Tire Fitment

xltman

xltman

Feb 1, 2017
US
So I bought my Pioneer and it had aftermarket ITP rims and Maxis Bighorn Tires. Rims are 12x7 and all four tires are 26x9x12. I'm new to the UTV game, but aren't the rear tires on most wider than the front? Can I put a wider tire on the rear or do I need different rear rims. I will be mostly trail riding, but will use for wood cutting, too. Thanks for any help.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Reactions: sharp
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
So I bought my Pioneer and it had aftermarket ITP rims and Maxis Bighorn Tires. Rims are 12x7 and all four tires are 26x9x12. I'm new to the UTV game, but aren't the rear tires on most wider than the front? Can I put a wider tire on the rear or do I need different rear rims. I will be mostly trail riding, but will use for wood cutting, too. Thanks for any help.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
On most the back is wider, but it is just fine if you have the same size all around, it helps if you rotate,. You won't need different wheels if you go with a wider tire on the back.

allgm1

allgm1

Lifetime Member
Mar 7, 2015
New Hampshire
You won't need different wheels if you go with a wider tire on the back.
Are you sure about that. I can see a 9" tire on a 7" rim but much wider than that I would think one would want a wider wheel. I'm no wheel/tire expert but that just seems odd to me, maybe someone who knows better can chime in also and straighten me out.

Reactions: sharp
sharp

sharp

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jan 27, 2016
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Are you sure about that. I can see a 9" tire on a 7" rim but much wider than that I would think one would want a wider wheel. I'm no wheel/tire expert but that just seems odd to me, maybe someone who knows better can chime in also and straighten me out.
I just put the ITP wheels on mine and they are both 14x7 and I have 28x9x14 on front and 28x11x14 on the back. You might be thinking of a ATV.

Reactions: nikeboy1247

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!