Tire Sidewall Cut

Bama-Daniel

Bama-Daniel

Lifetime Member
Feb 25, 2021
Priceville, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Happened to look at one of my tires and saw a cut in the sidewall. Pictures included for your viewing pleasure. Also realized my tires are made in China. Really! I’m sure best to change but how concerned should I be? 6 ply but not loosing air. Don’t want to set myself up for failure but wanted to get 28s in the future and am not quite ready for new tires yet. Anyone else out rolling with sidewall cuts?

CA24BBFF D7DF 41FE 9E6D 030C00B823A4 A1475FFD 0793 4A97 8BFD 6B37104063F2

Reactions: toddvdh
Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Happened to look at one of my tires and saw a cut in the sidewall. Pictures included for your viewing pleasure. Also realized my tires are made in China. Really! I’m sure best to change but how concerned should I be? 6 ply but not loosing air. Don’t want to set myself up for failure but wanted to get 28s in the future and am not quite ready for new tires yet. Anyone else out rolling with sidewall cuts?

View attachment 302344 View attachment 302345
See if it can be vulcanized. If it can, it'll get you buy for a while.

bumperm

bumperm

May 7, 2021
Gardnerville, NV
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Super glue will bond rubber almost as fast as it'll glue a butt to a toilet seat - no experience but I hear it's quick indeed.

You might try deflating to see if the crack gets narrower. If so, then flex the rubber to widen, apply a sparing amount of super glue in there and release or push inward near crack to close and hold for a minute. Can't hurt.

Reactions: Bama-Daniel
Bama-Daniel

Bama-Daniel

Lifetime Member
Feb 25, 2021
Priceville, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I had a cut like that for almost a year and it never blew.

but, I carried a spare tire so was less concerned.
Thanks. That’s good to hear. I really don’t want to buy another one of these tires. I’ve ordered a sidewall slug from the club store too. Figure I can try it if I get so and have an issue.

Bama-Daniel

Bama-Daniel

Lifetime Member
Feb 25, 2021
Priceville, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Super glue will bond rubber almost as fast as it'll glue a butt to a toilet seat - no experience but I hear it's quick indeed.

You might try deflating to see if the crack gets narrower. If so, then flex the rubber to widen, apply a sparing amount of super glue in there and release or push inward near crack to close and hold for a minute. Can't hurt.
Thank. Awesome idea.

Bama-Daniel

Bama-Daniel

Lifetime Member
Feb 25, 2021
Priceville, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks. Read something that it’s expensive? Have you ever had it done before?

Fro

Fro

Lifetime Member
Jan 28, 2016
Ardmore
Pour some rubber cement into the crack and let it cure before airing up. Then cross your fingers and ride.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!