Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The flip side of rapid wear is usually excellent grip on dry pavement. I'm okay with rapid wear.
I wouldn't say rapid. They outlasted any other utv tire I've tried. Most show wear in hundreds of miles they at least take a few thousand. I put truck tires on the talon for this reason. With the locked rear differential I knew the regulators would be chewed up in a hurry.

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
I wouldn't say rapid. They outlasted any other utv tire I've tried. Most show wear in hundreds of miles they at least take a few thousand. I put truck tires on the talon for this reason. With the locked rear differential I knew the regulators would be chewed up in a hurry.
Was that you slippin' and slidin' in TripleB's video? If yes, are you considering a Torque Locker? Or did it perform satisfactorily with a few driving adjustments? 🤔

Ohio4x4

Ohio4x4

I brought the dishwasher
Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Was that you slippin' and slidin' in TripleB's video? If yes, are you considering a Torque Locker? Or did it perform satisfactorily with a few driving adjustments? 🤔
Ground clearance was his downfall that day. He's sagging in the front. You should've seen that badass pioneer go!
I honestly expected the worst of the I I4wd. After having some miles I'd say it works exactly as it should. I'm not running forward arms on the talon due to the power steering complaints. The same goes for the the torque locker. One of the things I like about the I4wd is the light steering feel. Like @TripleB said I was bottomed out and couldn't gain any momentum. I've added a bunch of accessories and haven't added any preload to the springs.

Adam490

Adam490

HFA Grand High Wizard
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Apr 7, 2019
Covington, LA
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R LV
I honestly expected the worst of the I I4wd. After having some miles I'd say it works exactly as it should. I'm not running forward arms on the talon due to the power steering complaints. The same goes for the the torque locker. One of the things I like about the I4wd is the light steering feel. Like @TripleB said I was bottomed out and couldn't gain any momentum. I've added a bunch of accessories and haven't added any preload to the springs.
You misspelled driving like a kitty! Throw your purse at it next time Sally!

CID

CID

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 27, 2019
SE Denver-ish
Ownership

1. Talon R
👍 I’m considerably less hard core than you guys but the i4wd has amazed me. I also like the that I can’t feel that it’s engaged and run it over 50% of the time just so I don’t spin the back tires off, I don’t see any downside to using it ‘a lot’. If it’s flat and I’m cruising, ok, 2wd but uphill or downhill (better decel braking), it’s in 4wd (ok, 3wd for Smitty 😛).

I added a lot of accessories (two spares 😊) and it squished my rear tender springs; I had to upgrade to the Weller Racing HD springs. I need to check my front ground clearance since adding the second battery. 🤔

I’m constantly forgetting to go to manual on serious climbs and the DCT will upshift at the most awkard moments. I don’t remember until it does it - s***!!.

I wonder how the Torque Locker will affect the power steering … hmmm. I’m not there yet, not sure I’d like it ALWAYS engaged, it’s so good now.

2023pioneercrew6

2023pioneercrew6

Nov 28, 2022
Phoenix, AZ
Ownership

1. 1000 6 Crew
My opinion would be to spend some time reading on this site. You have lots of time before you need to replace the stock tires. I spent a lot of time reading on tires, a-arms, shocks and set-up of all of them before I pulled the pin. I ended up with 28x10-14 all around with 5+2 offset rims. I have 1 inch spacers in the rear from @RB3offroad to even the track. I also installed a-arms and shocks but not needed for 28s. Lots of knowledge here with experience. Take advantage of it. I did.
Those are 30 x 10 x 15’s. I just have forward arms from super ATV
I use fox shocks to give me about a 3 inch lift, roughly give or take. Stay away from the bracket lifts, that’s all I’ll say about that. Lol.
28 so be fine with no Lift. But I’d still get the spacers if you need help or advice on mounting those wheels and tires there’s a few threads on it in here and if that confuses you too much just ask
Those are 30 x 10 x 15’s. I just have forward arms from super ATV
I use fox shocks to give me about a 3 inch lift, roughly give or take. Stay away from the bracket lifts, that’s all I’ll say about that. Lol.
28 so be fine with no Lift. But I’d still get the spacers if you need help or advice on mounting those wheels and tires there’s a few threads on it in here and if that confuses you too much just ask
@Remington, that’s the best looking pioneer I’ve seen so far - I’m stealing the look! Forward A-arms on both the front AND rear? Also, did you got with Fox QS3 shocks or just the normal shocks? Thank you for posting all the help!

Last edited:
Rayger143

Rayger143

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Aug 5, 2020
Winfield, BC Canada
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Remington, that’s the best looking pioneer I’ve seen so far - I’m stealing the look! Forward A-arms on both the front AND rear? Also, did you got with Fox QS3 shocks or just the normal shocks? Thank you for posting all the help!
You need to tag @Remington so he sees your question

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
@Remington, that’s the best looking pioneer I’ve seen so far - I’m stealing the look! Forward A-arms on both the front AND rear? Also, did you got with Fox QS3 shocks or just the normal shocks? Thank you for posting all the help!
Yes forward front and rear. Yes Fox QS3’s with updated springs.
thanks for the complement

T

Toothfairy

Nov 22, 2020
Ownership

1. 1000-5
My opinion would be to spend some time reading on this site. You have lots of time before you need to replace the stock tires. I spent a lot of time reading on tires, a-arms, shocks and set-up of all of them before I pulled the pin. I ended up with 28x10-14 all around with 5+2 offset rims. I have 1 inch spacers in the rear from @RB3offroad to even the track. I also installed a-arms and shocks but not needed for 28s. Lots of knowledge here with experience. Take advantage of it. I did.
what model tire did you end up getting? They look great

Reactions: Smitty335

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!