William

William

If you ain’t first, you’re last...
Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have 27” maxxis zillas on my 700-4. 27-9-12 front 27-11-12 rear. Riding this past weekend with me wife and two kids in front, turning and bottomed the shock out, the front rubbed somewhere...sounded like it rubbed plastic. I have mudbusters fenders and stock suspension. So I would say on stock rims 27 is as big as I would go.... didn’t sound like the rear roll bar...

swsebek

swsebek

Red,White And Blue Collar Soul
Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
You rubbed your nuts.:D:D
Even with a lift and fox shocks my nuts rub.
It's usually with the steering turned going down hill as I hit the bottom where it levels out.
It sounds horrible and everybody gets that look:eek::eek: It's the tread rubbing the bolt heads and lock nuts on the mud busters. I have done it a thousand times.I actually took a grinder to the extra bolt that sticks out past the nuts. But just take off a little at a time as to not get to hot to melt plastic or the nylon lock in the nut.You will get used to your nuts rubbing and slow down your descents. You have 27s so a strong made lift, shock spacer,or after markets shock would stop this and all be beneficial to the ride quality. But it actually just sounds bad and doesn't hurt anything.

swsebek

swsebek

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
I have 27” maxxis zillas on my 700-4. 27-9-12 front 27-11-12 rear. Riding this past weekend with me wife and two kids in front, turning and bottomed the shock out, the front rubbed somewhere...sounded like it rubbed plastic. I have mudbusters fenders and stock suspension. So I would say on stock rims 27 is as big as I would go.... didn’t sound like the rear roll bar...
Shock Spacers is what I did first. I have 28 inch tires

Reactions: Mudwing
William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I am not interested in shock spacers, wheel spacers, or lift... I will keep rubbing my nuts! Thanks for the reply... That’s definitely the sound I was hearing! LoL!

Reactions: SmallTownBushMan
swsebek

swsebek

Lifetime Member
May 4, 2014
pa
Ownership

1. 700-4
IMG 1610
I am not interested in shock spacers, wheel spacers, or lift... I will keep rubbing my nuts! Thanks for the reply... That’s definitely the sound I was hearing! LoL!
When I first heard about the lifts for these I kinda laughed and said I don't need it. But when I seen just how simple and easy it was to in stall I was shocked. The strongmade doesn't hardly change much except for the ride quality. You get 2 inches of clearance without any worry of binding too much. And the kit is just a simple oversized master link looking thing. But I understand not wanting to go this route but If you did its a mild application for this 700

Reactions: Max718
William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I have had many lifts on previous bikes... mainly on my foreman’s. Used to put 30” tires on them and mud race. I don’t care for that anymore... Pretty much just hunt and take the kids riding... Dodging the bigger mud holes.. lol... But.... I really do want to put a 28” tire on mine. So who knows, I might break down one day and put a lift on!

Reactions: swsebek
Deluxe700

Deluxe700

Lifetime Member
Jul 2, 2017
Central Arkansas
Ownership

1. 700-2
I have 26 “ RipSaw tires. I wanted to go 27’s. But got worried about rubbing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I want 28” swamplites... but I’m not going to put a lift on so I will just replace the zillas when they wear out with 27” swamplites. The 28s have taller tread though...Probably going to put swamplites on my 1000-5 when I get it... they are smooth and go great in mud, until you get in clay mud where no tire works...

William

William

Lifetime Member
Aug 31, 2014
Flowood MS
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Also considering ripsaws for the 1000... that’s still my favorite tire...

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!