Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I know, mr traitor!
Lol, I loved my 700. If I didn’t like going to the mountains to ride I would have kept it. It was more than I needed here in Missouri and would do what I needed in Tennessee but I just wanted more power in the mountains. I would never discourage anyone from buying one.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Lol, I loved my 700. If I didn’t like going to the mountains to ride I would have kept it. It was more than I needed here in Missouri and would do what I needed in Tennessee but I just wanted more power in the mountains. I would never discourage anyone from buying one.
LOL...can't say I blame you...

B

Baldeagle

Sep 16, 2017
AB
With a half windshield I notice the heat. And when it’s hot outside, on a hill, stopped you can feel it... Hasnt really bothered me that much though.

Definitely way more heat in the P1k. I still put a fan in my 700 just to keep everything a little cooler under the seat and reduce the temp change for parts when running hard and going straight in to deep water.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ChrisM

ChrisM

Feb 19, 2020
West Central Alabama
Ownership

1. 700-2
Well to keep this thread going I have to say so far I'm impressed with my 2020 P700 2. I see posts of under powered but not sure what they are getting at. Mine is still very new, purchased on 2-3-20 and have 55 miles on it but they are fairly hard 55 miles.

I am in west central Alabama, we have what's called post oak ground. It is unlike mud any where else. It sticks to everything and if it dries on something it's like concrete. You will get taller as you walk across it.😁

My first trip into my hunting lease was on 3 miles of this mud on logging roads. I had my buddy with me and 700 pounds of corn in the bed. Needless to say we sank down in the mud from weight.

My 700 just plowed right on through it. Kept my speed to under 10mph to stay in 1st gear and when I needed power I had plenty when I got on it. I only used 4wd twice going in at a couple of deeper holes in the road and once I bottomed out but hit the gas and she popped right over. Since then I've made 2 more trips in after 12" of rain this month and the tank just plows right in.

I'm looking forward to years of dependable service out of this unit and fun riding my property and hunting lease.

Backwoods

Backwoods

Ambassador of Crocs / Speaker of truth & facts /
Lifetime Member
Mar 2, 2018
Douglasville ga
Ownership

1. 700-2
700 is a great machine . My first was a 500 I miss it it was a climbing machine but wanted more room and difflock and P/S I have no regrets and am truly happy with my 700 . I have no desire to get something else at this time.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Well to keep this thread going I have to say so far I'm impressed with my 2020 P700 2. I see posts of under powered but not sure what they are getting at. Mine is still very new, purchased on 2-3-20 and have 55 miles on it but they are fairly hard 55 miles.

I am in west central Alabama, we have what's called post oak ground. It is unlike mud any where else. It sticks to everything and if it dries on something it's like concrete. You will get taller as you walk across it.😁

My first trip into my hunting lease was on 3 miles of this mud on logging roads. I had my buddy with me and 700 pounds of corn in the bed. Needless to say we sank down in the mud from weight.

My 700 just plowed right on through it. Kept my speed to under 10mph to stay in 1st gear and when I needed power I had plenty when I got on it. I only used 4wd twice going in at a couple of deeper holes in the road and once I bottomed out but hit the gas and she popped right over. Since then I've made 2 more trips in after 12" of rain this month and the tank just plows right in.

I'm looking forward to years of dependable service out of this unit and fun riding my property and hunting lease.
My 700 had tons of power but it would lose power at high elevation. If I didn’t like trail riding through the rocks and hills I’d still have it for sure. Definitely a reliable machine.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
700 is a great machine . My first was a 500 I miss it it was a climbing machine but wanted more room and difflock and P/S I have no regrets and am truly happy with my 700 . I have no desire to get something else at this time.
I hear you on that, I miss my 500 and 700.

03mossy

03mossy

Jun 20, 2018
MN
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Other Brand
I gotta bump this just to add some praise to the 700. I looked at every SXS out there and I think I reached the end of the google reading about each model for the past few years. A little voice in the back of head the whole time keep saying just go with the 700-4. Finally listened to that voice just over a month ago. 100% happy with our choice. The family and I just love it. Kids an I go for rides everyday and it makes chores so much more fun. If I could only change one thing I would like turf mode. Looking forward to many years of fun with our 700-4.

Alan_Vander

Alan_Vander

Mar 19, 2019
rosepine,la
Ownership

1. 700-4
Gotta say i rode with my buddy a few weeks ago in his 2013 ranger crew after we just put new a arm bushing all around and new ball joints. Its on 4 inches of lift and 4 inch portals on 32s exactly the same tires size except its 5 ft longer than my 700-4. That thing rides like a tank compared to my 6 yr old 700 honda stock shocks.

Sent from my moto z4 using Tapatalk

JimmyA

JimmyA

Oct 8, 2017
Northeast texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
I gotta bump this just to add some praise to the 700. I looked at every SXS out there and I think I reached the end of the google reading about each model for the past few years. A little voice in the back of head the whole time keep saying just go with the 700-4. Finally listened to that voice just over a month ago. 100% happy with our choice. The family and I just love it. Kids an I go for rides everyday and it makes chores so much more fun. If I could only change one thing I would like turf mode. Looking forward to many years of fun with our 700-4.
Congrats

livefromthetree

livefromthetree

It was a damn good ride. Seriously good.
Supporting Member
Jun 4, 2020
Mount Vernon Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I am a couple of months inito my 700-2 and 800 or so miles into my 1st Honda SxS and have nothing but love for it. Sure a higher gear would be nice and more in cab storage, but those dont get a 2nd thought most of the time. Ride is smoother that our Rangers and it sits like a caddy compared to other machines I've been on.

