The 2021 Rimrocker Round Trip Overland Trek

Remote

Remote

Jan 30, 2017
Rocky Mountains
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Be mindful on spark arresters in the mufflers your running, make sure yours have them, if you get checked and you don't have them, it could be a long walk. They are forecasting another bad fire year coming up out West and they could be checking for that. I see where your in a red flag burn area.
My son occasionally rides in the general area of the Rimrocker start point. He noted that the authorities are pretty thorough on enforcement. Especially mufflers and sound. There is (perhaps was, as I don't notice it anymore when I drive by ) a OVH sound compliance bulletin board at the Montrose USFS field office. I would not want to be the person caught without a USDA approved arrester during fire season.

Pilgrim

Pilgrim

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 25, 2018
Oklahoma City
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just went over @Montecresto original list on page one......I got no red reflectors or license light yet..... simple enough....the other thing I had missed that probably had been discussed before was that we also neede utah sticker in addition to Colorado sticker and the much discussed and cussed license plate...... are those available by mail..... I know the Colorado is....

Reactions: Montecresto
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Be mindful on spark arresters in the mufflers your running, make sure yours have them, if you get checked and you don't have them, it could be a long walk. They are forecasting another bad fire year coming up out West and they could be checking for that. I see where your in a red flag burn area.
I think Honda puts them in.....🤔

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I just went over @Montecresto original list on page one......I got no red reflectors or license light yet..... simple enough....the other thing I had missed that probably had been discussed before was that we also neede utah sticker in addition to Colorado sticker and the much discussed and cussed license plate...... are those available by mail..... I know the Colorado is....
Yes...

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
My son occasionally rides in the general area of the Rimrocker start point. He noted that the authorities are pretty thorough on enforcement. Especially mufflers and sound. There is (perhaps was, as I don't notice it anymore when I drive by ) a OVH sound compliance bulletin board at the Montrose USFS field office. I would not want to be the person caught without a USDA approved arrester during fire season.
According to the Rimrocker Trail organization that monitors the trail and regularly posts events and conditions, there’s been no riders hassled about noise or spark arrestors. And of the dozen or so YouTube videos posted along the route by groups that have done the Rimrocker, I’ve seen nothing from anyone suggesting encounters with forestry personnel...

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
According to rimrockertrail.org in their latest trail update, there’s one detour due to snow, but they said they are dispatching dozers to deal with it. A recent group doing the trail said the river crossing at the campground was 10” and rising due to snow melt. Also there seems to be signage problems along the route. Apparently people are stealing them for souvenirs....🙄 They are going out to replace them. Hopefully none of this will be a problem by the time we ride....

GrnP500

GrnP500

Lifetime Member
Apr 21, 2019
COTXARLA
Ownership

1. 500
Received my registration tag today. Took about as long as they said.

20210511 144130

Keebler

Keebler

Nov 1, 2020
St Charles, Mo
Ownership

1. 500
How much gas is everyone going to take? I have a P500 and am planning 5 gallons, does that sound about right? I am planning to load down the P500 within the next couple weeks and do a test run of about 50 miles, however it will be at a much lower altitude and potentially much easier trails. I want about 40 to 50% more gas than I plan on using to compensate for wrong turns and side trips.

WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning

My check koozie light, keeps coming on
Lifetime Member
Feb 19, 2017
Magnolia Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
How much gas is everyone going to take? I have a P500 and am planning 5 gallons, does that sound about right? I am planning to load down the P500 within the next couple weeks and do a test run of about 50 miles, however it will be at a much lower altitude and potentially much easier trails. I want about 40 to 50% more gas than I plan on using to compensate for wrong turns and side trips.
I'm taking 5 gallon

Reactions: Pilgrim
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
There’s one gas supply along the route at Nucla where everyone can refill. I will have 15 gallons reserve...

Buckydoo

Buckydoo

Jul 16, 2017
Got my blinkers and horn installed. License plate,stickers,and mirrors on the way. It’ll be here before we know it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pilgrim

Pilgrim

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 25, 2018
Oklahoma City
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I noticed in The original list that a flag eight feet off the ground was required......the things I have seen indicate that is only if ridding in a sand dune area..... any clarification.?

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Any thoughts on what trail(s) to ride the day we are in Moab?
When I visited Moab in February, I drove out east of town where there are 4-5 different loop trails along the south bank of the Colorado river, some of them were marked difficult...🤔

The first trail was only just outside the city limits 3-4 miles and they continued on east from there. The area is accessible through a gate with a manned booth at $5.00 a vehicle.

That would certainly be the easiest, but I sure would like input from others, especially anyone that’s already been on Moab trails....👍

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I noticed in The original list that a flag eight feet off the ground was required......the things I have seen indicate that is only if ridding in a sand dune area..... any clarification.?
I didn’t see that distinction in the link that the managers of Rimrockertrail.org sent me to, but you could be right. Depending on which trails we hit out of Moab, we might be into some dunes?????

What I’m doing is installing a 4’ lighted whip and installing the flag I purchased at the top of it.

It’s one of those things that might present a hassle if we don’t have them and need them...

Last edited:
Pilgrim

Pilgrim

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 25, 2018
Oklahoma City
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I didn’t see that distinction in the link that the managers of Rimrockertrail.org sent me too, but you could be right. Depending on which trails we hit out of Moab, we might be into some dunes?????

What I’m doing is installing a 4’ lighted whip and installing the flag I purchased at the top of it.

It’s one of those things that might present a hassle if we don’t have them and need them...
Probably the best idea.....i am not really too worried about the possible hassle part..... like the guy with bear..... all I have to be able to do is outrun you..... and you are gonna be carrying a load.....
just kidding..... I figure this is gonna be a well prepared .... tagged and stickered.... well behaved group
thanks for your leadership....

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Walter is mailing me the stickers today. And he’s about to send the artwork to Richard for the T-shirts. Hopefully everyone will order a couple shirts to make it worth everyone’s effort...👍

Reactions: WhiteLightning
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Probably the best idea.....i am not really too worried about the possible hassle part..... like the guy with bear..... all I have to be able to do is outrun you..... and you are gonna be carrying a load.....
just kidding..... I figure this is gonna be a well prepared .... tagged and stickered.... well behaved group
thanks for your leadership....
You’re welcome. I can’t say I’m much concerned about the hassle factor either where flags are concerned. But rather than buying a flag pole that I’ll not likely need again, I figured to put it on a lighted whip that I’d like to have on the Talon anyway...🤔

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Got the goods in the mail yesterday.....😎

495D3A4A 574F 4E08 ADC6 83A9C5D1AFDF

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!