L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Hey Monty,

There appears to be only one OHV pass in CO...no "non-res" permit listed. Cost is $25...is that what we need for the honor of riding on the BLM Rimrock trail???

Reactions: Pilgrim
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Hey Monty,

There appears to be only one OHV pass in CO...no "non-res" permit listed. Cost is $25...is that what we need for the honor of riding on the BLM Rimrock trail???
Yep, that’s it....

Reactions: Pilgrim
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Smitty335
It's JUST a number...I used to fly a Dehav Otter with tail # 666XrayXray. I flew into Fairbanks once and the controller in the tower said "That's not for real...right?? Yip, but I'll use Xray Xray if you would feel better.. Fairbanks ground replied "YES...YES I would". It was a great airplane, we flew fish eggs off the beach to a JAL 747 in Anchorage waiting to take the eggs to Tokyo where they arrived just a little over 24 hours out of the fish. Big money in that...not for me but for the company.

Reactions: Smitty335
Keebler

Keebler

Nov 1, 2020
St Charles, Mo
Ownership

1. 500
A couple questions from a flatlander. What is the expected temperatures for the ride? Are we talking mountain camping with nights in the 40s and days in Moab in the 90s? Do I need bear spay? Will we be able to have camp fires? Will bug spray be needed? My poor little P500 is getting loaded down with stuff, but I don't want to forget something important.

• Haha
Remote

Remote

Jan 30, 2017
Rocky Mountains
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Will we be able to have camp fires?
More than likely depending on fire danger stage at the time of your trip. I would suggest calling the district ranger for more info when your ride date gets closer. Fire stages for a forest are set on a few factors. Including weather conditions, visitor impact and their individual recent fire history, and local political input. In the past few years, it had gotten to the point where several forests in the vicinity of your ride were completely closed due to fire restrictions and fires. Restrictions can vary from fires in approved fire rings at approved camp sites to no fires or open flames period, to complete closure. I remember my DILs mom, who is USFS, had to do nightly camp patrols 4-5 years ago to check for any open flames n because we were at a hi stage fire condition. IIRC they weren't even allowing things like propane lanterns it was so bad that year.

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I registered my 2016 Pioneer 1000-3 with South Dakota (back in 2016) and it was based upon that same message from the RZR owner. I used the same DMV office that he did. As he said, they were accommodating and easy to work with....However, it cost me $700.00 😳😳😳

I’ve posted multiple times in this thread that you can register and plate your SXS in Idaho, the same way, just as easily, and by mail, for under $30.00
Did it cost you $700 because you had to pay sales tax? I see they provide a credit if this was paid to another state at purchase.

I emailed Betty.

Last edited:
  • Sad
LilRedDonkey

LilRedDonkey

Feb 25, 2021
cheesyland
Ownership

1. 500
What are some of your ideas for quick meals for the nights on trail?
Image product spam classic 12oz 420x420
Dm BeefStew 20oz straight 330 1

Reactions: WhiteLightning
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
More than likely depending on fire danger stage at the time of your trip. I would suggest calling the district ranger for more info when your ride date gets closer. Fire stages for a forest are set on a few factors. Including weather conditions, visitor impact and their individual recent fire history, and local political input. In the past few years, it had gotten to the point where several forests in the vicinity of your ride were completely closed due to fire restrictions and fires. Restrictions can vary from fires in approved fire rings at approved camp sites to no fires or open flames period, to complete closure. I remember my DILs mom, who is USFS, had to do nightly camp patrols 4-5 years ago to check for any open flames n because we were at a hi stage fire condition. IIRC they weren't even allowing things like propane lanterns it was so bad that year.
I won’t be asking the ranger for s***. We will have fire at camp....👍

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Did it cost you $700 because you had to pay sales tax? I see they provide a credit if this was paid to another state at purchase.

I emailed Betty.
Can’t remember, it was years ago. Your best bet was always to email Betty....👍

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
A couple questions from a flatlander. What is the expected temperatures for the ride? Are we talking mountain camping with nights in the 40s and days in Moab in the 90s? Do I need bear spay? Will we be able to have camp fires? Will bug spray be needed? My poor little P500 is getting loaded down with stuff, but I don't want to forget something important.
Campfires yes
Bear spray isn’t a bad idea
I would think upper 30’s low 40’s in Colorado at night at those elevations.
Bug spray won’t be necessary
Yes, Moab will likely be quite warm during the day.

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Great having someone with local knowledge!! My areas shut open flame pretty early depending upon weather and as dry as it's been here it's most likely that way early this year too.
Done.

CO web site said it could take 20 work days to arrive so maybe consider that when ordering.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!