Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
Should have introduced them to hondasxs.com 🙃
Guess I could have. I was wearing one of the old hoodies, the one with the big American flag on the back. And there's two of the big die cut stickers on the machine. Said they bought the first P5 that dealer ever received and no one knew anything about them. That's like 8 or 9 years ago. If he was searching out info at all you'd think he would've found this place by now.

osobad

osobad

Lifetime Member
Nov 23, 2020
Tampa Bay Florida
Ownership

1. 700-2
So I went camping over the weekend and took the P5. Rarely see another one but actually saw two this time. A white one pulling into a gas station and a blue one that was actually staying in the same campground we were at. I saw them go by and then they came back and stopped in front of my machine. I went out to talk to them and the first thing he says is "what size tires are those"? I told him 28's and he said "I knew they'd fit". Told him they wouldn't without front A arms, "look like they would", "they won't". "I'm planning on putting a turbo on mine". Told him it's not recommended, it's a lot of work and minimal gains. The motor's not big enough to spool it up. "No, I saw a video where someone did it." "Right, AMR, it's the only one I know of and it achieved minimal gains." Asked them about the seat heat. She replied with "I put these folded blankets between us and it blocks some of the steam that comes through the seat belt latches... you wouldn't believe how much comes through there." Told them I know and explained that I make something for that. He also said at one point that "you'd be surprised what these things can go through." Told him that some would be surprised but not me, it's been to hell and back.
The point of this is, am I being that guy? The know it all DH that poo poos everything? I've let it go in the past. Met a guy a couple yrs ago at a different campground that had a P1k. Asked if he'd had the clutch update done and he responded with "it's an automatic"... :rolleyes: I let it go. So do I let him go and spend a bunch of money on crap that won't work? Smile and tell him how cool that would be? Or tell him the truth and come across as a douche? What would you do? I'll probably never see them again in my life so no big deal but had me asking myself... am I that guy?

View attachment 408146
Not if it is done in an informative way but some people are gonna get but hurt no matter what so screw em

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I went camping over the weekend and took the P5. Rarely see another one but actually saw two this time. A white one pulling into a gas station and a blue one that was actually staying in the same campground we were at. I saw them go by and then they came back and stopped in front of my machine. I went out to talk to them and the first thing he says is "what size tires are those"? I told him 28's and he said "I knew they'd fit". Told him they wouldn't without front A arms, "look like they would", "they won't". "I'm planning on putting a turbo on mine". Told him it's not recommended, it's a lot of work and minimal gains. The motor's not big enough to spool it up. "No, I saw a video where someone did it." "Right, AMR, it's the only one I know of and it achieved minimal gains." Asked them about the seat heat. She replied with "I put these folded blankets between us and it blocks some of the steam that comes through the seat belt latches... you wouldn't believe how much comes through there." Told them I know and explained that I make something for that. He also said at one point that "you'd be surprised what these things can go through." Told him that some would be surprised but not me, it's been to hell and back.
The point of this is, am I being that guy? The know it all DH that poo poos everything? I've let it go in the past. Met a guy a couple yrs ago at a different campground that had a P1k. Asked if he'd had the clutch update done and he responded with "it's an automatic"... :rolleyes: I let it go. So do I let him go and spend a bunch of money on crap that won't work? Smile and tell him how cool that would be? Or tell him the truth and come across as a douche? What would you do? I'll probably never see them again in my life so no big deal but had me asking myself... am I that guy?

View attachment 408146
Should’ve just given them Hondasxs stickers and said your name was Prancer and that you was gonna Prance…no prance-o del homo though….I’m currently trying to resurrect Crunchy from neglect. Time and trips to Tennessee have taken their toll…

100Acre

100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
You can't shove your knowledge in peoples faces, you have to be diplomatic about it.
I’ve tried the ‘ I’m gonna shove my knowledge down your throat” thing for far too long. It doesn’t really work. Now I just plant seeds. Farming thoughts and minds so to speak…slow growth.

D

driller

Feb 19, 2022
WV
Ownership

1. 520
There's a life lesson in passing on knowledge, no matter the topic. Some are eager to learn but unwilling to listen while others are content they've seen it all and already know everything. Then there is the majority in between the two who don't really fit either extreme but will take a kernel of knowledge from the conversation and pass it along. ;)

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
"That guy" is a reference to a naysayer whos only skill is to say it can not be done.
The difference with you is that you have already done it, tried it, been there and have the tee shirt (or hoody).
(In a few limited cases you watched some other dumbass try it)

From what I hear, those nerf bars are worth more than any turbo could hope to be.

Tom_C

Tom_C

Jul 17, 2021
Virginia, USA
Ownership

1. 500
Totally, or mostly, off topic, but @trigger if you are bored have a look at the youtube site for "2vintage". It popped up in my feed after I had been searching for UTV snow plows, and it's a young dude (2 brothers, actually) that buy old or non-running stuff for cheap, rebuild it and I assume resell it.

Sometimes it's a 10 minute fix, sometimes it's a complete rebuild. The stuff I watched was about 4x4s, but they do dirt bikes, 4x4s, even had a boat. They are super experienced mechanics. Very interesting watching them, but I had to stop, not enough time in the day. :)

Tom_C

Tom_C

Jul 17, 2021
Virginia, USA
Ownership

1. 500
@trigger I've gone down a rabbit hole lately on 500/520 youtube upgrades, and I ran on this video that mentions "something called the Trigger shield" for engine noise, around 1:15 minute mark. Thought it was funny. He never mentions where he saw it, but it can only be one place! :)

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
@trigger I've gone down a rabbit hole lately on 500/520 youtube upgrades, and I ran on this video that mentions "something called the Trigger shield" for engine noise, around 1:15 minute mark. Thought it was funny. He never mentions where he saw it, but it can only be one place! :)

Guy looks like he should be driving a Jeep or bronco. Especially with his complaining. 🤣

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500

Yeah he used to be on this forum, he also used to have that P5. If I remember right he moved on to a different machine to do reviews on. Pretty sure he had dreams of being a social influencer and he never got a shield.

Tom_C

Tom_C

Jul 17, 2021
Virginia, USA
Ownership

1. 500
Yeah he used to be on this forum, he also used to have that P5. If I remember right he moved on to a different machine to do reviews on. Pretty sure he had dreams of being a social influencer and he never got a shield.

Don't you know? Influencers expect free swag to promote your stuff to their 10's of followers!

His loss, I love my authentic Trig shield :)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!