P1000 Tire opinions

P

Pioneer2021

Jul 31, 2022
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I recently purchased a new set of wheels for my pioneer 1000, and trying to figure out what tires to go with. I’ve had my eyes on system 3 tires mainly their xt300, xt400, and xtr370. Anyone have any experience with these or have any other recommendations for 28/10/14. I mainly ride alot of mud, ruts, and a fair bit of asphalt to go to any trails. Currently have carlisle versa trails which have been great tires just want to try something different. Thanks
update after narrowing it down to frontline acp and xtr370. I finally pulled the trigger on the xtr’s I will post some pics when I get home Saturday from work. Still not sure if I should of just went with the frontlines only time will tell lol

Reactions: Robobrainiac
L

lbg7602

Mar 22, 2023
UT
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Larger tires are heavier and increase rolling resistance, which kills horse power. It's a compromise without portals and tunes.
Thank you for the response. Yes, you are correct. I know that I will lose some hp but I just don't want to lose some much hp that I won't be able to climb any heels or rocks. I am not planning on doing anything crazy or race anybody I just want to have enough power to have fun on the trails.

JenElio

JenElio

NTC's NoMo Chupacabra Caliente!!....
Lifetime Member
Oct 31, 2019
Loxahatchee, florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
Hello Everyone, I am new to forum and happy to learn from all you pros. I recently acquire a new pioneer 1000 and I'm just looking to do a few upgrades or maybe a lot of upgrades :) . I pre-order the Texas tough custom long travel kit which should give me plenty room to upgrade my tires up to 35 inch. However I haven't found much information about what it would do to the machine without doing any alterations to the gears or the engine. I am thinking to put 33 inc tires and mount them on 4-136 15-7 wheels as far as the tire I am thinking 33 10.5 R15. What are you thoughts on this. Again, I don't really want to do any gear reduction or alter the engine. I will upgrade the radiator fan and maybe get a tuner to keep things cool. Have a y of you had any experience with anything above 31s? I would appreciate any feedback. Thank you.
Start an intro and post some pics of your ride 👍

Sorry I can't help with the tire and gearing question but I'm sure some of the fellas will chime in soon.

ToddACimer

ToddACimer

Pioneer 1005-2
Lifetime Member
Oct 7, 2016
Oshkosh, Wi
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Larger tires are heavier and increase rolling resistance, which kills horse power. It's a compromise without portals and tunes.
But the larger foot print does better in soft soil and the taller rolling diameter rolls over obstacles better. 30s make these machines way more fun and way more capable

Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Hello Everyone, I am new to forum and happy to learn from all you pros. I recently acquire a new pioneer 1000 and I'm just looking to do a few upgrades or maybe a lot of upgrades :) . I pre-order the Texas tough custom long travel kit which should give me plenty room to upgrade my tires up to 35 inch. However I haven't found much information about what it would do to the machine without doing any alterations to the gears or the engine. I am thinking to put 33 inc tires and mount them on 4-136 15-7 wheels as far as the tire I am thinking 33 10.5 R15. What are you thoughts on this. Again, I don't really want to do any gear reduction or alter the engine. I will upgrade the radiator fan and maybe get a tuner to keep things cool. Have a y of you had any experience with anything above 31s? I would appreciate any feedback. Thank you.
First off, Welcome and where is the state US? 🤔

You shouldnt need that TC kit if your just crawling rocks or not anything crazy. Just some good shocks and some aftermarket arms will do. Id go no more than 28’s-29’s for a stock machine. Anything past that youll be right back here in 6month with “why dont I have power” or “Help, Ive lost a gear” you will need a gear reduction as in portals If u want tires as big As your looking for. Where do u ride/live that you need that big of stuff? GA, FL swamp donkys? Then ok, get the portals and all that other stuff, If not your just G Dogging it.

Oh yeah, Rule #4 when we join is pics so…
Pics Or It Didnt Happen! 😉

L

lbg7602

Mar 22, 2023
UT
Ownership

1. 1000-5

You shouldnt need that TC kit if your just crawling rocks or not anything crazy. Just some good shocks and some aftermarket arms will do. Id go no more than 28’s-29’s for a stock machine. Anything past that youll be right back here in 6month with “why dont I have power” or “Help, Ive lost a gear” you will need a gear reduction as in portals If u want tires as big As your looking for. Where do u ride/live that you need that big of stuff? GA, FL swamp donkys? Then ok, get the portals and all that other stuff, If not your just G Dogging it.

