Tire and Wheel Combo-Pioneer 700-4

H

H500driver

Mar 4, 2014
Palmetto, FL
Ownership

1. Talon R
Having a hard time finding a big selection of tire and wheel kits. What do yall have to offer, would rather someone that supports the forum!

bigc

bigc

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2013
tire and wheel kits are plentiful 4-110 bolt pattern wheels are the most common i prefer pitbull tires and douglas wheels

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Hi,
If you are looking for a tire "kit" for the Pioneer, then yes. It will be hard to find since it's so new.

So, you have to make your own.

Lets start by choosing a tire design. Is there one you like?
Go here for a good selection http://www.rockymountainatvmc.com/c/546/UTV-Tires
But there are many more others not listed.
Post what you like so we can see.
Then we will work out the details good and bad.
Thanks.

H

H500driver

Mar 4, 2014
Palmetto, FL
Ownership

1. Talon R
I'm interested in the Kenda Bearclaws or Maxxis Bighorn. Ride a lot of sand water/mud mix. Would like a 27 for better ground clearance.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Bighorns are one of the most popular tires for UTV's. An all-around tire. They are ok at at about everything. Excellent on hard pack trails and terrain.
I would not recommend Bearclaws as they are not normally considered a UTV type tire. It is an "old school" tire. Just meaning they been around for a while. Popular with smaller cc atv's as a mud tire. From my experience they have performed well in wet creek sand and mud.

Both are 6 ply and come in 27's

Now the new bearclaw HTR's may work. 8 ply. Radial.

H

H500driver

Mar 4, 2014
Palmetto, FL
Ownership

1. Talon R
Ok so what size wheel do you recommend? Read your write- up on 12/14", want to stay with a 12" wheel but don't want the tire sticking way out. 26 or 27?

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Factory wheels are:
Front 12x6 - 4.5x1.5 offset
Rear 12x7.5 - 6x1.5 offset
you will not find this size in aftermarket. Closest is a 12x7 with a 5x2 offset. This will make the wheel/tire combo stick out about a inch more then what it is now.

T

tbaker

Aug 31, 2013
NW. Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have the pioneer 2 seater and just put a set of 27 inch GBD dirt tamer tires on the factory rims and it looks great and more clearance. just came back from the woods and these tires turn real easy and the ride is great. the GBC dirt tamer tires are 6 ply and look just like the BIG HORN tires but cost 200 dollars less and sent to the house from ebay and free shipping.

spifyd

spifyd

Lifetime Member
Jan 2, 2014
newhampshire
there is a new bear claw tire it is a Hsr or something like that. It's an 8 ply radial.they added more knobs to it to make it more user friendly on hot pack. I just put a set of 27's on my p2.
I can't believe how much better it ride how much more traction they have over the stock ones

bigc

bigc

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2013
you dont know how crappy the factory tires are until you put on a good set of radials

slowdryrider

slowdryrider

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Jul 14, 2013
Canada
Oh yes I do !! I have the Bear claw htr radial's on my other machine and the difference is unbelieable. Thats next on my list to get before we start doing any serious riding. I get stuck in the snow with the Pioneer and the one with the Bear Claws on will walk right by me in one wheel drive. Not trying to sell the tire's but the factory ones do suck.LOL

motorcikle

motorcikle

Supporting Member
Jul 8, 2014
Are the Rancher (09) wheels the same offset as the Pioneer? I have a nice set of 27's and wheels on my Rancher.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
motorcikle said:
Are the Rancher (09) wheels the same offset as the Pioneer? I have a nice set of 27's and wheels on my Rancher.
Only if you have the IRS version. Straight axle will not be the same.

Hey. Welcome to the HondaSxS community. Love seeing new members. Tell us about your rancher. You looking to get a Pioneer?

motorcikle

motorcikle

Supporting Member
Jul 8, 2014
Thanks! I have the IRS version. The Rancher is all black(mistake) HMF exhaust,UNI air filter, 27" ITP mud lites on 12" black aluminum rims. 4K Warn winch. Front mount gun racks and Kopliln hard storage on the rear.
I just got the Pioneer last week so I'm still researching the aftermarket part availability.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Nice. Haven't seen too many IRS Ranchers out and about.

What don't you like the black. Some of us have painted our Pioneers black and we love it.

motorcikle

motorcikle

Supporting Member
Jul 8, 2014
The Rancher is black from the factory and just does not clean up as easy as the camo that my Pioneer has.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!