The 2021 Rimrocker Round Trip Overland Trek

Buckydoo

Buckydoo

Jul 16, 2017
Look up blinking led lights on Amazon. That’s what I’m putting on my sxs for blinkers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Look up blinking led lights on Amazon. That’s what I’m putting on my sxs for blinkers.

This is what popped up when I looked......

4BA184CF D99C 4349 BA2E D87D77B7D078

tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
When do people have to confirm? Really interested but I’ll be south of Pagosa Springs hunting for 2 weeks in Sep need to see if I can fit this in and then head out to go hunt.

Reactions: Pilgrim
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
When do people have to confirm? Really interested but I’ll be south of Pagosa Springs hunting for 2 weeks in Sep need to see if I can fit this in and then head out to go hunt.
No confirmation needed on rooms, if that’s what you mean, I’ve got them reserved. Just show up and ride with us if you can make it....👍

Reactions: TimG and tdhanses
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
I’ll look. That’s not it

Post a pic of your ride when you get those street legal lights installed. Have you got your horn, 8’ whip with flag?

Reactions: TimG
Remote

Remote

Jan 30, 2017
Rocky Mountains
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Following. We are about 1 hour from Montrose and just happen to be in the concept phase for the exact same trip next summer with a couple family and friends.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Following. We are about 1 hour from Montrose and just happen to be in the concept phase for the exact same trip next summer with a couple family and friends.
That’s cool. If you go before us you could post your experiences in here for us to learn from....👍

Remote

Remote

Jan 30, 2017
Rocky Mountains
Ownership

1. 1000-5
That’s cool. If you go before us you could post your experiences in here for us to learn from....👍
Certainly. Getting our group organized is like herding cats. Business clients, livestock, summer projects, dogs, cats, pigs, the stars have to really align. Now some family from SOCAL want to bring in some distant relatives from Salt Lake with a few RZRs to join the fun.

Is the section that crosses/parallels HWY 141 in CO open to UTVs yet? The state is supposed to be working on a frontage trail for that section. Hopefully it doesn't have to be trailered any more. The Rimrocker site Rimrocker Trail | Montrose to Moab has a list of what the various CO counties require to run the road sections of the trail but I'm pretty sure the 141 for a couple of miles. is a no go for any UTV. They also have some decent map downloads.

I read a Utah list on the RZR boards, I think directly from a Moab PD officer who is the town UTV liaison, that said tires had to be DOT? Hope not but they seem to change these rules every 15 minutes. From my past visits to Moab, I'm sure the PD will check if it is required. :(

My wife and I may just pre run parts of the trail in the early part of the summer since we live close enough to make doing a big part of it a day trip.

We used to Mtn Bike in that general area and it is just a fascinatingly cool place.

Buckydoo

Buckydoo

Jul 16, 2017
Post a pic of your ride when you get those street legal lights installed. Have you got your horn, 8’ whip with flag?

Not yet but I’m just going to buy the air horn in a can. I have a whip. I have to get a flag

Reactions: EMAW and TimG
advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Not yet but I’m just going to buy the air horn in a can. I have a whip. I have to get a flag

I’m not sure about the air horn in the can. Might want to confirm that it’s acceptable in the likely event of a stop and inspection...

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Certainly. Getting our group organized is like herding cats. Business clients, livestock, summer projects, dogs, cats, pigs, the stars have to really align. Now some family from SOCAL want to bring in some distant relatives from Salt Lake with a few RZRs to join the fun.

Is the section that crosses/parallels HWY 141 in CO open to UTVs yet? The state is supposed to be working on a frontage trail for that section. Hopefully it doesn't have to be trailered any more. The Rimrocker site Rimrocker Trail | Montrose to Moab has a list of what the various CO counties require to run the road sections of the trail but I'm pretty sure the 141 for a couple of miles. is a no go for any UTV. They also have some decent map downloads.

I read a Utah list on the RZR boards, I think directly from a Moab PD officer who is the town UTV liaison, that said tires had to be DOT? Hope not but they seem to change these rules every 15 minutes. From my past visits to Moab, I'm sure the PD will check if it is required. :(

My wife and I may just pre run parts of the trail in the early part of the summer since we live close enough to make doing a big part of it a day trip.

We used to Mtn Bike in that general area and it is just a fascinatingly cool place.
I have a list in the op of the regulations. DOT tires aren’t listed, but these things do change from time to time. I’ll for sure be revisiting the website for that throughout the year to keep up to speed. And of course if you do the trail before us, we’d appreciate any information you find along the way posted here.

Buckydoo

Buckydoo

Jul 16, 2017
I’m not sure about the air horn in the can. Might want to confirm that it’s acceptable in the likely event of a stop and inspection...

Yeah, I’ll check but, it’s definitely a warning devise. Them suckers are loud

TimG

TimG

OLD SKOOL
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 11, 2018
Southern Indiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon R LV

Yes that section is done. I read it on the Rimrocker website today. It was called the missing link project.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Yeah, I’ll check but, it’s definitely a warning devise. Them suckers are loud

Oh I know, I keep one on my boat in case my horn doesn’t ever work, and I know they’re approved for that. I suppose a ticket would be the worse thing that could happen if it’s not approved. 👍

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Yes that section is done. I read it on the Rimrocker website today. It was called the missing link project.
Glad you’re keeping an eye on that Tim! You must be planning on coming along....😎😊

EMAW

EMAW

Mama Tried!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 3, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

Dang, I thought Kansas and Arkansas laws was maybe a little “outdated “. Been reading about this ride. Sounds like a H$LL of a good adventure/fun!!!

Remote

Remote

Jan 30, 2017
Rocky Mountains
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Dang, I thought Kansas and Arkansas laws was maybe a little “outdated “. Been reading about this ride. Sounds like a H$LL of a good adventure/fun!!!

A lot of small town residents in CO absolutely detest UTVs.traffic on their streets. The business don't for the most part because $$$$$$. There is a constant back and forth on rules because of this. As a person who hears about this a whole bunch, if the speed limit is 25, try to go 20 wave and smile a lot. NEVER exceed the speed limit or do any show off stuff. It will be noted and brought up at council meetings.....forever. When the haters see a powersports vehicle doing the speed limit in their minds it's always 10 over. Always respect the laws. Colorado is an uphill battle for UTV rights to begin with.

Certain areas of my home county were plagued by large groups of ATV/UTVs driven by groups of out of staters basically giving the finger to local laws. The sheriff department was compelled to step up enforcement and issue tickets. A chill look the other way for occasional violations situation turned into strict enforcement for all. Because out of staters being disrespectful.

EMAW

EMAW

Mama Tried!
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jun 3, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Yep
A lot of small town residents in CO absolutely detest UTVs.traffic on their streets. The business don't for the most part because $$$$$$. There is a constant back and forth on rules because of this. As a person who hears about this a whole bunch, if the speed limit is 25, try to go 20 wave and smile a lot. NEVER exceed the speed limit or do any show off stuff. It will be noted and brought up at council meetings.....forever. When the haters see a powersports vehicle doing the speed limit in their minds it's always 10 over. Always respect the laws. Colorado is an uphill battle for UTV rights to begin with.

Certain areas of my home county were plagued by large groups of ATV/UTVs driven by groups of out of staters basically giving the finger to local laws. The sheriff department was compelled to step up enforcement and issue tickets. A chill look the other way for occasional violations situation turned into strict enforcement for all. Because out of staters being disrespectful.
Yep, reminds me of more than one similar situation! So many think their above the rules!!! And, end up ruining privileges for others that strive to comply and do the right thing!!! 🇺🇸

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!