Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Ok, got an answer from Betty today. The metal plates are now permanent, validated each year by IDPR’s sticker in the right box....👍

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Ok, got an answer from Betty today. The metal plates are now permanent, validated each year by IDPR’s sticker in the right box....👍
Correct. And, you should be able to renew each year by name only...no need for VIN or other number or paperwork. I got plates for my mini bike and Honda ATV today...should be in the mail in 2-4 weeks but can use the paper version until metal plate arrives.

Remember...you also need liability insurance on each vehicle to ride in Idaho...not sure about other states.

Reactions: Pilgrim
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Correct. And, you should be able to renew each year by name only...no need for VIN or other number or paperwork. I got plates for my mini bike and Honda ATV today...should be in the mail in 2-4 weeks but can use the paper version until metal plate arrives.

Remember...you also need liability insurance on each vehicle to ride in Idaho...not sure about other states.
Oh yeah, liability insurance is very important. I was surprised that Betty didn’t ask me for proof of it either time she registered me....🤔

And yes, the annual renewal can be done by mail, but you won’t get a notice, have to remember. Which means we all need to renew our stickers already before Dec. 31

Reactions: Pilgrim
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Oh yeah, liability insurance is very important. I was surprised that Betty didn’t ask me for proof of it either time she registered me....🤔

And yes, the annual renewal can be done by mail, but you won’t get a notice, have to remember. Which means we all need to renew our stickers already before Dec. 31
I'm not sure DMV does anything to "police" insurance. I have never been checked by anyone. My ATV had a plate that expired in 2019 and we tried to renew the plate but there was no record of the plate but I did have a current sticker for last year so I've been using it. I asked yesterday about why I couldn't renew plate on line..."our computers are messed up" and remember that at voting time. The DMV ladies are frustrated too.

I'm pretty sure from what I was told at DMV that in early January each year you can go to a vendor and give them your name and renew everything in the system including boats and invasive species stickers all at once. They may ask for driver's license.

Pilgrim

Pilgrim

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 25, 2018
Oklahoma City
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I use a Samsung galaxy tablet..... I use Avenza or Maprika in Oklahoma and Arkansas....
I haven’t downloaded any rimrocker or utah maps.....
I have Gaia and it is good .... just sometimes doesn’t show all the trails.....
lot of people in Colorado use COTREX......
I just download stuff with WiFi.... usually before a trip.....

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Anybody receive their OHV sticker from Utah yet?

Buckydoo

Buckydoo

Jul 16, 2017
I just received my license plate in mail today. My wheeler is ready except for the license plate light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Keebler

Keebler

Nov 1, 2020
St Charles, Mo
Ownership

1. 500
I have my Idaho plate, Colorado ORV sticker, and just ordered my Utah ORV sticker. Not sure if I am going to order the Idaho ORV sticker since I probably won't be going to Idaho this year. Any thoughts on if not having an Idaho ORV sticker will be a problem for the Utah roads? I do have the plate.

advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
We did and it's proudly displayed next to my ID plate. See previous pic by Caper on my behalf.
Is that where Utah wants it displayed?

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I just received my license plate in mail today. My wheeler is ready except for the license plate light.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What about the Utah OHV sticker???

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I have my Idaho plate, Colorado ORV sticker, and just ordered my Utah ORV sticker. Not sure if I am going to order the Idaho ORV sticker since I probably won't be going to Idaho this year. Any thoughts on if not having an Idaho ORV sticker will be a problem for the Utah roads? I do have the plate.
Nope, you won’t need the Idaho OHV sticker, according to my trusted sources who are prepared to be duct taped to a tree naked next to an ant hill if they are wrong....🤔

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Nope, you won’t need the Idaho OHV sticker, according to my trusted sources who are prepared to be duct taped to a tree naked next to an ant hill if they are wrong....🤔
I was told that the ID plate is not valid without the current year Parks and Rec sticker...no ants involved.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I was told that the ID plate is not valid without the current year Parks and Rec sticker...no ants involved.
I don’t like your sarcasm mister.......😂😂😂

Yes, the IDPR sticker that we all were sent must be affixed to the lower right of the restricted plate which validates that plate for restricted highway use.

There is not however a larger OHV sticker to be attached to the front or rear of our SXS’s provided by the state of Idaho.....

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
I believe it just said rear of vehicle and I made a piece of ALum big enough to display a couple stickers.
Just put a pound of left over kinda dry smoked brisket in the pot with beans, tomato sauce, corn, green 505 stuff, onion and correct chili spices and put it on simmer till dinner time. Who knows....might get eaten tonight.

• Haha
Reactions: Montecresto
advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!