Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Maybe I wasn't clear. ID DMV is processing requests at ALL DMV offices again...no restrictions...per "Robert" at Boise DMV. If someone knows differently, please let us know.
Sorry, I probably wasn’t either....🙄😂

I’m hoping for someone attending this ride that’s not an Idaho resident can get on this and confirm that a non resident can still obtain a metal plate and sticker via mail/email, as I did 2 years ago. And what the current nonres cost is.....👍👍👍

Then Byron came along and said he would be doing so today.....🤞

WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning

My check koozie light, keeps coming on
Lifetime Member
Feb 19, 2017
Magnolia Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I just sent an email to the lady in Idaho. Hopefully I'll get a response

• Love
Reactions: Montecresto
ByronM

ByronM

Lifetime Member
Aug 9, 2016
St Charles, Il
Ownership

1. 700-4
You will need to change Betty’s email from .gov to .org.
here is her reply to me:

Hello Byron,

We would need proof of ownership document, IL driver's license and your SS#
We have a new computer program and I have not registered out of state ones yet.
Your address as well

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, March 17, 2021 7:47 AM
To: Betty Umbinetti <[email protected]>
Subject: UTV Restricted License Plate

• Love
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
You will need to change Betty’s email from .gov to .org.
here is her reply to me:

Hello Byron,

We would need proof of ownership document, IL driver's license and your SS#
We have a new computer program and I have not registered out of state ones yet.
Your address as well

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Wednesday, March 17, 2021 7:47 AM
To: Betty Umbinetti <[email protected]>
Subject: UTV Restricted License Plate
Sorry for the error in her email, and thanks for the correction.

Yep, that’s what she said to me two years ago! And I told her I wanted it for riding in Idaho, and of course at that time I really was, but I don’t know that it mattered to her either way.

Good job Byron, fingers crossed that you get what you need.

And thanks for jumping in and doing it...😊

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I just sent an email to the lady in Idaho. Hopefully I'll get a response
Byron did!!! I suspect you will too...👍
Btw, did you see the slight correction to her email that Byron pointed out? You may need to resubmit your email to her...😎

Reactions: Pilgrim
Remote

Remote

Jan 30, 2017
Rocky Mountains
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Always wondered about a corned beef brisket on the smoker...🤔
Soak it in clear cold water/ice for ~24 hours changing the water 2-3 times to debrine the brisket. Rub with fresh ground pepper and coriander seed, garlic powder, wrap tightly in saran wrap and let sit in fridge for 2-3days. Smoke ~ 6 hours and internal temp of 160f. Wrap in foil, let cool. Slice in a slicer super thin. You have just made pastrami. We put the sliced meat into a French onion soup and simmer on low for a while, bag and freeze. Makes for a real treat. Better half came home with 5 on sale St P brisket the other day for this very purpose.

Watching the street legal process very closely. Thanks to all that have provided info in this complex endeavor.

• Love
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Soak it in clear cold water/ice for ~24 hours changing the water 2-3 times to debrine the brisket. Rub with fresh ground pepper and coriander seed, garlic powder, wrap tightly in saran wrap and let sit in fridge for 2-3days. Smoke ~ 6 hours and internal temp of 160f. Wrap in foil, let cool. Slice in a slicer super thin. You have just made pastrami. We put the sliced meat into a French onion soup and simmer on low for a while, bag and freeze. Makes for a real treat. Better half came home with 5 on sale St P brisket the other day for this very purpose.

Watching the street legal process very closely. Thanks to all that have provided info in this complex endeavor.
Wow! Thanks for the recipe!!!

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Complex ain’t no chit.....😂
Hope we can help you in the end.