I've added LED head lamps, a 12" front bar light, different exhaust tip, windshield and roof, PBR windshield extenders, American Flag across the back, tailgate emblems, hood decal, mirrors and a ram x phone mount and some insulation under the seat. Also have some rear cube lights but havent added them yet. May end up with a winch and some sound but because I dont trail ride, they arent a must.

I thought it was going to be just for deer season and scouting, but about 750 of the miles have been from evening riding the country roads around the house. Only been to the woods once and it performed flawlessly. Season is almost here, so it will get 8 straight weeks of every day use in the woods and I can only imagine I will love it even more.

20200703 202900 1
20200719 122451 1
20200719 122503
20200719 194637
20200719 122451
20200621 095102

FlipKing

FlipKing

May 17, 2020
Georgia
Ownership

1. 700-4
8 weeks? Lol for us in GA its 4 months! 5 if you bow hunt! I've been using mine a ton for putting feed out, moving stands, etc. Only time I've missed my 420 is going into the young pines and needing to bob and weave.

livefromthetree

livefromthetree

Supporting Member
Jun 4, 2020
Mount Vernon Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
8 weeks? Lol for us in GA its 4 months! 5 if you bow hunt! I've been using mine a ton for putting feed out, moving stands, etc. Only time I've missed my 420 is going into the young pines and needing to bob and weave.

Sorry for the confusion Flip :D...I mean our annual 8 straight week run. We will hit the road around Oct 15 and not return home until around Dec 15 hunting or driving every day of it. Most of the states I hunt in open Oct 1 and run until mid Jan, but I gotta work some of that!!!

I lived in GA for 41 years before moving to the midwest for the deer hunting.

btw, this is JT from Woodys/GON Forums lol

• Haha
Reactions: FlipKing
FlipKing

FlipKing

May 17, 2020
Georgia
Ownership

1. 700-4
I wish I had that time to dedicate. 3 boys and a wife say otherwise! Lol. I'm always jealous of y'alls run.

Reactions: livefromthetree
livefromthetree

livefromthetree

Supporting Member
Jun 4, 2020
Mount Vernon Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
I wish I had that time to dedicate. 3 boys and a wife say otherwise! Lol. I'm always jealous of y'alls run.

I've lost many a woman over the last 15 years of this run. Although the one I have now hasnt uttered a bad word about my hunting fetish and she's stuck around for about 4 years so we are probably good :p

Todd627

Todd627

HondaSxS Club Stress Management Director
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 4, 2018
MI
I've lost many a woman over the last 15 years of this run. Although the one I have now hasnt uttered a bad word about my hunting fetish and she's stuck around for about 4 years so we are probably good :p
You my friend are living the ultimate dream. Well done!!!

Reactions: livefromthetree
livefromthetree

livefromthetree

Supporting Member
Jun 4, 2020
Mount Vernon Indiana
Ownership

1. 700-2
You my friend are living the ultimate dream. Well done!!!

We have a good time with it and it works out as a good tax write off too. Hopefully we have a few more years in us before age gets the best of us

Reactions: FlipKing
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4
My p7 got sad with all the hate about the downfalls of it, so I told her I would start this thread... Here are some things I like about the p700...

The transmission... Yes I said it! It is so smooth when running through the woods hunting. No jerking or bucking. It shifts at like 13 mph, so I stay in first gear a lot. I wish I had bought the deluxe though so I could leave it in first.

The suspension... Coming from a pioneer 500 I feel like I’m riding in a Cadillac. Plus get a radial at 10 psi and it will really ride good.

Looks.... The thing is sexy...

Seating... Four seats!

PRICE!!!!! 10 grand for a four seater! That’s nuts!

Reliability... Other than occasional cam problems, I don’t hear of many problems.

Ease of service... Come on, a child could service this thing!

Comfort... To me, the seat is like a recliner...

Knowledge... The power train has been around a while, so a local shop close to me is an expert on them, in case it does need work... (Not a dealer)...

I’m sure I will think of more later, but in conclusion, the 700 is a great bike that works flawlessly everywhere except high altitude. Every time I ride, I like it more and more. Feel free to add any positive comments if you have any...
Everything you said about the 700 I agree with. I had to sell mine because it could not climb the steepes in the Rockies at elevations of 8-10K. Had it had low range, I’m satisfied it would have done well. I really liked it.....

My Talon does great up here but they trash talk it down in the muddy/sandy areas of southern Arkansas and Louisiana....🤷‍♂️

Guess nothing is perfect for every situation....

W

wataboy

Dec 22, 2016
SoGA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Everything you said about the 700 I agree with. I had to sell mine because it could not climb the steepes in the Rockies at elevations of 8-10K. Had it had low range, I’m satisfied it would have done well. I really liked it.....

My Talon does great up here but they trash talk it down in the muddy/sandy areas of southern Arkansas and Louisiana....🤷‍♂️

Guess nothing is perfect for every situation....

Disappointed to hear about performance in the Rockies. I'm planning a trip out west to the Moab and Ouray area. Don't think I'll have a power problem in Moab but I've figured around a 13hp loss up around 10-11k ft in CO. Did you try running without the airbox lid up there?

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!