You’re not being that guy, it comes with owning a highly modified machine. There are only two trail systems around here to ride and I’ve had guys flag me down to look at my P1K5D.

Been trying to rationalize a way to buy your buggy . . . 🤨
Just can't get there. Our trails here are what they are: skinny.

Last edited:
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Been trying to rationalize a way to buy your buggy . . . 🤨
Just can't get there. Our trails here are what they are: skinny.
Ok, you have 4 posts in here. We get it. Let others post! Your being that guy! Quits Futzin around! 🤣
We know its a P5 thread and you cant help yourself 🤣
Just fucin with u 😘 NoHmo

The Green Goat

The Green Goat

LGBTQ Compliance Officer -Lotta gays in this place
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2020
Ohio
Ownership

1. 520
If they didn't comment on your nerfs, I'd automatically dismiss them as know-nothings who aren't worth trying to educate.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!