P1000 Tire Advice Please

B

Buckslayr

Oct 18, 2019
Nd
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I’m gonna throw in another recommendation for LT tires. I asked all the same questions and debated and debated and went back and forth for months. Finally said “screw it” and ordered a set of 4 Maxxis Buckshot Mudders when they went on sale. My only regret is I didn’t order them sooner. I don’t ride as much blacktop as it seems you do, but I ride a decent amount to get to trails and dirt roads around me. When I first put them on I couldn’t believe the difference. It was actually quieter than my truck (it has BFG Mud Terrains). I thought I’d lose a little traction but I have went through some stuff that made me an even bigger believer in these LT tires. As for the power loss...if it did lose any, I didn’t notice it. I don’t drive hard anyway but I do put it to work hauling things around, pulling fairly steep hills, and it still gets up the road pretty quick when I press the pedal. I lost a little bit of braking performance but not enough to gripe about. On top of that, you’ll be hard pressed to ever wear them out on something as light as these machines. Just my 2 cents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
what size maxxiis did you put on?

Reactions: ChadD and Isaiah
showme69

showme69

Dec 25, 2020
Washington, MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I finally wore out the front stock Armstrong Dirt Masters and got some LT tires put on earlier this month. The decrease in the road noise was amazing.

ECAE8F42 735B 469A B48F 9076290E42E9 82A77839 35E5 4CF1 B597 5508E9836C72 0D293294 9763 4700 AC56 C133DD51C874

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!