Sorry, I am in UT 🤦. No, I am no planning on doing any swamps but may be some light crawling once in a while. I am also looking for confor.

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Sorry, I am in UT 🤦. No, I am no planning on doing any swamps but may be some light crawling once in a while. I am also looking for confor.
Cool. I like UT. Might want to change that in your Avitar unless your wanted for murder or something 😂

So Light crawling, no need for the overkill fo so! Use that money on other BA stuff for your rig.
In think “confor” is comfort? Not sure what shocks you have? If there stock, upgrade them If u want comfort, thats most of it.

L

lbg7602

Mar 22, 2023
UT
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Cool. I like UT. Might want to change that in your Avitar unless your wanted for murder or something 😂

So Light crawling, no need for the overkill fo so! Use that money on other BA stuff for your rig.
In think “confor” is comfort? Not sure what shocks you have? If there stock, upgrade them If u want comfort, thats most of it.
Cool thanks.

P

Pioneer2021

Jul 31, 2022
West Virginia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Sorry it’s been awhile I said I was going to post an update here is the setup I went with 28/10/14 xtr370 s on sti hd7 rims 5-2 offset

93D1F2FB 2710 4E0F B5DD D754FA53E379 65AE6BBB F370 43F9 8EB8 28AB5683B99B

Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5

I never upgraded the suspension and did fine on the rocks with mud tires. I think that was because my P1K5D was Snuffed though. 🤷‍♂️

Remington

Remington

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I never upgraded the suspension and did fine on the rocks with mud tires. I think that was because my P1K5D was Snuffed though. 🤷‍♂️
All hail The great swammy Snuff!
Only a select few of us were blessed to have his brilliance

ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
When buying tires or anything else for that matter Please try Not to buy chinese. We really need to step up our game of not supporting our enemy. Our kids future depends on it. 🇺🇸

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
When buying tires or anything else for that matter Please try Not to buy chinese. We really need to step up our game of not supporting our enemy. Our kids future depends on it. 🇺🇸

As soon as Americans stop demanding a $75/hr union jobs working only 3 days a week from home in their underwear and overpaid executives stop worrying solely about the bottom line, American-made product pricing will be able to compete with products produced in China and elsewhere.

Last edited:
Reactions: CID and rmking34
ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
As soon as Americans stop demanding a $75/hr union jobs working only 3 days a week from home in their underwear and overpaid executives stop worrying solely about the bottom line, American-made product pricing will be able to compete with products produced in China and elsewhere.
I don't know anybody thats demanding a $75/union job working only 3 days a week from home in their underwear and I don't think you do either.
As far as overpaid execs....I agree.
Other than supporting yOUR hometowns I dont know what the answer is. But it certainly isnt buying china made s***.
We have found ourselves in a predicament that definatly threatens our future thats for sure.

Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
I don't know anybody thats demanding a $75/union job working only 3 days a week from home in their underwear and I don't think you do either.
As far as overpaid execs....I agree.
Other than supporting yOUR hometowns I dont know what the answer is. But it certainly isnt buying china made s***.
We have found ourselves in a predicament that definatly threatens our future thats for sure.
You CLEARLY missed the point -- a point that remains 100% valid, despite my semi-sarcasm and purposeful slight exaggeration.

Do I really need to spell it out for you?

People don't buy Chinese products because they want to destroy their own nation. People buy Chinese products because American-made products cost TOO MUCH. WHY do they cost too much? Unions demanding more than market value for wages and benefits. Greed (workers, executives, stockholders, etc.). Government overregulation increasing costs to produce a product or provide a service. Inflation caused by ignorant leftist monetary and fiscal policies. Energy prices skyrocketing because of the left's unsustainable green deal agenda.

The unfortunate reality is that most US companies can either produce things overseas and be cost-competitive with all the other companies that do the same OR they can produce it here and eventually go out of business because the additional cost of labor, overhead, government regulation, and the rest of the nonsense they have to deal with HERE is too burdensome.

Shall I continue or do you think it's ALL because of a handful of CEOs?

Last edited:
Reactions: Remington
ODAMO

ODAMO

Oct 12, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-3
You CLEARLY missed the point -- a point that remains 100% valid, despite my semi-sarcasm and purposeful slight exaggeration.

