Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Did u get your OHV registration "receipt" and sticker at the same time? I got my printed "receipt" but no sticker.
Yes, they were both together....

GrnP500

GrnP500

Lifetime Member
Apr 21, 2019
COTXARLA
Ownership

1. 500
Ok, I guess that’s a fair assessment.....
I did have my OHV sticker after all. In my defense, my old timers and confusion kicked in when I saw Montys plate posting. I didn't have one of those blue stickers (the reissue sticker). I see Monty didn't actually have his stickers applied, and just switched their location on the license plate to see if anyone got confused. It worked, but all is well. New Idaho plate and OHV sticker installed on GRNP500.

Last edited:
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I see Monty didn't actually have is stickers applied, and just switch their location on the license plate to see if anyone got confused.
Hey, it gets boring in this thread sometimes......😂

Reactions: Pilgrim and Prntckt
WhiteLightning

WhiteLightning

My check koozie light, keeps coming on
Lifetime Member
Feb 19, 2017
Magnolia Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I did have my OHV sticker after all. In my defense, my old timers and confusion kicked in when I saw Montys plate posting. I didn't have one of those blue stickers (the reissue sticker). I see Monty didn't actually have is stickers applied, and just switch their location on the license plate to see if anyone got confused. It worked, but all is well. New Idaho plate and OHV sticker installed on GRNP500.
So are we supposed to have both stickers. I only have the white one

Reactions: Pilgrim
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
So are we supposed to have both stickers. I only have the white one
Here’s what I was issued by Betty for my pioneer three years ago. I’ll be contacting her to see why only one sticker now. She did say there’s a new system now...🤔

50EB5569 267E 462C 8C6E 3D80DEFFA3B1

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Here’s what I was issued by Betty for my pioneer three years ago. I’ll be contacting her to see why only one sticker now. She did say there’s a new system now...🤔

View attachment 272199
Yes Sir...same plate just need a 2021 sticker on the right side. Can be obtained thru ID Parks and Rec's on line for $12.

advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Yes Sir...same plate just need a 2021 sticker on the right side. Can be obtained thru ID Parks and Rec's on line for $12.
So are the metal plates now permanent? If you notice in the picture of the plate I posted, there’s a plate expiration sticker on the left, and a IDPR 1 year sticker on the right....🤔

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Metal plates use to have to be renewed every 7 years...

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Another stupid question....is anyone using GAIA for navigation on the trail or elsewhere? It seems like a "better than most" for online apps for use on android and Apple devices.

I have a Garman GPS for my motorcycles and it seems to want to be updated every 10 minutes or so which may be wonderful if you are concerned about detours and such on the GPS screen but I can generally see signs along the road and can follow them the "old way" or do what the flagger want on the side of the road...without GPS intervention. I'm happy to get instant updates in an airplane but find them less important on the ground....rant off!!

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
So are the metal plates now permanent? If you notice in the picture of the plate I posted, there’s a plate expiration sticker on the left, and a IDPR 1 year sticker on the right....🤔
I believe so as long as you have the current Parks and Rec sticker on the right side. Having said that I tried to get a current sticker for an ATV plate that expired 31 Dec 19 and the lovely lady said the tag is expired and couldn't give me one. This was at a vendor so I'm hoping to get in touch with someone more knowable and find out the "real story". I'll advise.

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Metal plates use to have to be renewed every 7 years...
I believe 10 years like ID trailer tags or you could only buy one for a single year. Motorcycle and car/ truck (up to 10K GVW) can be one or two years...your choice. My F250 is yearly...no choice. Accurate for 5 minutes or until DMV changes it sooner.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I believe so as long as you have the current Parks and Rec sticker on the right side. Having said that I tried to get a current sticker for an ATV plate that expired 31 Dec 19 and the lovely lady said the tag is expired and couldn't give me one. This was at a vendor so I'm hoping to get in touch with someone more knowable and find out the "real story". I'll advise.
Sounds like I still need to hear from Betty. We all received the IDPR sticker for the right, that’s an annual renewal. But if you’ll notice, there’s a space on the left side for the sticker that tells when the metal plate must be renewed. Three years ago, the rule was that the UTV restricted plate had to be renewed every 7 years, which is why you see a 2025 expiration date on the left sticker in the photo I posted earlier.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Another stupid question....is anyone using GAIA for navigation on the trail or elsewhere? It seems like a "better than most" for online apps for use on android and Apple devices.

I have a Garman GPS for my motorcycles and it seems to want to be updated every 10 minutes or so which may be wonderful if you are concerned about detours and such on the GPS screen but I can generally see signs along the road and can follow them the "old way" or do what the flagger want on the side of the road...without GPS intervention. I'm happy to get instant updates in an airplane but find them less important on the ground....rant off!!
I don’t have much use for them either.... and I won’t stop and ask directions either, the last time I did that the guy said “from here”....😳 No I said, from your house....🙄

Pilgrim

Pilgrim

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 25, 2018
Oklahoma City
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I use a Samsung galaxy tablet..... I use Avenza or Maprika in Oklahoma and Arkansas....
I haven’t downloaded any rimrocker or utah maps.....
I have Gaia and it is good .... just sometimes doesn’t show all the trails.....
lot of people in Colorado use COTREX......

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
I use a Samsung galaxy tablet..... I use Avenza or Maprika in Oklahoma and Arkansas....
I haven’t downloaded any rimrocker or utah maps.....
I have Gaia and it is good .... just sometimes doesn’t show all the trails.....
lot of people in Colorado use COTREX......
Thank you Sir! Is your Galaxy on line or just direct GPS?

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Still waiting on an answer from Betty on the plate....

Reactions: WhiteLightning
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!