P

Purpletail

Lifetime Member
Jan 21, 2023
NC
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Hey everyone,

Building out the olive pioneer and I am putting street legal tires on it for the inspection. They ordered 4 KM3 28 9 r14, but I think I need two of those up front and 28 11 r 14 for the rear? At least that is the way Amazon or some other tire sales list the "UTV" package for 4 KM3s for the Pioneer. Do I need to let the dealer know I need 11 inch in the back. Are the rims the same size on the pioneer or different sizes back to front? Sorry to ask a newbie ?, I'll go buy the dealer Tuesday to measure them out but thought I would ask the experts. Thank you.

I know, I need pics... once it is ready and in my garage I will post!

Reactions: Backwoods
R

RedorDead

Jan 3, 2023
USA
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The factory wheels are wider in the rear. For most people, there’s a choice to be made between:

a. Stick with factory wheels and wider tires in rear. Can’t install a rear wheel on the front axle.

b. New wheels and tires all 4 identical which gives the advantage of you can rotate them front to rear.

c. Probably not very popular to put 4 identical tires on OEM wheels, because they won’t look the same and will vary slightly in diameter because of the difference in wheels. But I have seen it done.

P

Purpletail

Lifetime Member
Jan 21, 2023
NC
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Was told by the tech that I could rotate the same size tires back to front on the different OEM wheels and that "they do it all the time" to put 4 of the same size tires on the OEM wheels. This makes no sense to me as that would put the larger wheel up front which is designed for the rear. Was also told they do not make 11 wide 14s and it took me about half a minute to find them on amazon and UTV source. Im thinking I will cancel their order of 4 of the same size tire for the OEM wheels and get the 9s and 11s and have them mounted at somewhere else. Thoughts anyone?

WagginTail

WagginTail

Lifetime Member
Club Contributor
Oct 13, 2020
SC
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Was told by the tech that I could rotate the same size tires back to front on the different OEM wheels and that "they do it all the time" to put 4 of the same size tires on the OEM wheels. This makes no sense to me as that would put the larger wheel up front which is designed for the rear. Was also told they do not make 11 wide 14s and it took me about half a minute to find them on amazon and UTV source. Im thinking I will cancel their order of 4 of the same size tire for the OEM wheels and get the 9s and 11s and have them mounted at somewhere else. Thoughts anyone?
They don't know what they are talking about. I went with 9 on front and 11 on back of my 1000 with OEM wheels. I didn't feel like spending money on new rims at the time to get the same width front and back

Reactions: Rayger143
P

Purpletail

Lifetime Member
Jan 21, 2023
NC
Ownership

1. 1000-3
They don't know what they are talking about. I went with 9 on front and 11 on back of my 1000 with OEM wheels. I didn't feel like spending money on new rims at the time to get the same width front and back
Basically that is what I am thinking. I'll call and get this switched to stock sizes. I too do not want new wheels at this time. Thank you.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
For the record: 4 tires the same size on stock wheels is done all the time. My aftermarket wheels are narrower in front than the rears, the same as stock and I'm running 30 x 9.5 x 15 on all 4 corners (Talon, but that's irrelevant).

P

Purpletail

Lifetime Member
Jan 21, 2023
NC
Ownership

1. 1000-3
For the record: 4 tires the same size on stock wheels is done all the time. My aftermarket wheels are narrower in front than the rears, the same as stock and I'm running 30 x 9.5 x 15 on all 4 corners (Talon, but that's irrelevant).
can the backs be rotated to the front on the larger wheels? are your wheels same size all the way around? not familiar with talons.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
can the backs be rotated to the front on the larger wheels? are your wheels same size all the way around? not familiar with talons.
Like the Pioneer (I think), the front wheels are narrower than the rears and the offsets are different to make the track widths equal on both ends. So, no, we can't rotate, nor can the Pioneer 1000 (I think).

Someone will be along in a minute if I'm wrong about the Pioneer wheel widths and offsets.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
First off your letting the Stealership do this. So your A, gonna pay through the teeth and B, trying to tell them how its suppose to be done and how u want it over what “they” think, your gonna play like hell fixing that. Some unsolicited advice, order your tires and new wheels and do them your self (not hard to do) and save u some $$ and heartache BS.

Now Im also gonna tell you what u need. But first im gonna tell u to “Search” up top for your question. Its a common question that still has marks where the jockey was hitting.

So if you are riding pavement alot being street legal, your gonna put ware on them tires more than u are off road. Unless you like spending your cabbage on new tires often? You want to be able to rotate your tires for ware every now and again.
that said, you want same
SIZE WHEELS & TIRES all the way around for this. You will have to get some spacers to fix the track but thats minor and can be found @RB3offroad .Your stock wheels are different sizes and you cant do this for many reasons so just get that out of your mind. Ive had this set up for over 4 yrs and its the best thing i ever did.
7A087613 7651 414A 9146 D6245A42A4E1

P

Purpletail

Lifetime Member
Jan 21, 2023
NC
Ownership

1. 1000-3
First off your letting the Stealership do this. So your A, gonna pay through the teeth and B, trying to tell them how its suppose to be done and how u want it over what “they” think, your gonna play like hell fixing that. Some unsolicited advice, order your tires and new wheels and do them your self (not hard to do) and save u some $$ and heartache BS.

