Multi Tilt Ratings on all new models?

J

JTW

I believe they add 450 lbs for the test.
For riders.. I’m talking about an additional 1000lbs of weight in the bed.

The fact that the 500 and the 1000 are within 3* of one another goes to show how full of s*** these numbers are! I’ve had and ridden both. There’s no comparison in off camber stability!

Reactions: DG Rider
DG Rider

DG Rider

Member: Triple Clutch Club
Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I believe that with the width
I thought it might be worse...

But think about this for A minute...they are saying the X4 is less stable than a 500? Who would have predicted that?

We all know there are various types of "rolls" and most of them don't involve rolling straight sideways off a hill, so these have to be taken with a grain of salt. Still, some suprises here...

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
For riders.. I’m talking about an additional 1000lbs of weight in the bed.

The fact that the 500 and the 1000 are within 3* of one another goes to show how full of s*** these numbers are! I’ve had and ridden both. There’s no comparison in off camber stability!
Easy greasy...I'm just the messenger.

DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
Having trouble uploading pics...

The highest I saw today was a 2 door General at 38.8.

20180516 130220

Reactions: Ragnar406
Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
U am trying to remember where @drfubar tilted over when he was doing the measuring via the Garmin camera. I remember he tried with a tractor to see where the tipping point was.

Does any one know if it affects where the tilt gage is located ? meaning the floor vs headrest - I assume an angle is an angle but who knows..

Also strange that a 1000-3 and a 1000-5 would be at same angle or maybe the angle of measure is for a specific unit model and encompasses all the models - like a blanket so they test the heaviest P1000-5 and that covers the lightest P1000-3?

Reactions: swsebek and lee
ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I thought it might be worse...

But think about this for A minute...they are saying the X4 is less stable than a 500? Who would have predicted that?

We all know there are various types of "rolls" and most of them don't involve rolling straight sideways off a hill, so these have to be taken with a grain of salt. Still, some suprises here...

I think the only way they can measure it consistently is a tilt table. It tilts it perfectly sideways. Without putting any force on the machine other than gravity.

No a perfect analog for off-road but it’s easily repeatable for all machines.

I had mine tilted with a winch rope at almost 40 but there was no weight in the seat and I had skid,winch, and second battery installed those are heavy weight(120-140lbs combined) low on the machine instead of 430lbs in the seat.

Reactions: DG Rider and lee
DG Rider

DG Rider

Lifetime Member
Aug 14, 2013
Casa Grande, AZ
Ownership

1. 700-2
I think the only way they can measure it consistently is a tilt table. It tilts it perfectly sideways. Without putting any force on the machine other than gravity.

No a perfect analog for off-road but it’s easily repeatable for all machines.

I had mine tilted with a winch rope at almost 40 but there was no weight in the seat and I had skid,winch, and second battery installed those are heavy weight(120-140lbs combined) low on the machine instead of 430lbs in the seat.
Yes. I agree. I think this is the best they can do with a generic test.

J

JTW

Easy greasy...I'm just the messenger.
Oh, I know.. it’s just is misleading! Joe Blow walks in to buy a sxs and thinks he’ll get the same trail stability results from a 500 as a 1000 or X brand compared to B brand. I’m guessing these numbers have more to do with liability than usability.

Reactions: popeye

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!