P700 The P700 Positive Thread

Gorms

Gorms

Mar 23, 2019
Mass
Ownership

1. 700-4
We have just started riding our sxs this season, but overall no complaints about the 700. I grew up riding 2 wheels in the dirt, taught my wife and kids to as well. Unfortunately wifey lost most vision in one eye, so up to 4 wheels we went.

The whole side-by-side scene is new to us, but so far our 700 is just what we were looking for, for work and play.

Not to mention it's the only 4 seat rig that fits in the bed of my truck (kinda) that was under 12k with a warranty.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Don’t still have ours but I gotta jump in here and give her credit. We truly loved our 700 and I wish we would’ve been able to keep it too.
Not once did it give us any trouble or cost anything other the gas and occasional oil change. We were really deep multiple times without service or worries. True old school Honda dependability.
I really did like the simplicty and upkeep, such a nice easy vehicle to own. Automotive style trans was awesome too, you could let just anyone take off without instructions or worry. Everyone always had fun.
We had problems prior so it was nice just to go and bring the family with in such a small platform. We were family so a two seater was unacceptable and this just fit. It blazed a few trails we still use today.
684C20A9 B530 49EE 969C EB3DB8EBBD34
0FAAC827 A50E 4735 AE95 2218E5114E4B
564D6497 C08E 472D 980F 8E5F20781445
906DDA68 A680 4EAB 9ED2 51C7545C4FBE

Funniest story was being camped with an all Polaris group getting no respect. Took off one night for a night ride with all the Polaris group staying behind because it was too late. We took it and our Polaris. Sometime through the night we would up in a creek with Polaris dead and flat tires. We rode into camp grabbed our trailer and went and loaded it up. Continued our ride partying with tunes and all lit up. 4 people on trailer dancing around when we pulled into camp and accidentally woke the others to the site of Honda pulling in the Polaris. I think it got some respect however we didn’t lol.

J

JodyRounseville

Aug 3, 2018
Custer SD
Ownership

1. 700-2
I bought mine mainly to plow snow, since I have a 100 foot driveway and sometimes we get a lot of snow in the Black Hills...In the summer, we ride around the Black Hills...It's a reliable workhorse for sure and I am fortunate that I reviewed all the others before I made the right choice for my needs...It fulfills my needs and then some!

pioneer_titan

pioneer_titan

Mar 13, 2018
Sheridan, Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-4
I love mine and the reliability that comes with it. Sure, there's fancier rigs out there, but i don't need a 30k machine to enjoy the ride. I got the p7-4 because I wanted the family to enjoy it as well. We've drove ours to hell and back and after an hour with the pressure washer, she looks good as new.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I like this thread, the 700 is a great machine and probably gives you the best bang for your $$$. I’d like to have a 1000 for the speed but my 700 has done everything I’ve asked of her so far!

arkansawyer

arkansawyer

Mar 13, 2017
Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
I bought a p700 2 in 2017 because i lived sort of in town and i wanted to get out in the woods like i used to do. Me and the wife hit the local 4x4 trail park which is really rough and lots of rangers there running everywhere but we had a good time and was impressed with what the utility 700 would do. We also took it to the woods where im from (central Arkansas) and rode down there a little bit. Fast forward to Jan. 2019, we bought a chicken farm and now i use it everyday and all day. It still has less than 1000 mi. on it and just changed oil on it for the second time. It has finally broken in, the ride is smooth and the trans shifts smooth and is indispensable for my daily needs. In short i love this thing its a true honda and exactly why i bought a honda. I have a feeling it will last for years and years, it goes anywhere i want to go, hauls everything i want it to haul, shifts from fwd to rev effortlessly unlike two rangers that friends have that cant even move the shift lever, ( friend of mine has to back his ranger into the shed just so he can drive it out in the morning cause he cant put it in reverse), and is a breeze to service. The cab is plenty big even though im 320lbs. All in all why would anybody want more? Im from the days when a 300cc honda four wheeler was all you could get so this 700 sxs is the s***!A53c82b7693ca1a999ec216c9a4e428b16f3d8bffd3e2272745dc53585ed16fb

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

L2R

L2R

Understanding women Vol. 1
Lifetime Member
Feb 16, 2019
East of the Appalachians
Ownership

1. 700-4
So the 700 doesn't give me bragging rights but it is more than adequate for our needs and wants.

