P500 Throttle Maxx, smooth ride

AlR

AlR

Nov 14, 2016
Nanaimo, British Columbia
Ownership

1. 500
OK boys. Based on this thread and abit of YouTubing, I just ordered a Throttle-Maxx for my 2017 P5. I'm 6'1" and I don't have the perfect ankle angle when working the gas pedal. For my Canadian bretheren, order direct from Throttle-Maxx and shipping was a flat $10. I'm betting this hinged chunk of metal will give me a better foot position on the pedal. My only concern is that the Throttle-Maxx could get hung up on the DIY floor mat I put in. We'll see how it works!

PS: I like my DIY floor mat. I had a spare piece of Costco garage PVC floor mat, cut it roughly to shape, then used a heat gun to form it to the contours of the P5 cab floor. It actually looks pretty good. It was free and I like that even better.

Duckiller

Duckiller

Oct 17, 2016
Eagle, ID
Ownership

1. 500
OK boys. Based on this thread and abit of YouTubing, I just ordered a Throttle-Maxx for my 2017 P5. I'm 6'1" and I don't have the perfect ankle angle when working the gas pedal. For my Canadian bretheren, order direct from Throttle-Maxx and shipping was a flat $10. I'm betting this hinged chunk of metal will give me a better foot position on the pedal. My only concern is that the Throttle-Maxx could get hung up on the DIY floor mat I put in. We'll see how it works!

PS: I like my DIY floor mat. I had a spare piece of Costco garage PVC floor mat, cut it roughly to shape, then used a heat gun to form it to the contours of the P5 cab floor. It actually looks pretty good. It was free and I like that even better.
Floor mat should not be a problem. Only thing to watch for is trapping the Throttle Maxx with your heal. Keep your foot only on the Throttle Maxx and not on the pedal and you will love it. Floor mats for the P5 never made sense to me as the floor is plastic anyway. If you like it then rock on!

Manwell

Manwell

Lifetime Member
Jul 12, 2016
Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The way I've used mine is if I need real careful control I would just step on the angled part of the throttle max, if not I can step directly on the accelorator peddle. Best of both world, but to each his own...

Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon X4

I love the homemade floor mat. If it does end up posing a problem for the ThrottleMax, you could always install a small strip of stainless sheet or other that the TM would slide on without friction.