Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I am a bit confused, wouldn't riding the course in reverse without street plates just put the problem of getting to a the hotel in Montrose instead of in Moab? Don't get me wrong, I am going either way, just trying to understand.
There’s several Uber drivers in Montrose, and the staging area is about 5 miles out of town, so I don’t think there would be a problem there. 🤔

But we’re still working on the plates issue, so we won’t abandon that and the original itinerary just yet.....🤞

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Monte.

Since you weren't able to talk to Moab Police you probably won't know but is there a chance the PD would patrol where we parked the trucks and trailers in or near Moab? If so then it might be less likely to experience mischief/theft. Montrose parking area seems remote from your pictures. Not advocated for reverse trip, just think out loud.

Reactions: Pilgrim
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Monte.

Since you weren't able to talk to Moab Police you probably won't know but is there a chance the PD would patrol where we parked the trucks and trailers in or near Moab? If so then it might be less likely to experience mischief/theft. Montrose parking area seems remote from your pictures. Not advocated for reverse trip, just think out loud.
Well, I arrived Moab Friday afternoon about 3:00 and got our room and then set out Mills Creek Rd which heads south and just out of town becomes Spanish Valley Rd to explore the route in and looked at housing options on that end of town as well. Came back into town and drove around stopping for fuel, a convenience store stop, back to the motel, and then to dinner and back and never saw a police car all afternoon or evening. The next morning, we spent 4-5 hours driving around town, visiting the UTV rentals, two attempts at the police station, a lunch stop, out Sand Flats Rd to the closest riding trails, leaving town about 12:30-1:00 and again never saw a police car.....

So, my inclination would be to say that the police don’t patrol anything.....😂😂

But no, I would not think that they patrol the Spanish Valley at all, mainly because it would be outside their jurisdiction....🤔

But, I have to say that I can’t confirm the actual staging areas location for the Rimrocker on the Utah side as I wasn’t thinking at that time about us even using it, so I didn’t even travel that far out (maybe 15 miles???) where the dirt trail actually ends and we turn to the pavement of Spanish Trail Dr.

I do recommend under either scenario that we don’t have anything of value in our truck beds and that trailer locks are used to secure trailers....It doesn’t look like there would be police patrol on either end, neither staging area being within city limits. So county sheriff maybe.....

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Not surprised based on the PD not answering phone. It's not exactly "tourist season" yet and maybe the traditional influx may not occur due to the China bug but we can expect more folks in town and the area as the weather warms. A lot of cities and Sheriff's Dept use reserve officers in the heavy travel times...but who knows.

Thanks for your observations!

ByronM

ByronM

Lifetime Member
Aug 9, 2016
St Charles, Il
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have received the information on restricted license plates for UTVs from Idaho. It seems like I will need to get the plate from a county assessor in Idaho. Looked at some Idaho assessor web sites but can’t see how to get the restricted license plate.

John (or anyone that has done this)
I think you said that you got your Idaho restricted plate though the mail. How was that accomplished, who did you have to contact?

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I have received the information on restricted license plates for UTVs from Idaho. It seems like I will need to get the plate from a county assessor in Idaho. Looked at some Idaho assessor web sites but can’t see how to get the restricted license plate.

John (or anyone that has done this)
I think you said that you got your Idaho restricted plate though the mail. How was that accomplished, who did you have to contact?
Hey Byron, I used the accessors office in Grangville Idaho. I’ll see if I can go back and find my emails....🤞

Ok, email Betty @ [email protected]

Last edited:
WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning

My check koozie light, keeps coming on
Lifetime Member
Feb 19, 2017
Magnolia Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I'm looking into South Dakota for tags. The information I've received so far is you can do all the necessary work for tags on line and the us mail.

WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning

My check koozie light, keeps coming on
Lifetime Member
Feb 19, 2017
Magnolia Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Screenshot 20210316 232632

advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I'm looking into South Dakota for tags. The information I've received so far is you can do all the necessary work for tags on line and the us mail.
I registered my 2016 Pioneer 1000-3 with South Dakota (back in 2016) and it was based upon that same message from the RZR owner. I used the same DMV office that he did. As he said, they were accommodating and easy to work with....However, it cost me $700.00 😳😳😳

I’ve posted multiple times in this thread that you can register and plate your SXS in Idaho, the same way, just as easily, and by mail, for under $30.00

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
I registered my 2016 Pioneer 1000-3 with South Dakota (back in 2016) and it was based upon that same message from the RZR owner. I used the same DMV office that he did. As he said, they were accommodating and easy to work with....However, it cost me $700.00 😳😳😳

I’ve posted multiple times in this thread that you can register and plate your SXS in Idaho, the same way, just as easily, and by mail, for under $30.00
I just talked to ID DMV yesterday and there was a restriction on local DMV officers could only handle folks from their own county. This restriction has been lifted and you can apply at any ID DMV regardless of where you live.

By the way they are issuing restricted ID plated for mini bike use on and off roads. You need Bill of sale, cert of origin and a picture of the VIN. Cost for my SxS was $7 for a 10 year plate and $12 per year for the sticker...not sure about cost for nonres.

Happy St Patrick's Day to all!! Corned beef is ready for the smoker.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I just talked to ID DMV yesterday and there was a restriction on local DMV officers could only handle folks from their own county. This restriction has been lifted and you can apply at any ID DMV regardless of where you live.

By the way they are issuing restricted ID plated for mini bike use on and off roads. You need Bill of sale, cert of origin and a picture of the VIN. Cost for my SxS was $7 for a 10 year plate and $12 per year for the sticker...not sure about cost for nonres.

Yeah, I sure wish somebody that’s planning on going on this ride would get going on this with an Idaho office so we can see that it’s still available for non residents so that everyone else can get it done....🤔

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Always wondered about a corned beef brisket on the smoker...🤔

Let us know how that works out....👍

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
not sure about cost for nonres.
Can’t say what it is for nonresidents today, but two years ago it was under $30.00 for me.

Last edited:
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Yeah, I sure wish somebody that’s planning on going on this ride would get going on this with an Idaho office so we can see that it’s still available for non residents so that everyone else can get it done....🤔
Maybe I wasn't clear. ID DMV is processing requests at ALL DMV offices again...no restrictions...per "Robert" at Boise DMV. If someone knows differently, please let us know.

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Always wondered about a corned beef brisket on the smoker...🤔

Let us know how that works out....👍
Not my first rodeo...only complaint I've had is that it's not as moist as when it's done in a crock pot and cooked all day in beer...but then she won't eat jerky either.

• Haha
Reactions: Montecresto
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Not my first rodeo...only complaint I've had is that it's not as moist as when it's done in a crock pot and cooked all day in beer...but then she won't eat jerky either.
I spoke too soon. I went down to the shop for a bit and when I came back to the house someone sneaked in and dropped the corned beef into the crock pot...next time I'll hide it.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!