P700 Thinking of adding a 700-4 to my zoo

Gromit

Gromit

Oct 19, 2015
I have always loved Hondas, and I need a 4-person SxS for Eastern trails like HMT, Brimstone, Windrock. I love the size of the 700-4 over any Polaris and Can-Am and the toughness. My only concern is the seating position. It seems so high compared to the pure sport models. Is there any issue with the center of gravity compared to the others? I see the same with the Teryx4. Or is it just perception?

Reactions: bobbyhill
bobbyhill

bobbyhill

Pay to Play and I'm broke all around!
Junior Moderator
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Apr 8, 2015
Smithfield, VA
Ownership

1. 700-4
Welcome to the Club @Gromit!! I have a 700-4 with 2" lift and 28" tires and I ride all over some steep hills here in AK! Knock on wood, but I have not had a problem yet. at times driving it thru some harry spots or doing what you clearly know your shouldn't be it feels like you are going to tip but hasn't yet. here is why I think that is. because Honda keep this 4 seater in a short wheel base, the Pioneer has a tenancy to pick up one wheel going thru uneven obstacles (which gives you the on easy feeling) but seems to balance well and after time you learn to trust and crawl thru it! Now that is not to say that the thing can't roll, It depends on your riding style and/or how much beer you have drank! I do have a friend that rolled his 1st weekend out but you can guess what happened there!

Reactions: Gromit
swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Compared to other 4 seaters NO.......Compared to sport models yes it is a little more higher and less stable....But she has a chunky azz and keeps her feet planted.Some folk say to remove sway bar and its a better ride....Im not a big fan of removing sway bar.Alot depends on your driving experience..

Plumber32

Plumber32

Go ride!
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jun 15, 2014
Wisconsin
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The seat height does give a tippy feeling compared to a wildcat. But the pioneer is very stable. I removed my sway bar and it does ride better but she leans alot. The plus side of the seat is you stay nice and dry. Where the razrs ect you get a wet but.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Because of its height it looks a lot more top heavy than it is, the majority of the mass is low around seat level or below (the engine and heavier components are down there, a point mathematically calculated between your butt, back, seatbelt points and your hands on the steering wheel are where your mass is centered around, but you are a more dynamic mass than anything on the machine) . The cage has weight to it but while its probably around 50% of the height its not 50% of the mass of the vehicle. I'd GUESS maybe 5-10%.

All that to say the center of mass is low relative to what it appears to be because of the overall height of the vehicle.

To bad we don't have a 3-D CAD model that shows where the center of mass is on a factory 700 :(

Also a XP1000 Highlighter edition is near as makes no difference the same overall height as a 4" lifted 700-4 with 28's so I would assume an XP 1000 is around the same height as a 700-4.

09ceed246d7f28108ccc3f857a38dedf

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I say it's tippy but not so much in slow speeds. We have rolled this seriously twice. Both times totaled. With that being said we ride hard very hard actually we go with multiple sport sxs's and usually they will not follow. Our family comes from a lifetime around dirt bikes mainly and quads ect. We added full roof speaker bars multiple large light bars on the roof which never helps. What we learned after the first roll is the shocks are weak and bottom quickly and holy crap when they bottom it's over you go because the body rocks so quickly and not enough power to power out of it. I'm not saying it was all its fault but really bad shocks. Lift kit actually helps a bit as does offset wheels but our #1 upgrade hands down (and it was loaded more then any I've seen) was Fox shocks! Holy crap what a difference! Add 10mph to anywhere you go with more control and confidence. HUGE DIFFERENCE! Fox has progressive dampening there is no sudden crap that happens to upset the rig. Night and day!not saying some has to go with those but it sometimes confused how much people will put into these without getting rid of the #1 problem. If ever asked about the 700... I damn love it! Just needed shocks! As long as you don't over do their limits its fine. Keep the speed down and everything goes well! And drink less then following pic! Goes anywhere with one tire in the air :)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    187.4 KB · Views: 134
Last edited:
Reactions: swsebek

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!