100Acre

Samsquinch the Terrible Magic Bean Manipulator
Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Apr 25, 2017
Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-5
With so many folks on here posting threads on upgrading their tires and rims, it seems like someone would have to read many hundreds of posts to glean enough information to make good and effective judgements when choosing new wheels and tires. Is there anywhere online that isn’t biased in comparing or rating the various makes, styles and types. Kind of like an online consumer reports for SXS’s. It’d be a lot of work but having a database here on the Forum for members to make good decisions seems like a no brainer.....
Thoughts?

Mopower58

Mopower58

No reservations about no reservations
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 10, 2017
Crystal Springs,Ms.
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The type of tire you need would depend on your particular riding area. I went with 28 inch Big Horn 2.0's. I don't ride in big rocks that would pinch these and cause a flat. With 28's I don't need a lift kit that would cause top heaviness and these have plenty of grip for me. I see a lot of people use a "street" looking tire, those would get stuck here.

Reactions: 100Acre and BWAF
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
With so many folks on here posting threads on upgrading their tires and rims, it seems like someone would have to read many hundreds of posts to glean enough information to make good and effective judgements when choosing new wheels and tires. Is there anywhere online that isn’t biased in comparing or rating the various makes, styles and types. Kind of like an online consumer reports for SXS’s. It’d be a lot of work but having a database here on the Forum for members to make good decisions seems like a no brainer.....
Thoughts?
I’m sure there is something somewhere, when I was looking I was watching tire tests by Chaparral Motorsports. They have several of these videos.

Reactions: Plumber32

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!