P1000 Tilt bed removal

J

John_S

Lifetime Member
Dec 27, 2019
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Has anyone disconnected the strut attached to the rear bed and can offer advice on safely doing so then reattaching?
Also, has any installed a linear actuator in place of the strut to raise and lower the bed?
Thanks

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've seen threads on here somewhere about this. Search for it

Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Has anyone disconnected the strut attached to the rear bed and can offer advice on safely doing so then reattaching?
Also, has any installed a linear actuator in place of the strut to raise and lower the bed?
Thanks

Y

Yakman

Mar 7, 2021
WA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks
It's easy to disconnect and remove. Just make sure to either prop up the bed from underneath or overhead. I used my garage hoist to hold it up.
Thanks
It's easy to disconnect and remove. Just make sure to either prop up the bed from underneath or overhead. I used my garage hoist to hold it up. There is a thread on here where a guy with a P1000-3 used an actuator to create a power dump bed. I tried several different actuators on my P1000-5 and couldn't get any to work. See post number 26 on the link below for my solution.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!