HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I took a 50 mile ride in my Pioneer on a rural black top highway this afternoon. The roar of the cheap oem 27x9x12 and 27x11x12 tires at about 40 mph is deafening even with ear muffs on. It's not tolerable.

Will the Pioneer Deluxe 14" take-off wheels and tires be any better?

If not, what options do I have with the oem Honda Pioneer Deluxe wheels?

I'm not going to be doing any mud bogging or rock climbing. My driving will be some dirt but mostly on blacktop.

I don't want to invest in expensive aftermarket wheels and don't want to use wheel spacers and I don't want to screw up the handling of the buggy.

Your advice and recommendations will be sincerely appreciated.

Reactions: Lady01
Hillbillytnt

Hillbillytnt

May 2, 2020
Ky
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The wheels aren’t noisy the tires are. I just replaced my stock 12” steels with 14” deluxe wheels. The 12” had blackstone 6 ply and weren’t as noisy as the 4 ply bighorns on the 14”. The bighorns are louder. I would recommend trying a radial or a more blacktop friendly tread like the terabytes. I would highly recommend the rims but not the tires if your looking for a quieter ride.

Last edited:
JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I took a 50 mile ride in my Pioneer on a rural black top highway this afternoon. The roar of the cheap oem 27x9x12 and 27x11x12 tires at about 40 mph is deafening even with ear muffs on. It's not tolerable.

I'm not going to be doing any mud bogging or rock climbing. My driving will be some dirt but mostly on blacktop.

I don't want to invest in expensive aftermarket wheels and don't want to use wheel spacers and I don't want to screw up the handling of the buggy.

Do you have the stock Blackstone tires or the new stock tires that they are coming with now?

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Since your on blacktop most of the time I would get a all terrain truck tire?
I'm interested. What brand and size do you suggest?

I like the General and BFG tires I've seen in member photos.

Our oem tires are 27x9 front and 27x11 rear. Can I use a set of four LT tires in the same size? Can I avoid wheel spacers?

Sjc3081

Sjc3081

Jan 16, 2017
Wappinger NY
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Kanati Mongrels come in 27-9/12 and 27-11/12. They have a high durometer rating and are a good road tire that is capable off road. Automotive LT tires are heavy and really affect your power. After market wheels dont come with a exact factory offset and screw up your width front and rear. The only after market wheels setup i found to exactly miimic factory front and rear width are STI HD9 14x7 6+1 front and 5+2 rear offests.

Raynman

Raynman

Sudo Flotation device inspector
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 5, 2019
Thumb area, Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I just installed STI X-comp ATR tires on my P1000-5, on the first ride the wife even noticed the difference in the ride and the noise differences. You actually need to look at DOT tires for your style of riding
Since your on blacktop most of the time I would get a all terrain truck tire?
What Isaiah said!

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I even thought about buying a set of four Michelin or BFG passenger car tires mounted on Pioneer Deluxe 14" wheels for summer use. I could use my oem 12" wheels and tires for winter snow driving.

But then I run into the problem of tire width. Factory wheels would have the different offsets. How much would it matter if I use four tires of the same width?

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Kanati Mongrels come in 27-9/12 and 27-11/12. They have a high durometer rating and are a good road tire that is capable off road. Automotive LT tires are heavy and really affect your power. After market wheels dont come with a exact factory offset and screw up your width front and rear. The only after market wheels setup i found to exactly miimic factory front and rear width are STI HD9 14x7 6+1 front and 5+2 rear offests.
I've already spent $800 for a set of Pioneer Deluxe 14" wheels. Perhaps I should have asked more questions here before I bought them.

russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
I'm running 15" truck tires on 4/136 15 x 7 5+2 wheels with 1" spacers in the rear. Buggy looks great, handles great, no issues. Also have SATV front a-arms and had front end machine aligned and all for tires machine balanced. They are very quiet and are wearing very good. Have almost 5000 miles on them with zero issues. Another big advantage of this setup is you can rotate all four tires.

Honda1

Last edited:
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X

LT tires are the way to go. You can also mount them on your deluxe wheels if you like. Ive had LT tires for the last 3-1/2 yrs. the ware is excellent , cost is much cheaper, ride better on pavement and can be much quieter depending on witch ine you choose. No need to buy an expencive name brand like Michelin or BF dor that machine. Most any AT or MT style will e fine, were not traveling down highways for 25-30k miles lol. As for weight, yes there a bit heavier than OEM and ive seen a slight slow down but nothing that has effected my road or my hard trail riding. People think too much into that imo. @BWAF has had a set as long as i have and has been happy as well. Again just an opinion.
68BD2661 33D3 4435 886E A878E45A12CE

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I just installed STI X-comp ATR tires on my P1000-5, on the first ride the wife even noticed the difference in the ride and the noise differences. You actually need to look at DOT tires for your style of riding

What Isaiah said!
This tire is available in 28" diameter and for 14" wheels. The tread pattern appears less aggressive than oem and puts more rubber on the ground. That suggests they are a little less noisy.

They're cheap! Priced around $50/tire.

What size are you using? What about tire widths and offsets?

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
LT tires are the way to go. You can also mount them on your deluxe wheels if you like. Ive had LT tires for the last 3-1/2 yrs. the ware is excellent , cost is much cheaper, ride better on pavement and can be much quieter depending on witch ine you choose. No need to buy an expencive name brand like Michelin or BF dor that machine. Most any AT or MT style will e fine, were not traveling down highways for 25-30k miles lol. As for weight, yes there a bit heavier than OEM and ive seen a slight slow down but nothing that has effected my road or my hard trail riding. People think too much into that imo. @BWAF has had a set as long as i have and has been happy as well. Again just an opinion.
View attachment 264946
They look good. What brand and size?

Reactions: Lady01
HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
Reactions: ChadD and Lady01
HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I'm running 15" truck tires on 4/136 15 x 7 5+2 wheels with 1" spacers in the rear. Buggy looks great, handles great, no issues. Also have SATV front a-arms and had front end machine aligned and all for tires machine balanced. They are very quiet and are wearing very good. Have almost 5000 miles on them with zero issues. Another big advantage of this setup is you can rotate all four tires.

View attachment 264947
Looks great.

Last edited:
Isaiah

Isaiah

Dec 30, 2019
Altamont TN
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I'm interested. What brand and size do you suggest?

I like the General and BFG tires I've seen in member photos.

Our oem tires are 27x9 front and 27x11 rear. Can I use a set of four LT tires in the same size? Can I avoid wheel spacers?
I don't run truck tires on mine but there is a bunch of members here that do and they can help you better than I.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!