Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I think that decimal point needs to move to the right 1 place.
Dumb question, did this come from the government? That would explain the results, print it out on toilet paper and use it! HA!

Reactions: JTW
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I saw my guage hit 35 several times at RRB and I didn't feel like I was going over. I don't think 36 would but I'm not sure if I'd make it past 40....

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Reactions: DG Rider
J

JTW

I saw my guage hit 35 several times at RRB and I didn't feel like I was going over. I don't think 36 would but I'm not sure if I'd make it past 40....

I really think it can be pushed to 45 as max given what you’re hauling.

Reactions: DG Rider
advertisement
ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
This is a neat comparison number but it's only going to reflect static performance of the vehicle with 2 occupants. Since most of us have added weight at or below the vehicle vertical CG (bumpers, heavier tires and wheels, skid plate,etc), we should be able to do slightly better than these numbers. Another important factor is rarely will you traverse a side hill perpendicular to the slope so you're pronprob going to be climbing up and across or down and across the slope, both of which will allow a steeper incline to be traversed without rolling

Reactions: JTW and Smitty335
lee

lee

Village Idiot
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 4, 2013
Springfield Ohio
Ownership

1. 500
Adding the factory roof will un-do any imagined benifit of all the stuff listed. (There is a warning label or somthing that we all ignore about this)
The CG just gets worse.

However, what you add to a Pioneer is what you probably would have added to any thing else listed.
So as a starting point you can understand the relative capability - my p500 will tip before @ohanacreek but he will stop for a snack while I flip mine back over.
See, it works. It's all good.

Ragnar406

Ragnar406

The Great Bald One
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2016
Bella Vista, AR
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Adding the factory roof will un-do any imagined benifit of all the stuff listed. (There is a warning label or somthing that we all ignore about this)
The CG just gets worse.

However, what you add to a Pioneer is what you probably would have added to any thing else listed.
So as a starting point you can understand the relative capability - my p500 will tip before @ohanacreek but he will stop for a snack while I flip mine back over.
I was suprised the difference I could tell when I removed my factory roof and put on the spidershade.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The CG just gets worse.

Now that you mention it, it’s time for a snack now.

I think the way it’s done is one of the rare times(maybe the only time) a government agency got something right. They probably had a lot of help and hand holding by the private sector.

I can’t believe I’m about to say this concerning something the govt is involved in. It actually makes sense and is usable information.

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Except for the fact that everything is rated almost the same.
So its more red tape that proves nothing .
I wonder how much money was spent for this little project.

advertisement

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!