P1000m5 To lift or not, wheel and tire size

H

Hendi1977

Sep 27, 2021
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Hi there, relatively new to the sxs game here, have a 2018 LE I bought new. Just returned from a trip to the Black Hills, was great, but realized after some rock climbing, I would like a little more ground clearance, better wearing tires, and probably wheels to set it off. Just wondering if anyone had some good suggestions?

H

Hendi1977

Sep 27, 2021
Ownership

1. 1000-5
The 2018 LE already has full skid plate underneath, although I would like to add a set of rock slides. From what I've read so far, I could go up to a 30" tire if I do the forward A arms & 2.5" lift, if that seems correct to ya'll? If so then my next question would be what size wheels & brand of tires to go with for a beefy look? Somewhere I saw a tire called Renegade, I believe in 8 ply, that looked like the type of tread I think I want.

Reactions: Haldog77
Remington

Remington

Deputy Fife POIDH Enforcement Officer
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Jul 24, 2016
Michigan
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Few things, Is your skid plate aftermarket or stock? If its stock, u should ditch that G string of a skid plate and get a much better aftermarket one cuz that stocker wont help u but on a gravel road.

Yes u can go with 30’s with forward arms. Id stay away from the lift especially if your gona get arms. The lift changes the geometry of the suspension amongst other things and can make for a more harsher ride. You have an LE so you say? (will revisit that later lol) so you have fox shocks. If you do the arms, just add some preload to those Fox’s and get your added lift from that.

Tires and wheels. Im not opening and most here wont either, that can of worms lol just use the search for best tires and wheels up top and get u your beverage/beverages of choice and get ready for the show! lol.

Back to the LE.
Your first post here..Welcome to the best forum on the planet.
We have an unspoken gospel around here when you first post…
Pics Or It Didn't Happen!

Haldog77

Haldog77

NTC's Mafia Enforcer
Lifetime Member
Sep 30, 2019
Bossier City, Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
The 2018 LE already has full skid plate underneath, although I would like to add a set of rock slides. From what I've read so far, I could go up to a 30" tire if I do the forward A arms & 2.5" lift, if that seems correct to ya'll? If so then my next question would be what size wheels & brand of tires to go with for a beefy look? Somewhere I saw a tire called Renegade, I believe in 8 ply, that looked like the type of tread I think I want.
Welcome from NW Louisiana.

I read an article once that said LE's don't like lifts. Offset A-arms are fine, but lifts cause issues. There are several good threads on this forum about tires and rims. Good luck.

#NTC

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
Like the boys above said...you'll want to stay away from a standard lift on the LE model. You're out of luck on aftermarket axles for the LE, and the stockers are dinky little guys that don't like much angle. If you wanted...you could go with a portal lift down the road...but that's a hardcore addition and whole other worm hole. Skids, Arms, Tires...and send it. Then get some tie rods...cuz those are gonna go next. Lol!

Haldog77

Haldog77

NTC's Mafia Enforcer
Lifetime Member
Sep 30, 2019
Bossier City, Louisiana
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Like the boys above said...you'll want to stay away from a standard lift on the LE model. You're out of luck on aftermarket axles for the LE, and the stockers are dinky little guys that don't like much angle. If you wanted...you could go with a portal lift down the road...but that's a hardcore addition and whole other worm hole. Skids, Arms, Tires...and send it. Then get some tie rods...cuz those are gonna go next. Lol!
That's the best I have heard so far. "Skids, Arms, Tires,...and send it."

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Hi there, relatively new to the sxs game here, have a 2018 LE I bought new. Just returned from a trip to the Black Hills, was great, but realized after some rock climbing, I would like a little more ground clearance, better wearing tires, and probably wheels to set it off. Just wondering if anyone had some good suggestions?
Welcome! No lift.

advertisement
Ridinfool

Ridinfool

NTC’ s special Ed student of the year
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Mar 20, 2020
Western North Carolina
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I agree on the no lift deal… you said you were doing rock crawling, the LE’s have an aluminum skid plate from the factory, some guys swear by them others don’t, I’m an others guy. Metal bends and stays bent, I have the 1/2” HDUM (I think that’s what it is) skid plate and it slides great over everything, as far as a lift goes… when you go up you must go out. (Wider width ) or you will be tippy.
Skid plate, A arms, bigger tires you should be in good shape . Wheels and tires…🤣🤣🤣🤣
Find you some good bead locks that you think look good and an 8y tire and give her hell.

SuperATV

SuperATV

Vendor
Dec 5, 2013
Madison, IN
www.superatv.com
you didn’t offer him the 0% NTC discount???
WTF??? 🤦‍♂️
DOH!! I forgot! I can get you a little discount for signing up here!

Or....you'll get a whole 0% off all orders if you are a member of the #NTC!!

How could I forget?!?!?!

200.gif

Worse1

Worse1

Jul 14, 2020
Arizona
Ownership

1. 1000-5
If he goes with the extended A arms, does he also need to change out the cv axles? Asking for a friend 😁

Reactions: Remington

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!