Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
Disappointed to hear about performance in the Rockies. I'm planning a trip out west to the Moab and Ouray area. Don't think I'll have a power problem in Moab but I've figured around a 13hp loss up around 10-11k ft in CO. Did you try running without the airbox lid up there?
No, I did not try that. But I got into a couple of dangerous situations with it so had to let it go. If it only had a low range, there would be no issue at all.

Sarbuck

Sarbuck

Sep 29, 2018
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am a couple of months inito my 700-2 and 800 or so miles into my 1st Honda SxS and have nothing but love for it. Sure a higher gear would be nice and more in cab storage, but those dont get a 2nd thought most of the time. Ride is smoother that our Rangers and it sits like a caddy compared to other machines I've been on.

I've added LED head lamps, a 12" front bar light, different exhaust tip, windshield and roof, PBR windshield extenders, American Flag across the back, tailgate emblems, hood decal, mirrors and a ram x phone mount and some insulation under the seat. Also have some rear cube lights but havent added them yet. May end up with a winch and some sound but because I dont trail ride, they arent a must.

I thought it was going to be just for deer season and scouting, but about 750 of the miles have been from evening riding the country roads around the house. Only been to the woods once and it performed flawlessly. Season is almost here, so it will get 8 straight weeks of every day use in the woods and I can only imagine I will love it even more.

View attachment 216013View attachment 216014View attachment 216015View attachment 216016View attachment 216017View attachment 216018
@livefromthetree, where did you get that hood flag decal? I'd like to find something like that for a 1000-5. Thanks!

Reactions: Farmer
livefromthetree

livefromthetree

It was a damn good ride. Seriously good.
Supporting Member
Jun 4, 2020
Mount Vernon Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I was actually curious about the flag decal you have on the hood of your machine. Can you send a link to that flag decal? Thanks.

Oops I missed the "hood" part :D

Here's where the graphics come from. Used them for the tailgate letters too. 2 years in with no issues although I am not patient enough and the hood graphic has a few bubbles under it but it's held up well.

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

Here's where the graphics come from. Used them for the tailgate letters too. 2 years in with no issues although I am not patient enough and the hood graphic has a few bubbles under it but it's held up well.

Walter is a Great guy, he does all my custom one off graphics.

Sarbuck

Sarbuck

Sep 29, 2018
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know he does a great job for the Club members. I have his flag letters on the tailgate. I will contact him about some kind of flag for the hood.

Reactions: livefromthetree
R

Rigit

Nov 10, 2020
Nla
Ownership

1. 700-4
This is a great idea! I love mine. Been to Hot Springs Offroad Park and followed a Jeep group on a badge of honor trail there. It was rated only a 2 but they said since the hard rains it was much tougher and probable 4 in a lot of spots. Really didn't know what I was getting me and my wife into. The guys were nice to spot us and enable me to try things I would have never done. We made it all the way though. It was a bit of a white-knuckle experience though. Added a pic during one of the very few snows we have here in Louisiana.
20210215 092613

livefromthetree

livefromthetree

It was a damn good ride. Seriously good.
Supporting Member
Jun 4, 2020
Mount Vernon Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I was actually curious about the flag decal you have on the hood of your machine. Can you send a link to that flag decal? Thanks.

Walter is a Great guy, he does all my custom one off graphics.

I know he does a great job for the Club members. I have his flag letters on the tailgate. I will contact him about some kind of flag for the hood.

I think I lied in my reply :rolleyes: . I used Creative Graphics for the tailgate letters. Used Honda Pioneer Archives - The Vinyl Creator for the hood graphic.

Sorry about the mixup

Reactions: Buggyman

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!