P500 Tired of auto downshift..

B

bobbybog

Mar 2, 2018
WV
Ownership

1. 500
Now someone needs to try this the other way around - put the switch and module from a 17+ into a 15 or 16.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I will be the guinea pig if someone can point me to the correct parts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: rtn001
nctrailboss

nctrailboss

Supporting Member
Jun 30, 2018
north carolina
Ownership

1. 500
I will be the guinea pig if someone can point me to the correct parts.

A 17 or 18 model module,a little bit of wire and a toggle switch will do it.The only little bump in the road is the little female pin that will need to be inserted into the A7 hole in the black connector of the module.Grounding the A7 pin on a 17 or 18 module puts it in auto shift mode.A 16 model's black module plug will have a blank in the A7 hole as it is not used.I'm sure the little female pin connectors to match can be found.[where did radio shack go?]

B

bobbybog

Mar 2, 2018
WV
Ownership

1. 500
A 17 or 18 model module,a little bit of wire and a toggle switch will do it.The only little bump in the road is the little female pin that will need to be inserted into the A7 hole in the black connector of the module.Grounding the A7 pin on a 17 or 18 module puts it in auto shift mode.A 16 model's black module plug will have a blank in the A7 hole as it is not used.I'm sure the little female pin connectors to match can be found.[where did radio shack go?]

Can you point me to a link for the 17 or 18 module?

dnjones161

dnjones161

May 30, 2018
Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Would love to hear someone confirm this could be done. We've been eyeing a 500 for a while now, and buying a 14-15 would save about 1500 bucks around here.

If auto could be added for 200 and a little elbow grease, I think we could make it happen!

Neohio

Neohio

Beast of the East
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 22, 2016
Painesville Ohio
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If you can pm me a few pics of the connector, I can point you in the proper direction for pins.

bowhunterbill

bowhunterbill

May 31, 2019
Bozeman, MT
What do you mean- auto downshift while in manualmode?

NitroxDiver

NitroxDiver

Dec 22, 2016
Concord NC
Ownership

1. 500
What do you mean- auto downshift while in manualmode?

The machines with automatic function down shift automatically when in manual mode. To me it’s not a big deal as it seems like I almost have to stop before my machine down shifts but I see how it can be frustrating in certain driving conditions.

NitroxDiver

NitroxDiver

Dec 22, 2016
Concord NC
Ownership

1. 500
This discussion has me thinking about getting rid of that big switch on the dash and replacing it with a regular toggle switch. I feel that factory switch takes up a lot of space on our already small dash.

nctrailboss

nctrailboss

Supporting Member
Jun 30, 2018
north carolina
Ownership

1. 500
If you can pm me a few pics of the connector, I can point you in the proper direction for pins.
The pins are probably just like the ones in your connectors on a p-1000 module.

nctrailboss

nctrailboss

Supporting Member
Jun 30, 2018
north carolina
Ownership

1. 500
Ok. A friend of mine picked up the module and put it on his 17. Do you have to do anything else before it will work. He said it didn’t work
I took the auto switch out and plugged in the 16 module.What is his machine doing?

B

Boo

Aug 2, 2017
Baton Rouge, La
Ownership

1. 500
Do you have to remove the auto switch wire or just unplug the switch. He said it would shift more firm then go to a blank screen on the dash and not switch gears at all. If he restarted the machine it would do it all over again.

C

Cooint

May 28, 2018
illinois
Ownership

1. 500
Do you have to remove the auto switch wire or just unplug the switch. He said it would shift more firm then go to a blank screen on the dash and not switch gears at all. If he restarted the machine it would do it all over again.
Anybody figure this out ? Have the 2015 module in my 2017 and the gear display will start just showI got a dash instead of gear selection at a certain speed and then not shift up or down from there. Restart and then it will shift fine till you get to @ 20mph and then repeat the above with no shifting until restart again.
Any help appreciated.

C

Cooint

May 28, 2018
illinois
Ownership

1. 500
Anybody figure this out ? Have the 2015 module in my 2017 and the gear display will start just showI got a dash instead of gear selection at a certain speed and then not shift up or down from there. Restart and then it will shift fine till you get to @ 20mph and then repeat the above with no shifting until restart again.
Any help appreciated.
Anybody figure this out ? Have the 2015 ECM in my 2017 and the gear display will just start showIng a dash instead of what gear you are in when it reaches a certain speed (20 MPHish) and then will not shift up or down from there. Restart and then it will shift fine till you get to @ 20mph and then repeat the above with no shifting until restart again.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!