Screenshot 20210319 151434 Email

ByronM

ByronM

Lifetime Member
Aug 9, 2016
St Charles, Il
Ownership

1. 700-4
Looks like my bill of sale may be enough, here is the email chain, I will keep updating any developments:
That should be fine. I will try and look at this Tues. when I return back. The office here has been crazy busy so I apologize.

Thank you. I think I gave you the info needed.

If not please reply. If you need this sooner you can call our office (208) 983-2742 Mon-Fri.8:30-5

Thank you

Sent: Thursday, March 18, 2021 6:40 PM
To: Betty Umbinetti <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: UTV Restricted License Plate

Betty:
I live in Illinois but have my UTV registered in WI as that is where I usually ride.

As far as a title when I bought my machine in Wisconsin I had the dealer take care of all the paper work and he made no mention of of a title (I did get a certificate of origin) , evidently Wisconsin did not need one to register my machine at the time. So if you need a title I will need to apply for one, please let me know.

WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning

My check koozie light, keeps coming on
Lifetime Member
Feb 19, 2017
Magnolia Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Started designing a back rack for my buggy. Similar to a boat rack. So I can pack more junk into the bed

Reactions: TimG
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Looks like my bill of sale may be enough, here is the email chain, I will keep updating any developments:
That should be fine. I will try and look at this Tues. when I return back. The office here has been crazy busy so I apologize.

Thank you. I think I gave you the info needed.

If not please reply. If you need this sooner you can call our office (208) 983-2742 Mon-Fri.8:30-5

Thank you

Sent: Thursday, March 18, 2021 6:40 PM
To: Betty Umbinetti <[email protected]>
Subject: Re: UTV Restricted License Plate

Betty:
I live in Illinois but have my UTV registered in WI as that is where I usually ride.

As far as a title when I bought my machine in Wisconsin I had the dealer take care of all the paper work and he made no mention of of a title (I did get a certificate of origin) , evidently Wisconsin did not need one to register my machine at the time. So if you need a title I will need to apply for one, please let me know.
What’s the word on this Byron....🤔

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
ByronM

ByronM

Lifetime Member
Aug 9, 2016
St Charles, Il
Ownership

1. 700-4
What’s the word on this Byron....🤔
John, I received this reply yesterday which doesn’t answer how to actually get a restricted plate :

“If you are using this on county roads here the plate is $7.60. We can no longer mail these plates out so a temp is issued and a plate is mailed from Idaho Transportation. If you order a plate you must purchase an off highway sticker through Idaho Parks and recreation. Otherwise, if you only use it on trails you only need an Off Hwy sticker.”

I am planning on calling this afternoon and will post what happens.

Reactions: TimG
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
John, I received this reply yesterday which doesn’t answer how to actually get a restricted plate :

“If you are using this on county roads here the plate is $7.60. We can no longer mail these plates out so a temp is issued and a plate is mailed from Idaho Transportation. If you order a plate you must purchase an off highway sticker through Idaho Parks and recreation. Otherwise, if you only use it on trails you only need an Off Hwy sticker.”

I am planning on calling this afternoon and will post what happens.
Sounds to me like once you’ve provided her with the documentation and funding she’s requested she’ll mail you a sticker and a temporary (paper) plate to use while you’re waiting for IT to mail you the permanent metal plate. And hopefully the metal plate arrives before our ride....I’m curious what the ex date will be on the temp, and what she says to you when you call today....🤔

advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Started designing a back rack for my buggy. Similar to a boat rack. So I can pack more junk into the bed
What’s your progress with Idaho registration???

WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning

Lifetime Member
Feb 19, 2017
Magnolia Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Looking to buy
What’s your progress with Idaho registration???
I'm exactly where Byron is. I sent all my requested information. And ask how to pay. Haven't received an answer. You have to order the sticker from another address

Reactions: Montecresto
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Looking to buy
I'm exactly where Byron is. I sent all my requested information. And ask how to pay. Haven't received an answer. You have to order the sticker from another address
Well it’s definitely changed in two years. Still sounds like you can get there though...🤞
When you find out the address for the sticker, please post it here...👍

WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning

Lifetime Member
Feb 19, 2017
Magnolia Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Going to make sure I get plates b4 ordering sticker

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Going to make sure I get plates b4 ordering sticker
Then get you a little back lit motorcycle plate frame to install it in and wire it up to your taillights....😎

ByronM

ByronM

Lifetime Member
Aug 9, 2016
St Charles, Il
Ownership

1. 700-4
Sorry I got sidetracked today, I will call Idaho tomorrow for sure.

Friday update:
Called to inquire the next step, left a voicemail message with my credit card info and phone number and asked if there was anything else needed. We will see what happens next week I guess.

Last edited:
ByronM

ByronM

Lifetime Member
Aug 9, 2016
St Charles, Il
Ownership

1. 700-4
Success! Got the notification from Idaho that my temporary restricted plate is on the way, the permanent plate won’t get here for 4-6 weeks so don’t wait to the last minute. I still need to get an off highway sticker from Idaho Parks and Recreation before it valid so I will do that yet this week.
FYI: I think it will take a phone call with a credit card number so they can charge you.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!