Tire size help

I

iam_canadian22

May 5, 2015
Hey guys im looking at putting a set of zilla's on my p5, 11 wide in the back and 9 in the front, will be on the stock rims. Im unsure of how tall i can go. Ive been doing some research but cant find a definate answer. Will 27's fit without doing the frame mod or should i get 26's to be safe?

Reactions: BigJohn
393stroker

393stroker

May 26, 2015
Image Image Image
Hey guys im looking at putting a set of zilla's on my p5, 11 wide in the back and 9 in the front, will be on the stock rims. Im unsure of how tall i can go. Ive been doing some research but cant find a definate answer. Will 27's fit without doing the frame mod or should i get 26's to be safe?
27" Will fit with no rubbing and no frame mod.That is what size I am running.I have since went back to factory rims with these tires. It felt like to me it made the steering a lot easier and also the trails I ride are so narrow and heavily wooded.

Last edited:
I

iam_canadian22

May 5, 2015
Thank you very much, cant wait to order them up

JACKAL

JACKAL

Ancient Honda fanboi
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jun 11, 2015
Pioneer, TN
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5
I

iam_canadian22

May 5, 2015
Will do, will only be in about a month and a half when im back to work from tradeschool

393stroker

393stroker

May 26, 2015
Glad I could help. Hope you like the new tires.

393stroker

393stroker

May 26, 2015
Did you use any wheel spacers?
No wheel spacers. Actually when I had the aftermarket rims on they would barley touch the frame really the plastic belly pan at full turn.You could not even hear them rub. And when I put the factory rims back on I gained about 3/4" clearance.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!