Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Yep

Yep, reminds me of more than one similar situation! So many think their above the rules!!! And, end up ruining privileges for others that strive to comply and do the right thing!!! 🇺🇸
Yeah, it’s very important to follow the rules on a trail such as this one as there was a lot of time and effort and cooperation that has gone into its creation. Including private land owners that have helped. Camping for example isn’t allowed trail side where the trail is crossing private sections of land. And of course property owners don’t want to have to pick up our trash along their fences. Apparently, the trail is reasonably marked for that....But a trail opened to UTV’s can be closed to UTV’s......

Reactions: EMAW and ByronM
L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Yip...interested!!
Where do we leave out tow vehicles and trailers in Montrose?

Reactions: EMAW
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Yip...interested!!
Where do we leave out tow vehicles and trailers in Montrose?
Just west of the town of Montrose. Pretty detailed info in the op...👍

L

lowrider

Lifetime Member
Nov 1, 2020
Idaho Panhandle
Ownership

1. 700-2
Did I miss it or do you need a secret hand shake to see the op?
Wife is fine as long as there are porta potties every few miles.

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Did I miss it or do you need a secret hand shake to see the op?
Wife is fine as long as there are porta potties every few miles.
🤣
The op is the first post.

No porta pots along the way. My wife carries this on overland treks....😉

261E87FD 8294 4D13 9639 03FA98F5E168

Reactions: JimmyA and EMAW
advertisement
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Monte, have you found any Leon Jimenez smokes?
Yep, at my favorite smoke shop in Santa Fe. Excellent call Jimmy....👍

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Yep, that’s the best one....

Remote

Remote

Jan 30, 2017
Rocky Mountains
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Kind of bummed...looks like street legal in Utah for me is a complete no go :confused: The properly registered as street legal must be in your home state. Not happening in Commierado. The trip ain't worth hauling a trailer to stay in Moab. 14 pages on this bureaucratic nightmare over on the RZR forums that basically go nowhere.

ATVs and UTVs are allowed to be operated on paved roads, streets, and highways in the Moab area when the vehicles are:

• Properly registered as street-legal.
  • Properly insured for highway use.
  • Properly registered as street-legal and comply with all of the UTAH street-legal equipment requirements shown above.

If these regulations for your OHV registration are not met, you will not be able to get your vehicle registered for use other than in designated recreational areas and on personally owned private property. You will need to transport your OHV’s on trailers to trailheads or private property in order to operate the vehicle.

Reactions: Plumber32 and EMAW
tdhanses

tdhanses

Lifetime Member
Nov 17, 2020
Kansas
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Kind of bummed...looks like street legal in Utah for me is a complete no go :confused: The properly registered as street legal must be in your home state. Not happening in Commierado. The trip ain't worth hauling a trailer to stay in Moab. 14 pages on this bureaucratic nightmare over on the RZR forums that basically go nowhere.

ATVs and UTVs are allowed to be operated on paved roads, streets, and highways in the Moab area when the vehicles are:

• Properly registered as street-legal.
  • Properly insured for highway use.
  • Properly registered as street-legal and comply with all of the UTAH street-legal equipment requirements shown above.

If these regulations for your OHV registration are not met, you will not be able to get your vehicle registered for use other than in designated recreational areas and on personally owned private property. You will need to transport your OHV’s on trailers to trailheads or private property in order to operate the vehicle.
Well maybe a few of us can do the ride but turn back before Moab? I’m just thinking I doubt I have 7 days to put towards this but 3 is easy, but I do believe the last bullet point you can buy from UT, think it’s in the op.

following are requirements for the Utah side. At a cost of about $30.00, all UTV’s are required to purchase a Utah OHV Street legal registration plate and affix it to the vehicle......

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!