swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
Back when sleds were coooool.... I only recognize the whip.These are before my time. When I was a kid we used to get a lot of snow and concussions from my step dad smashing us into the sheds on a tube tied to a 440 Rupp . I still have an 84 SRX 440 and and a 1979 electric start Enticer.......Man the fun......
Ohhhhhh and thanks for the song that's stuck in my head now....:D.....

D

Deleted member 3748

Back when sleds were coooool.... I only recognize the whip.These are before my time. When I was a kid we used to get a lot of snow and concussions from my step dad smashing us into the sheds on a tube tied to a 440 Rupp . I still have an 84 SRX 440 and and a 1979 electric start Enticer.......Man the fun......
Ohhhhhh and thanks for the song that's stuck in my head now....:D.....
I was about to ask which song, but I bet it's the same song that's in my head... Big John Deere...

Reactions: tr005 and Remington
DaddyDubbs

DaddyDubbs

Lifetime Member
Nov 19, 2016
Lee County Alabama, from Southern Michigan
Ownership

1. 500
I was at Tip Up Town in Houghton Lake, MI this weekend. The vintage snowmobiles are my favorite part. The new snowmobile freestyle event is a close second.

Great music selection. We had an Arctic Cat Lynx (0:14?) and a Cheetah (3:35) back in the 70's.
I didn't see a Bolens Diablo (front track drive) or Ski Doo Alpine (single ski and dual track) in the clip, but there sure were some other strange sleds back in the day.

D

Deleted member 3748

Great music selection. We had an Arctic Cat Lynx (0:14?) and a Cheetah (3:35) back in the 70's.
I didn't see a Bolens Diablo (front track drive) or Ski Doo Alpine (single ski and dual track) in the clip, but there sure were some other strange sleds back in the day.
there weren't too many choices for snowmobile songs on YouTube. Glad you liked them.
@swsebek that's a good song to have stuck in your head. You're lucky!! :D
@

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I owned a few of those. Ski Doo Nordic, Arctic Cat Lynx and the Massey Ferguson Ski Whiz. A geared 440 Rupp Nitro was the scariest machine I've ever ridden, broke traction every time you hit the throttle. Nothing compared to nowadays speed but you just couldn't control it. Thanks for the video Piston! :cool:

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Ah yes...da Yupers! I had 2 Yamaha inviters 300. Nice little sleds but a real pain with the water pumps!
You need to play “my rusty Chevrolet” there Eah! :)

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
You're not from MI, so you wouldn't know, but it's Yooper... Just in case you ever run into one. They call us trolls (below the bridge) but we don't care. :)
No were not were called Cedar Savages! Hahaha the rough ones are called Ridge runners!

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Lol “rust and smoke the radio’s broke the door just blew away!” Hahaha

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
You're not from MI, so you wouldn't know, but it's Yooper... Just in case you ever run into one. They call us trolls (below the bridge) but we don't care. :)
Trust me I used to be a road warrior. I worked up in Iron wood for a year cleaning up a PCB spill at a sawmill.Going south ain't in my blood. If it were me I would live in the Alaska Wilderness By my self.I loved Michigan and used to race stand up super jet-skis on Lake Huron and the Marysville river..Mi-Oh-pa are the only States for me...No Offense to you southern boys but I hate the heat...The people in the ""YOOPER"" were great Too.I had a Skidoo blizzard back then....I was amazed when I seen the locals driving their sleds to bars:D

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!