Air filter spring clip tool

F

Fyathyrio

Sep 24, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Cheap, simple. available all over EtsBayZon. Might break, so what, just grab another one. Loop over the buried clips and pull with pliers to save a few skinned knuckles.

Reactions: Smitty335
F

Fyathyrio

Sep 24, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
Yes, I have, then I found a better way. I'm sorry you are not able to understand the concept.

Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Liberal kryptonite. truth and logic….
Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon X4
Yes, I have, then I found a better way. I'm sorry you are not able to understand the concept.
Big flat screwdriver or prybar and twist it. (From the top)

done.

No fingers reaching into the engine compartment, no fiddly cables to thread together, no little cables falling off after popping the latch

what is everyone missing that you are seeing?

Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon X4
Get some sort of pre filter, check the filter with a scope camera and STOP disturbing those fail prone airbox seals. I haven't removed my airbox lid in almost 4,000 miles.
I keep draining the oil from my airbox 😂😂

• Wow
PaulF

PaulF

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Lifetime Member
Jul 1, 2019
Utah
Ownership

1. Talon R
I keep draining the oil from my airbox 😂😂
Well that is a whole other story that I am very sad you are having to deal with.

A few years ago, that same company cost some RZR owners a new engine (another "engineering problem" I believe) and blamed it on the owners and never paid out one penny as far as I remember. When I saw their name, I cringed and I though everyone knew their bad reputation but apparently not (or everyone forgot).

They owe you (and a few others) a new engine but unfortunately none of you will ever see a dime from them. They suck!!!

Sheetmetalfab

Sheetmetalfab

Lifetime Member
Jul 21, 2019
Alaska
Ownership

1. Do not currently own

2. Talon X4
Well that is a whole other story that I am very sad you are having to deal with.

A few years ago, that same company cost some RZR owners a new engine (another "engineering problem" I believe) and blamed it on the owners and never paid out one penny as far as I remember. When I saw their name, I cringed and I though everyone knew their bad reputation but apparently not (or everyone forgot).

They owe you (and a few others) a new engine but unfortunately none of you will ever see a dime from them. They suck!!!
Yeah my first sxs so I don’t know any history.

i know of many deadbeat snowmobile parts manufacturers though.

expensive lesson learned.

will share far and wide.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!