The next project

kandt

kandt

Lifetime Member
Apr 27, 2021
Bluegrass state
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well it’s done. It turned out much better than I anticipated. I may post these in the general forum.

Any suggestions on why pics are upside down? I loaded one I loaded before and it’s turned now too.

Last edited:
kandt

kandt

Lifetime Member
Apr 27, 2021
Bluegrass state
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Finally got them fixed.

1 3 4 2

Last edited:
kandt

kandt

Lifetime Member
Apr 27, 2021
Bluegrass state
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Final results were well worth it. I have about $750 in all we did. Below is the list of things we did to get it to where it is today. It kick started after changing oil/cleaning gas tank. Did need carb work but ran.

I am sure I missed a few things, but this is the most of it.

oil/filter
spark plug (have a couple extras)
rear diff fluid change
air filter
front fork boots, fluid, seals
starter
carb kit
throttle cable
handlebar holder (broke one taking them off)
grips
paint
tires

Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Final results were well worth it. I have about $750 in all we did. Below is the list of things we did to get it to where it is today. It kick started after changing oil/cleaning gas tank. Did need carb work but ran.

I am sure I missed a few things, but this is the most of it.

oil/filter
spark plug (have a couple extras)
rear diff fluid change
air filter
front fork boots, fluid, seals
starter
carb kit
throttle cable
handlebar holder (broke one taking them off)
grips
paint
tires
Nice work. Looks great!

lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
WOW.
Just wow.
That looks so good.
Those old time honda engineers knew a thing or two.
For a vehicle to be around that long and clean up with a little (lot of) elbow grease is a testament to the vehicle under the dirt.
Or maybe I’m just partial to old ATCs.

Thanks for sharing.
She looks great.

Mudder

Mudder

NTC Ambassador of Walls
Lifetime Member
Oct 1, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500
Awesome clean up job! Suggest PB Blaster penetrating oil soak on any future bolt removals, and on any moving contact parts. Cable lube on any other cables (worked great on my motorcycle). There is a Honda Classic Owners group on FB I follow, sure many there would appreciate seeing it and offering any advice / parts if needed.
F7074030 44C1 45F8 8533 C5D4AB3F64EE

kandt

kandt

Lifetime Member
Apr 27, 2021
Bluegrass state
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks guys. I had no expectations it would turn out like it did. I spent little over $100 on battery, oil, filter, air filter, spark plug. The push button start would not work. So a little fresh gas and a few kicks on the kick starter and bang she was running. At that point I wanted to see how well she would revive. A buddy of mine cleaned the plastic and used a restore product for plastics on them. From that point while we had her apart, we tried to tend to anything we felt needed attention. A new starter was added and she fired right up. Sounds like new. Never rolled or on it's side. Owned by an older gentleman that road around on his farm. Worst thing he said happened to it was when we were hauling a deer out in 1987, it slid off the rack and the antler gashed the rear tire.

I would guess it sat in the barn for the last 20-25 years. I am going to visit him and try to find the right side panel. I am hoping he removed it to use the kick starter and its in one of his buildings. Again, thanks for all the comments.

kandt

kandt

Lifetime Member
Apr 27, 2021
Bluegrass state
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’ve been watching this for a couple days. Can’t get my head away from it. Not a big red but….

83 Honda 200 trike
83 Honda 200 trike
Cool find. Be a fun project, or it was for me. Parts are hard to find in many cases. I knew that the one I got had a better than average chance of turning out internally the way it did. Never sunk or rolled. Looks like its in decent shape, maybe worth the roll of the dice.

Reactions: Rayger143
BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!