Now Im also gonna tell you what u need. But first im gonna tell u to “Search” up top for your question. Its a common question that still has marks where the jockey was hitting.

So if you are riding pavement alot being street legal, your gonna put ware on them tires more than u are off road. Unless you like spending your cabbage on new tires often? You want to be able to rotate your tires for ware every now and again.
that said, you want same
SIZE WHEELS & TIRES all the way around for this. You will have to get some spacers to fix the track but thats minor and can be found @RB3offroad .Your stock wheels are different sizes and you cant do this for many reasons so just get that out of your mind. Ive had this set up for over 4 yrs and its the best thing i ever did.
View attachment 372396
Thank you for the advice, Great looking rig Remington. What size tires and wheels are on your rig? I have no desire to lift mine so Im thinking 28/29 would be a good fit for our uses. I agree with you, I'll just cancel the tire order and do it myself.

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Thank you for the advice, Great looking rig Remington. What size tires and wheels are on your rig? I have no desire to lift mine so Im thinking 28/29 would be a good fit for our uses. I agree with you, I'll just cancel the tire order and do it myself.
Those are 30 x 10 x 15’s. I just have forward arms from super ATV
I use fox shocks to give me about a 3 inch lift, roughly give or take. Stay away from the bracket lifts, that’s all I’ll say about that. Lol.
28 so be fine with no Lift. But I’d still get the spacers if you need help or advice on mounting those wheels and tires there’s a few threads on it in here and if that confuses you too much just ask

Last edited:
P

Purpletail

Lifetime Member
Jan 21, 2023
NC
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Tires cancelled, I'll do it myself after first oil change or so, figure out what we will need and get it right hopefully the first time, dealership lost some points on the 9 inch 28s all the way around, those would have looked terrible, I can burn up those Chinese stock tires first, should not take too long. Appreciate everyones input.

Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Tires cancelled, I'll do it myself after first oil change or so, figure out what we will need and get it right hopefully the first time, dealership lost some points on the 9 inch 28s all the way around, those would have looked terrible, I can burn up those Chinese stock tires first, should not take too long. Appreciate everyones input.
My opinion would be to spend some time reading on this site. You have lots of time before you need to replace the stock tires. I spent a lot of time reading on tires, a-arms, shocks and set-up of all of them before I pulled the pin. I ended up with 28x10-14 all around with 5+2 offset rims. I have 1 inch spacers in the rear from @RB3offroad to even the track. I also installed a-arms and shocks but not needed for 28s. Lots of knowledge here with experience. Take advantage of it. I did.

IMG 6343

P

Purpletail

Lifetime Member
Jan 21, 2023
NC
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Thank you Rayger, Nice looking rig too!. Appreiciate the pic of the 28s on 14s. Agree, definitely some time to enjoy it before new wheels and tires. My wife thinks I have a new girlfriend, nope, just reading threads on the SXS site...she has no idea the can of worms I opened with getting back into Powersports. She will love it when she sees the smile on her sons faces. Good stuff.

TripleB

TripleB

Lifetime Member
Aug 13, 2018
Caryville, Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
The factory wheels are wider in the rear. For most people, there’s a choice to be made between:

a. Stick with factory wheels and wider tires in rear. Can’t install a rear wheel on the front axle.

b. New wheels and tires all 4 identical which gives the advantage of you can rotate them front to rear.

c. Probably not very popular to put 4 identical tires on OEM wheels, because they won’t look the same and will vary slightly in diameter because of the difference in wheels. But I have seen it done.
I've did all 3 of these scenarios. I've also run 4 front OEM wheels with the same size tire, with and without a rear 1 inch spacer. I also accidentally put a rear wheel on the front for a few rides. It won't rub the a-arm all the time but it definitely hits in certain situations lol.

P

Purpletail

Lifetime Member
Jan 21, 2023
NC
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I've did all 3 of these scenarios. I've also run 4 front OEM wheels with the same size tire, with and without a rear 1 inch spacer. I also accidentally put a rear wheel on the front for a few rides. It won't rub the a-arm all the time but it definitely hits in certain situations lol.
A member with a sense of humor, love it, nice job Triple B, laughing at our follies makes it better!

HBarlow

HBarlow

Lifetime Member
Jun 14, 2020
Daniels, WV
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. Talon X
I use a set of take-off Pioneer LE aluminum wheels, gour Tensor 28 x 10 x 14 tires, and 1" spacers at the rear. The combination works fine.

My buggy is driven on pavement 100% of the time. I've never given a thought to tire rotation. I doubt I'll ever wear these tires down enough to care.

Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I use a set of take-off Pioneer LE aluminum wheels, gour Tensor 28 x 10 x 14 tires, and 1" spacers at the rear. The combination works fine.

My buggy is driven on pavement 100% of the time. I've never given a thought to tire rotation. I doubt I'll ever wear these tires down enough to care.
It'll happen faster than you think. My regulators have been great but I'd say 4k- 5k miles they're at 20% or so. They're still one of my favorite tires I've tried.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!