And that allows me to own other things and have other hobbies that interest me as well.

Would I like a Talon, Hell yeah. Would I give up my motorcycle or Jeep for it, Hell no.

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So the 700 doesn't give me bragging rights but it is more than adequate for our needs and wants.

And that allows me to own other things and have other hobbies that interest me as well.

Would I like a Talon, Hell yeah. Would I give up my motorcycle or Jeep for it, Hell no.
X2

B

Baldeagle

Sep 16, 2017
AB

Love my p700-4. Got about 6000 k on it now and used it in some tough terrain and condition. Always makes it. Did drown it in a river once. Took awhile to get all the water out and started again but no negative effects. Single cylinders are way more forgiving when you drown them than twins. A lower gear or a low range would be perfect. Got roof, windshield, wipers, heater and snorkel. Added roof ventilation for dust and a fan in engine compartment to reduce seat heat. And a must have a full 1/2 uhmw skid plate. I’m in a lot of soft ground so I have gone to same tires on front as rear, both 11 wide and just up one size to 26’s. Steering is still the same and haven’t gone to power steering. Been considering portals for the gear reduction, because I very rarely ever run much at full speed anyway. And if I am and it takes a little longer, what’s the rush. Sit back and enjoy the scenery.

Can’t say enough good about the p700

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

NoRest

NoRest

Jul 23, 2019
The Beef State
Ownership

1. 700-4

2. Talon R
Love my p700-4. Got about 6000 k on it now and used it in some tough terrain and condition. Always makes it. Did drown it in a river once. Took awhile to get all the water out and started again but no negative effects. Single cylinders are way more forgiving when you drown them than twins. A lower gear or a low range would be perfect. Got roof, windshield, wipers, heater and snorkel. Added roof ventilation for dust and a fan in engine compartment to reduce seat heat. And a must have a full 1/2 uhmw skid plate. I’m in a lot of soft ground so I have gone to same tires on front as rear, both 11 wide and just up one size to 26’s. Steering is still the same and haven’t gone to power steering. Been considering portals for the gear reduction, because I very rarely ever run much at full speed anyway. And if I am and it takes a little longer, what’s the rush. Sit back and enjoy the scenery.

Can’t say enough good about the p700

What did you use for a fan in the engine compartment. I'd like to install one in mine. Gets way too hot in there sometimes.

Reactions: Rupert and Russ989
C

cattaco

Oct 15, 2014
Just bought a 700 for our farm use. I hope it's as reliable as our p500 wich has about 12,000 miles. We put a lot of miles on them and I really like the p700 so far. We have many Honda Ranchers with over 30,000 miles. Plus I got it for $8k new.

B

Baldeagle

Sep 16, 2017
AB
What did you use for a fan in the engine compartment. I'd like to install one in mine. Gets way too hot in there sometimes.

I used a hydraulic cooler fan similar to the one that’s on the radiator except it’s a sealed unit. Hand it in for 4 years now. Works great. If I go into deep water with on it just blows the fuse.
I mounted it on the drivers side under the seat. It point about 45 degrees towards the engine and just blows air back. Cools engine compartment quickly.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I used a hydraulic cooler fan similar to the one that’s on the radiator except it’s a sealed unit. Hand it in for 4 years now. Works great. If I go into deep water with on it just blows the fuse.
I mounted it on the drivers side under the seat. It point about 45 degrees towards the engine and just blows air back. Cools engine compartment quickly.

Kinda surprised some guys are throwing fans on the 700. I honestly didn’t think it was too bad. Don’t remember anyone complaining about it, that’s one of the many things I liked about it. I noticed the heat much more in the 1000.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Kinda surprised some guys are throwing fans on the 700. I honestly didn’t think it was too bad. Don’t remember anyone complaining about it, that’s one of the many things I liked about it. I noticed the heat much more in the 1000.
I'm thinking the same thing, and it's the 2015 and up closed loop machines that are running much hotter.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!