P500 The 500/520 not in Honda’s 2023 line up

C2Corvette1

C2Corvette1

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2023
Texas
Ownership

1. 520
Guess I will be on a long wait list. Thought I had located a 2022 about 150 miles away, but after checking they determined it already had a deposit. Apparently Honda won't tell the dealer when they will get another 520 and what color it will be. Not happy but gotta be patient. I picture that they have like 2 guys building these, and they take lots of breaks.

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I've always thought if they discontinued anything it would be the P7? With there production issues I could see them dropping some models, maybe the I4WD Pioneers and concentrate on Talons I4WD system MGF and it wouldn't surprise me if they dropped the I4WD system completely in the future. There wasn't much wrong with the P1 Deluxe transmissions, just speculating, and they added another model the P1-6 to an already stressed MGF and can't keep up with demand now, something as got to go. I hope it's not the P52!
What’s a MGF?

Reactions: crewcabrob
futzin

futzin

Lifetime Member
Sep 10, 2019
Kentucky
Ownership

1. 500

2. 520
In 2019 I bought my '18 500 as a leftover. May not hear that term again for a while!
Bought my '21 520 used from a guy who didn't like it. Right place, right time on that one.

Last edited:
L

Lochsa

Feb 20, 2022
Montana
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 520
Not sure what the courtesy is on links here, but if anyone is looking in the PNW I have one for sale in Western MT.

C2Corvette1

C2Corvette1

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2023
Texas
Ownership

1. 520
Of the several 2022 I located within 500 miles of Austin, only one was marked up over list price. I put a deposit down and will be paying list price per dealer. So not exactly correct in that regard. But, hey worth a try I suppose.

L

Lochsa

Feb 20, 2022
Montana
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 520
Of the several 2022 I located within 500 miles of Austin, only one was marked up over list price. I put a deposit down and will be paying list price per dealer. So not exactly correct in that regard. But, hey worth a try I suppose.

I got that information from a couple dealers up here in Montana and Washington. I'm not trying to mislead anyone, so if they're easier to get than I thought I'll change the ad. The only comparable listing I could find locally was a decked out 500 in good shape for $15k at a dealer.

Edit to add- I updated my Craigslist ad. Thanks for the heads up @C2Corvette1

Last edited:
C2Corvette1

C2Corvette1

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2023
Texas
Ownership

1. 520
I got that information from a couple dealers up here in Montana and Washington. I'm not trying to mislead anyone, so if they're easier to get than I thought I'll change the ad. The only comparable listing I could find locally was a decked out 500 in good shape for $15k at a dealer.

Edit to add- I updated my Craigslist ad. Thanks for the heads up @C2Corvette1
They are not easy to get, that part is certainly correct. Reputable dealers are apparently not marking them up though from what I can tell.

L

Lochsa

Feb 20, 2022
Montana
Ownership

1. Looking to buy

2. 520
They are not easy to get, that part is certainly correct. Reputable dealers are apparently not marking them up though from what I can tell.

I appreciate the info. I hate selling stuff, but just need to get my money back on this.

I'm glad you were able to find one. I love mine, just isn't in the budget right now unfortunately.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
You had me wondering as well. it's usually abbreviated MFG
How bout this one…..
Welcome “FNG” from The Putrid Swamp Run Michigan!

We have violation of Forum code 6969
Need Make Model of what you own, miles, mods and last but not least Rule #4 when u join/first post…
Pics! As in
Pics Or It Didnt Happen

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
LOL! The welcoming committee has arrived!

Never a dull moment around here.
250AE33D D71B 49E7 993F 4FCF6CBADC05
🤣 😂

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I feel Honda needs to revamp for production numbers.

1- Keep the P52 with the addition of turf mode.

That's not going to happen, it's too short of a wheel base for turf mode. One of our former members designed a lockout hub for the rear of the 500 and said it was dangerous. The machine lurched from side to side when accelerating and decelerating. Unless they engineer it to have the power and torque of a lawn tractor when in turf mode it'll be a lawsuit waiting to happen.
The short wheelbase would be fine with "turf mode". The problem is that what Choog developed wasn't "turf mode", but one wheel drive.
People use the term "one wheel drive" to describe turf mode when it's not accurate. It's just switching a locked diff to an open one that biases power between wheels. Just like most of the cars on the road.

Driving one wheel...outside of unicycles and motorcycles, causes handling issues, as he discovered (and if I recall, I warned him about ), not to mention poor traction.

His "workaround" to that was going to be unlocking the hub and then running in 4x4 to minimize the handling and traction issues, which probably provides satisfactory results as far as the yard goes.

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
It didn't.
LoL. Every time on or off the gas would bring into play All of the suspension slop.
I had a Jeep so I know all about susp. Slop induced handling issues.

Reactions: trigger
C2Corvette1

C2Corvette1

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2023
Texas
Ownership

1. 520
The short wheelbase would be fine with "turf mode". The problem is that what Choog developed wasn't "turf mode", but one wheel drive.
People use the term "one wheel drive" to describe turf mode when it's not accurate. It's just switching a locked diff to an open one that biases power between wheels. Just like most of the cars on the road.

Driving one wheel...outside of unicycles and motorcycles, causes handling issues, as he discovered (and if I recall, I warned him about ), not to mention poor traction.

His "workaround" to that was going to be unlocking the hub and then running in 4x4 to minimize the handling and traction issues, which probably provides satisfactory results as far as the yard goes.
Thanks for clarifying that. I was wondering if the "turf mode" in that case was essentially one-wheel drive, so of course it behaved as you described.

C2Corvette1

C2Corvette1

Lifetime Member
Jan 3, 2023
Texas
Ownership

1. 520
FWIW the 2022 P520 I have a deposit on (Moose Brown) is now showing an April 2023 delivery. Actually OK since in the process of moving right now anyway.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!