Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
After getting handsy with a 1000-5.

It does not I repeat not lay flat. There is a bed extender though and it does sit flat. So it's designed to be angled for a reason, have to assume it's for a reason we haven't realized its for yet.

The bed extender for my P700 does lay flat even though the tail gate does not. So, nothing had changed in this department.

If like to know the reason for the short tailgate cables though.

Joe

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The bed extender for my P700 does lay flat even though the tail gate does not. So, nothing had changed in this department.

If like to know the reason for the short tailgate cables though.

Joe
I think it's to help keep you in incase someone rides on the tailgate. Even though your not suppose to obviously.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I think it's to help keep you in incase someone rides on the tailgate. Even though your not suppose to obviously.
Hadn't thought about that, gotta protect the ones too dumb to protect themselves.

Stauvo

Stauvo

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 25, 2015
Minnesota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So there is someone here called Farmer that can fix the tailgate issue? What does he/she do to correct it?

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Not only does it lay flat we have a bed extender for when the back seats are up !

Bed20Extender zps9knvpn66

If it doesn't lay flat it certainly isn't at too much of an angle, so if it is off by 5 degrees or so what makes it such a big deal? I'm asking because I don't know what you can do with it sitting 1/2" lower than in the picture.

Reactions: joeymt33

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!