Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Of All The Things: 04-27-24

Of many things that could be the first mod there is only one that truly incorporates the full theme of the Kawasaki Teryx. This is the first Teryx purchase.

IMG 1645

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My wife and I drove out for our maiden voyage yesterday. We put 25 miles and approximately 2.5 hours on the machine. Because of the weather we stayed local and rode the gravel roads. Here are my thoughts of the machine and I will share some of my wife's thoughts as well.

From worst to better.

The noise=deafening.
At first start up my wife made the comment "wow that is quieter than the pioneer"
I responded politely "I wouldn't judge it until we are moving."
For me, the noise is almost unbearable. It is crazy how loud the engine/transmission is. I hear complaints from other people and I presume any machine would be loud. The teryx is seriously loud. Above 25mph we are unable to have a conversation. Personally I don't typically mind loud things. I like hearing motors work and rev. This was personally my biggest issue. It drove my wife crazy and we both have ears that hurt after the drive.

The seats ended up with a split review. I found the seats very comfortable. I like the sport "wrap around" feel. There is not alot of room for your legs. I don't feel cramped. But I like to fidget with my legs and move. I oddly really like the floor hump on the pioneer and being able to push up with my left foot while driving with my right foot makes a comfortable ride for me. My wife on the other hand found the seats very uncomfortable. She likes to fidget with her legs like I do. She found no positive in the seats.

I am not exaggerating when I say this: The noise and seats are giving my wife and I buyers remorse. We are considering finding a Wolverine to test drive.

The headlamps=disappointment
Out of the box the headlamps suck. It has 4 LED headlamps. Inner and outter have their own high and low beam. On paper this sounds awesome. All four of them point exactly in the same small rectangle on the ground directly in front of the machine. We rode a bit at night to test the headlamp function. When we returned home I measured the distance from the machine to the edge line where the headlight beam stops. Low is 15ft and high is 17ft. This is measured from the bumper to the edge of the light where it stops. I am hoping this can be adjusted.

The steering wheel is severely crooked while you drive straight. Almost a 10:30 angle. I do plan on a lift at this point so an alignment is in my future anyways. I will correct the wheel after the lift kit.

The machine will be getting mudflap/flares. By design it seems like the wider stance with low door height causes alot of mud to be thrown into the machine. Much more than our fully modified pioneer.

The machine drove great. Shocks were smooth. 4WD function is quick and easy with the electric turn knob. Power steering feels a hair more powerful than the 16 models pioneer. I am staying under half throttle power (per the break-in period) and I did not feel like I lacked for power at all.

If I could eliminate the noise=I would be a super happy camper. The noise is a huge downer for me.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
If I could eliminate the noise=I would be a super happy camper. The noise is a huge downer for me.
Rubber band drive and their noise is a huge Dick In the Dirt!
Thats why I always say, I get about all that I can stand of that with my 4 snowmobiles and your in the wide open, inclosed helmet and noise canceling ear buds.
Rode with a fella last weekend with a Poo Poo General 4 seater almost brand new. We were cruising around 15-20mph and I asked him what RPM he was running at? He said 5k.
I was at 2,500😳🫨

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
I am not exaggerating when I say this: The noise and seats are giving my wife and I buyers remorse. We are considering finding a Wolverine to test drive.

Noise and heat (and speed if you want it) are really the only two downfalls of the Teryx. Other than that, its one hell of a solid machine. It is one of, if not THE most, reliable SxS on the market. The dang thing hasn't changed in 11 years because it didn't need to.

But yes...its LOUD and hot because of the center engine. Not as bad as the OG Commander, but its up there. A lot of guys do the sound dampening heat shield in the cab and the dash and it seems to help a lot.

I love the seats. They don't quite compare to the newer Polaris machines, but they are one of the best stock seats out there...in my opinion. They fit my rear end just right. Nomo.

The Wolverine isn't going to be much quieter. Its still awful loud compared to most other machines. Plus, its waaaaay less comfortable. The seats aren't as nice and the side bolsters will wreck your kidneys. You'll be peeing blood at the end of a long bumpy ride.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I love the seats. They don't quite compare to the newer FIRE TRAP POO POO machines especially with heat, comes on real quick once it catches fire, but otherwise they are one of the best stock seats out there...in my opinion. They fit my rear end just right. Nomo.
Fixed it for ya😜

Last edited: