The dealer Said to not worry

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
jack it up and see if you can mimic the sound using the brakes and you should be able to tell if it's the slide locker or the axle . put it in 2wd and get it spinning and give a little brake . should be able to tell if its diff or cv by standing behind it while trying. the slide sleeve linkage needing adjustment is common but you sayings it doesit in bothand its quueter in turf points to an axle for me.

Sent from my E6910 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jerryg
DeepPurple

DeepPurple

Jul 14, 2021
Howard’s Ridge, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
jack it up and see if you can mimic the sound using the brakes and you should be able to tell if it's the slide locker or the axle . put it in 2wd and get it spinning and give a little brake . should be able to tell if its diff or cv by standing behind it while trying. the slide sleeve linkage needing adjustment is common but you sayings it doesit in bothand its quueter in turf points to an axle for me.

Well that doesn’t sound good, do you know if it’s very expensive?

Reactions: ChadD
Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
Well that doesn’t sound good, do you know if it’s very expensive?
not sure in 1000 axles but all it is its not broke yet just close iv put 300 miles on 1 popping on my 700. still going strong. its kinda like a dry socket us the best way to describe it. i know i can get an eastlake axle for 69 bucks on Amazon for my 700. its about as good maybe a hair better than stock.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Were you in high or low? Low has had issues getting into gear

Reactions: TripleB
DeepPurple

DeepPurple

Jul 14, 2021
Howard’s Ridge, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I’ll do it, thanks

DeepPurple

DeepPurple

Jul 14, 2021
Howard’s Ridge, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
not sure in 1000 axles but all it is its not broke yet just close iv put 300 miles on 1 popping on my 700. still going strong. its kinda like a dry socket us the best way to describe it. i know i can get an eastlake axle for 69 bucks on Amazon for my 700. its about as good maybe a hair better than stock.

This is a 2020 that had 242 miles on it when I bought it, now it’s up to around 300 miles. I watched the videos and decided I’m not a mechanic
Were you in high or low? Low has had issues getting into gear

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
This is a 2020 that had 242 miles on it when I bought it, now it’s up to around 300 miles. I watched the videos and decided I’m not a mechanic
lol. its and easy change for axle. just a few bolts if you have the tools for it. but there was a guy a while bsck that was busting axles left and right on a brand new buggy . ended up veing gravel road riding in turf mode doesnt really mix when the gravel is soft.

Reactions: WagginTail
WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
lol. its and easy change for axle. just a few bolts if you have the tools for it. but there was a guy a while bsck that was busting axles left and right on a brand new buggy . ended up veing gravel road riding in turf mode doesnt really mix when the gravel is soft.

Yea definitely not hard to change. Save a few hundred dollars over taking it to a dealer

P1K5Dave

P1K5Dave

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 11, 2020
Petoskey, MI
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Did you do the rear diff adjustment in the video?

300 miles is not likely an axle problem. The diff adjustment costs nothing and I'll go about 99% it'll be the fix for your problem.

Reactions: Vikes79
DeepPurple

DeepPurple

Jul 14, 2021
Howard’s Ridge, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
It’s not uncommon to have the cables out of adjustment from the factory. I’d make the dealer correct it since it is so new.

it’s not something that is normal on a P1k5.
I live 2 miles to the Arkansas state line and the dealer is in Little Rock, Ar about a 4 hour drive.

Reactions: Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!