Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The Eyes In The Back Of Your Head: 06-25-24

I installed a rear view mirror. It is an Amazon special that I got at a good discount. I paid $35 for it. It fit really well. It is the Xprite 13".

IMG 1900

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My Hair Goes Up: 06-30-24

I installed the SuperATV flip-up windshield. I am not going to go into depth on the installation. SuperATV has decent instructions on their website for that. I thought if I had any trouble with the installation I would document it here. I did not have any issues. After 4 years and 2000 miles on the Pioneer with the SuperATV flip-up, I figured I couldn't go wrong with it on the Teryx.

IMG 1864

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Wench It: 06-30-24

I installed the Badlands Apex 5500 Long Drum using the KFI 100935 plate.

I was able to confirm with KFI that the part number I used was an old part number and should be compatible with my 2024 Teryx4 Camo S. The instructions were vague but it seems fairly self explanatory. I got the plate (old new stock) for $45 so I was excited for it. Half the price of new.

The winch mounted easily onto the plate without any modifications. Just line the bolt holes up and use the included hardware.

With a few turns it fits right into the bumper without removing anything. The only issue I saw was one of the electric posts was very close to the bumper. I had to keep the mount bolts on the plate to the bumper loose to remove the nut and install the wiring.

I wired up the shutoff switch and relay on the passenger side fender area. I used bolts from my personal stash to attach it to the plastic flap. I used the wiring that came with the winch and shortened them as needed to make a clean install.

I cut the lid of an old bucket and used some heat to bend the shape into an apparatus that should semi deflect the ground junk from covering the electrical.

IMG 1865 IMG 1866 IMG 1868 IMG 1869 IMG 1870 IMG 1871 IMG 1872 IMG 1885

Last edited:
Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Shift Box: 06-30-24

I installed the Deranged T-Rex shifter knob. It is an easy mod. A philips screwdriver and hard yank removes the old shift knob. You can install the new shifter facing either direction and then use the OE screw to secure the new shift knob. It looks pretty cool.

IMG 1898 IMG 1899
IMG 1874

Last edited:
Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Taking A Breather: 06-30-24

I installed the Brute Performance vent kit. I followed the online instructions. They felt a little vague and the filters seem cheap. If I have an opportunity to do it over again I would seek out higher quality filters and run the lines differently for a better more hidden approach. Otherwise the kit works well and installed easily.

Teryx Fuel and vent kit

I would like to vent a little further here than on the other forum. I was very disappointed in what seems like low quality filters. The one way valve machining is not clean. It has a texture on edges that feel like they could cut you if handled incorrectly. The clear filters are very Chinese quality in nature. I would have been happy to pay more for a better quality. It most likely won't really effect anything. It is just personal preference.

I also followed the online instructions which were just pictures and vague line length measurements. I just cut and followed and then ended up with a wierd exposed set of lines. I would not recommend this kit and I would rather have done it myself differently.

They gave me five filters and show five filters on their website but the instructions do not indicate where the fifth filter goes.

IMG 1873

Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Need A Lift?: 06-30-24

I installed the Brute Performance Teryx4 S lift kit. I followed the online instructions. The install went easy and the fit and finish were very nice. The lift really compliments the machine. It feels like the height it needs to be from factory. I appreciate that it keeps the factory angle of the shocks. I had a bracket lift on another machine for awhile that altered the shock angle and eventually that machine went a totally different route. Maybe in the future new tires and wheels will be added.

IMG 1875

I would like to share some more of my thoughts.

If you know anything about the Teryx there is the "Teryx" and the "Teryx S". Same machine. Just different control arms from the factory. Basically the "S" has arched arms that are slightly wider and slightly forward.

There is only two companies that make a lift for the Teryx S. Brute Performance and SuperATV. SuperATV from my understanding no longer makes the lift kit. So that leaves Brute Performance.

I know people need to make a dollar. It is what allows the world to go around. The S vs Non-S lift is basically the same concept just shaped slightly different in order to fit the different control arms.

The brackets attach at the lower end between the control arm and shock on each corner of the machine.

You can Google search a Teryx lift kit. The bracket parts with all hardware I find on average for $20-$30 shipped to me.

Here is the generic lift kit

IMG 1908 IMG 1909

Here is the Teryx S lift kit.

IMG 1910 IMG 1911

Same concept just slightly different bracket shape. I would not be surprised if the hardware is most likely the exact same.

I understand there is probably a quality difference. There is probably some other forms of differences as well. But the Teryx S kit is $190 after shipping.

I can easily afford $200 versus some other mods that reach into the thousands. Like control arms with lift built in. However, $25 vs $190 is a huge increase.

That is just my two cents I no longer have after spending it elsewhere.....

Last edited:
Reactions: Buggyman
Robobrainiac

Robobrainiac

Lifetime Member
Jul 15, 2020
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This post clearly did not age well.
Lol, I didn't plan on doing much but my wife made the comment "the T-Rex needs to be able to go everywhere the Pioneer goes"

So here we are.

I have done a few more mods I have not had time to post because life is so busy.

We have been preparing for today..... :p

Reactions: Buggyman and Scoop
advertisement