William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My p7 got sad with all the hate about the downfalls of it, so I told her I would start this thread... Here are some things I like about the p700...

The transmission... Yes I said it! It is so smooth when running through the woods hunting. No jerking or bucking. It shifts at like 13 mph, so I stay in first gear a lot. I wish I had bought the deluxe though so I could leave it in first.

The suspension... Coming from a pioneer 500 I feel like I’m riding in a Cadillac. Plus get a radial at 10 psi and it will really ride good.

Looks.... The thing is sexy...

Seating... Four seats!

PRICE!!!!! 10 grand for a four seater! That’s nuts!

Reliability... Other than occasional cam problems, I don’t hear of many problems.

Ease of service... Come on, a child could service this thing!

Comfort... To me, the seat is like a recliner...

Knowledge... The power train has been around a while, so a local shop close to me is an expert on them, in case it does need work... (Not a dealer)...

I’m sure I will think of more later, but in conclusion, the 700 is a great bike that works flawlessly everywhere except high altitude. Every time I ride, I like it more and more. Feel free to add any positive comments if you have any...

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
IMAG0371

Cost to this point: A $3 seal a couple of hundred miles before. Ultimately, it did around 8900 without failure before I got into a bind and had to give it away sell it.
Hauled my ass a lot of miles.

Always had a "load me down" feel that I don't get with the 500. Rode better that way too.
Ergonomics were spot on. Steered lightly except in diff lock or at a standstill.

I like the torque converter tranny. I have always felt that the 700 had a magical ability to hook up in slop that full gear driven machines don't seem to have. All it needs is a low range or more gearing. I don't want a DCT in it.

And yeah...I still think the 2 seater is the best looking SxS made...

JimmyA

JimmyA

Oct 8, 2017
Northeast texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have had my 700/4 Deluxe for 16mths. and have only 580mi. so far. It has performed any and all chores for which I bought it to do. Some day in the future, I will take it out to the wilderness for a getaway and I am sure she will get me back to point A problem free!

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
Mine has been very dependable and problem free . Even in difflock with the power steering it is easy to turn. The only time I use manual is on really long steep hills so it won't change gears and it has never had an issue climbing. It rides good enough for me and with 27s ground clearance is really good. I have no regrets at all and feel no need for anything bigger. People talk about low range but with the deluxe being able to hold a gear and get on the gas I think it is less of an issue . Plus they are to the best looking Honda except for the Talon they are badass. But I don't need 1000 ccs to have a good time . Plus I know it will make it back unless I do something stupid.

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
Mine has been very dependable and problem free . Even in difflock with the power steering it is easy to turn. The only time I use manual is on really long steep hills so it won't change gears and it has never had an issue climbing. It rides good enough for me and with 27s ground clearance is really good. I have no regrets at all and feel no need for anything bigger. People talk about low range but with the deluxe being able to hold a gear and get on the gas I think it is less of an issue . Plus they are to the best looking Honda except for the Talon they are badass. But I don't need 1000 ccs to have a good time . Plus I know it will make it back unless I do something stupid.
Show us your best pic of that baby. ;)

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
C8B8BFFA FD8D 42EA B741 36C931B545CE
C47A134B 52B2 422D B94F 312FF1676FD2
What’s better looking than a seven hundo? Two seven hund’s. :D I’m running a ‘17 4 seater pretty much stock. My brother’s got an ‘18 deluxe. I added the roof, winch, mirrors and neon dome light. She’s got a shade under 1200 miles and 220 hours. I think the three speed is nice for my style of riding. It’s smooth and stays in first between 13-19 MPH, depending how you throttle. I haven’t found a need for low or a need for more power. Do I want more power? Who doesn’t?;) I appreciate the nice E brake(grips tighter than a gator’s jaws). Diff lock will pull you through just about anything as long as you got ground. The bench seat is comfortable. Factory tires are good. Price point, reliability, versatility, dependability, longevity and simplicity. I beat mine like it owns me money. :D Run her hard and put her away wet and dirty. :p I walk away every time smiling ear to ear. ;)

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
View attachment 144111 View attachment 144112 What’s better looking than a seven hundo? Two seven hund’s. :D I’m running a ‘17 4 seater pretty much stock. My brother’s got an ‘18 deluxe. I added the roof, winch, mirrors and neon dome light. She’s got a shade under 1200 miles and 220 hours. I think the three speed is nice for my style of riding. It’s smooth and stays in first between 13-19 MPH, depending how you throttle. I haven’t found a need for low or a need for more power. Do I want more power? Who doesn’t?;) I appreciate the nice E brake(grips tighter than a gator’s jaws). Diff lock will pull you through just about anything as long as you got ground. The bench seat is comfortable. Factory tires are good. Price point, reliability, versatility, dependability, longevity and simplicity. I beat mine like it owns me money. :D Run her hard and put her away wet and dirty. :p I walk away every time smiling ear to ear. ;)
Good pics and well said , I agree on the power thing as well plenty for me.heres mine parked by a Polaris a couple weeks ago , I had to move it in case the Polaris tried to burn it to the ground.
20190629 110353

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
View attachment 144111 View attachment 144112 What’s better looking than a seven hundo? Two seven hund’s. :D I’m running a ‘17 4 seater pretty much stock. My brother’s got an ‘18 deluxe. I added the roof, winch, mirrors and neon dome light. She’s got a shade under 1200 miles and 220 hours. I think the three speed is nice for my style of riding. It’s smooth and stays in first between 13-19 MPH, depending how you throttle. I haven’t found a need for low or a need for more power. Do I want more power? Who doesn’t?;) I appreciate the nice E brake(grips tighter than a gator’s jaws). Diff lock will pull you through just about anything as long as you got ground. The bench seat is comfortable. Factory tires are good. Price point, reliability, versatility, dependability, longevity and simplicity. I beat mine like it owns me money. :D Run her hard and put her away wet and dirty. :p I walk away every time smiling ear to ear. ;)
I want to add: Like Deep Gap says, “It’d be the perfect rental vehicle”. If I ever won the lotto, I’d buy a fleet of 700’s and open an off-road Park and rent them out. ;)

William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well...I'm intrigued by @Mudwing's post. DG in my screen name actually does stand for Deep Gap...the little town from whence I came. But I don't recall ever posting that here.
He knows more than you think.... LOL

Mudwing

Mudwing

Lifetime Member
Jul 9, 2017
The Mud holes
Ownership

1. 700-4
Well...I'm intrigued by @Mudwing's post. DG in my screen name actually does stand for Deep Gap...the little town from whence I came. But I don't recall ever posting that here.
Must’ve been a late in HFAWHA or something. I was giving you props about the rental machine idea. You’re right, with the minimal controls, ease of use the 700 would make a good rental. :)

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!