Do I really need to spell it out for you?

People don't buy Chinese products because they want to destroy their own nation. People buy Chinese products because American-made products cost TOO MUCH. WHY do they cost too much? Unions demanding more than market value for wages and benefits. Greed (workers, executives, stockholders, etc.). Government overregulation increasing costs to produce a product or provide a service. Inflation caused by ignorant leftist monetary and fiscal policies. Energy prices skyrocketing because of the left's unsustainable green deal agenda.

The unfortunate reality is that most US companies can either produce things overseas and be cost-competitive with all the other companies that do the same OR they can produce it here and eventually go out of business because the additional cost of labor, overhead, government regulation, and the rest of the nonsense they have to deal with HERE is too burdensome.

Shall I continue or do you think it's ALL because of a handful of CEOs?
LoL. sounds like you have it all figured out....so whats the answer?
If everybody just blindly buys china junk without any thought to the future(and yes that includes not continuing to pollute) the United(union)States of America will cease to exist and Real communism will take over.
Our elected officials are not and have not been doing their jobs.
Our American lifestyle that our forefathers fought for is at stake. I'm trying to do my part, and I sincerely hope you do yours

Reactions: Smitty335
Scoop

Scoop

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 7, 2021
Michigan
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon R LV
LoL. sounds like you have it all figured out....so whats the answer?
If everybody just blindly buys china junk without any thought to the future(and yes that includes not continuing to pollute) the United(union)States of America will cease to exist and Real communism will take over.
Our elected officials are not and have not been doing their jobs.
Our American lifestyle that our forefathers fought for is at stake. I'm trying to do my part, and I sincerely hope you do yours

I never said I had the answer. What I I did say that "Buy American" isn't the solution to all that ails America. Like it or not, the world is a global marketplace now. Thanks to technology advances, our borders and mere distance are no longer an impediment to products being produced overseas and sold here competitively, nor is protectionism a viable economic policy. Other nations buy our products no different that we buy theirs. Oh, and for the record, the "rich" ALREADY pay the vast majority of tax dollars.

The first part of the solution is to lower taxes. The left thinks that "taxing the rich" and making them pay their "fair share" is part of the solution. That's nonsense. All that does is (a) increase the price of the product or service (ALL costs to produce a product or service, including higher taxes, is passed on to the customer) and reduce consumer's ability to afford things and (b) it forces the "evil "rich" people to move their assets and invest their capital in other places. Kennedy, like Reagan, lowered taxes significantly and the result was a massive increase in tax revenue.

Next, you reduce the nonsensical and burdensome government over-regulation and interference in the public sector. I would venture a guess that 90% of the crap in place right now could be removed and our environment, our resources, our economy, our health, and our safety would see zero reasonable negative affect.

Next, uncap American energy! Enough of this green new deal bulls***, shutting down pipelines, limits on drilling, limits on fracking, outlawing of gas stoves, ICE vehicles, and cow farts. Despite what many believe, the US has more energy under our feet than most any other nation. We need an ALL OF THE ABOVE approach: Use coal, petroleum, nuclear and NG NOW - at ridiculously low prices like they were through the Trump years - and develop sustainable energy sources at the SAME time. The government should not be picking and choosing winners by subsidizing Chinese companies building battery plants in MI, by subsidizing solar, wind, and everything else. Let the technology prove itself!

Next, STOP sending US taxpayer dollars and us military resources overseas! Why the hell are we funding Ukraine? Those BILLIONS need to be invested HERE, in new infrastructure so that new businesses can take advantage of them.

Next, STOP all the illegal immigration! 6 MILLION have crossed the border since Clown Biden took office. All those illegals are DRIVING DOWN WAGES and increasing the cost to taxpayers (of Americans who do work) by having to pay for all the benefits for these illegals.

I could go on, but nothing is going to change until the idiot in the Oval Office is gone. The economic, domestic, and energy policies of his administration and his leftist, facist, progressive fellow party members are killing this nation. Sady, it's not because of ignorance - it's by design. They WANT to destroy the nation so that it can be rebuilt under a model of Marxism - something that has been tried many times around the world, but has ALWAYS failed.

Sorry for the thread hijack.

I've said my piece. We can start a new thread if you want to continue.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!