Timing Chain Tensioner Tool

SLOWPOKE693

SLOWPOKE693

Supporting Member
Mar 10, 2020
Somewhere in Texas
Ownership

1. Talon R
Anything I can use to retract the tensioner to install it other than the proper tool that I don't have ans didn't know I needed until 10min ago?

I'm currently at Summit Racing picking up a valve shim kit to finish up the motor and they don't sell the tool here. Am I SOL until I get one?

@HondaTech

Reactions: Blownzuki
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Anything I can use to retract the tensioner to install it other than the proper tool that I don't have ans didn't know I needed until 10min ago?

I'm currently at Summit Racing picking up a valve shim kit to finish up the motor and they don't sell the tool here. Am I SOL until I get one?

@HondaTech
A small screw driver works fine.
The tool is designed to hold it once retracted but I have never needed it.

Last edited:
H

HondaTech

@HondaTech

Sorry I'm at a race and didn't see the tag.

Any small screwdriver is fine

The tool just makes its easier, since it holds the tensioner open until you need it released.

K&l has a cheaper one if you dont want to spend the fortune for the Honda tool

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5

@HondaTech
Just BUILD one.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!