Remote

Remote

Jan 30, 2017
Rocky Mountains
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I may be able to help on the Montrose end. A subcontractor I know has acreage/ranch over on Dave Wood Road in Montrose. Its about 2-3 miles west of the Official staging area. It also appears to be accessible to the Rimrocker with a BLM side road. His place is pretty big with tons of space I'll ask him about parking. That is where I would like to park when we do the trail. In case I talk to him, approximately how many in your party? Also, if you decide to start in Moab you could park UTVs overnight (assuming he is cool with it) there and most of the Montrose Hotels free shuttle services to drive skiers from Montrose Airport to Telluride.

advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Also, if you decide to start in Moab you could park UTVs overnight (assuming he is cool with it) there and most of the Montrose Hotels free shuttle services to drive skiers from Montrose Airport to Telluride.
Thanks for the offer to help. 😎
It sure would be cool to park at your friends place if he’d allow us to. I believe we’ll have 10-12 trucks and trailers. Of course there may well be fewer on race day, you know how that goes....😉

I’m not sure what you mean about this part though. Could you explain it better please. Thank you......😊

Reactions: Pilgrim
Remote

Remote

Jan 30, 2017
Rocky Mountains
Ownership

1. 1000-5
IIRC, I read in the previous discussion that there might be a possibility of your group trail heading in Moab and running the route backwards with a overnight in Montrose if the Utah street legal deal doesn't work well. If so, you may be able to use the aforementioned friends ranch for secure parking and hitch a ride to a hotel in Montrose as a lot of them employ shuttle vans for visitors, skiers and pick up at the Montrose Airport. I should run into the guy with the property pretty quick as he is starting the solar part of a McMansion being built just down the road from me.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
IIRC, I read in the previous discussion that there might be a possibility of your group trail heading in Moab and running the route backwards with a overnight in Montrose if the Utah street legal deal doesn't work well. If so, you may be able to use the aforementioned friends ranch for secure parking and hitch a ride to a hotel in Montrose as a lot of them employ shuttle vans for visitors, skiers and pick up at the Montrose Airport. I should run into the guy with the property pretty quick as he is starting the solar part of a McMansion being built just down the road from me.
Oh I see. Thanks. I understand there’s a few Uber’s there too.
let us know what your friend says, always nice to have contingencies...👍

Reactions: Remote
WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning

Lifetime Member
Feb 19, 2017
Magnolia Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I may be able to help on the Montrose end. A subcontractor I know has acreage/ranch over on Dave Wood Road in Montrose. Its about 2-3 miles west of the Official staging area. It also appears to be accessible to the Rimrocker with a BLM side road. His place is pretty big with tons of space I'll ask him about parking. That is where I would like to park when we do the trail. In case I talk to him, approximately how many in your party? Also, if you decide to start in Moab you could park UTVs overnight (assuming he is cool with it) there and most of the Montrose Hotels free shuttle services to drive skiers from Montrose Airport to Telluride.
That would be awesome

WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning

Lifetime Member
Feb 19, 2017
Magnolia Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Byron did!!! I suspect you will too...👍
Btw, did you see the slight correction to her email that Byron pointed out? You may need to resubmit your email to her...😎
I just did. I'm guessing that's why I never got a response lol

Reactions: Smitty335
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Any word @ByronM and @WhiteLightning 🤔

ByronM

ByronM

Lifetime Member
Aug 9, 2016
St Charles, Il
Ownership

1. 700-4
I sent all the information that I had which included my drivers license info, my bill of sale, and social security # and even though there was no request for it a copy of my Wi registration and insurance card.

Now Betty has asked for my title which I don’t have because I never titled it, I explained that when I purchased my machine in Wisconsin. I had the dealer register it in Wisconsin and there was no mention of applying for a title.

I replied that if it was a requirement to have a title I do have a Certificate of Origin so I could to apply for one. Unfortunately with Illinois still on COVID restrictions I have no idea how long it may take.

I am awaiting further clarification from Betty

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I sent all the information that I had which included my drivers license info, my bill of sale, and social security # and even though there was no request for it a copy of my Wi registration and insurance card.

Now Betty has asked for my title which I don’t have because I never titled it, I explained that when I purchased my machine in Wisconsin. I had the dealer register it in Wisconsin and there was no mention of applying for a title.

I replied that if it was a requirement to have a title I do have a Certificate of Origin so I could to apply for one. Unfortunately with Illinois still on COVID restrictions I have no idea how long it may take.

That’s progress!!! My recollection is that she accepted my Certificate of Origin....🤔
Because I don’t have titles for my SXS’s either....

WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning

Lifetime Member
Feb 19, 2017
Magnolia Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

I'm still waiting on a response from her.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!