Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Do you put SLIME in your tires?

Several years ago I was not a believer. There was no way you were going to get me to put that crap inside my brand new tires. Nope… not going to happen. Then during one of our weekend adventures my tire kept going flat. A buddy talked me into putting slime in it. And what do you know, It worked! The tire did not go flat. He showed me the light and now Slime is one of the first accessories I usually do with new tires.
So.

To SLIME or NOT TO SLIME?
Let me know what you think about slime.

----------------------------------
Thank Zonie for saying something about Slime in another post. Got me thinking it would make a good topic.

Reactions: Isaiah and BWAF
bigc

bigc

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2013
actually slime is not that good it breaks down after 2- 3 years and loses its sealing ability it doesnt seal side wall punctures hardly at all the best tire sealant on the market is the stuff highlifter sells called pro tire sealer used to be called airlock it will seal a hole as big as your pointer finger in the tread area and a 1/4 in hole in the sidewall and it will seal it for the life of the tire and never corrode your rims i have it in all my mowers and atvs and i never have to add air to the tires they are sealed up tight it only cost a few bucks more than slime and it works perfect

greenatv

greenatv

Lifetime Member
Feb 18, 2013
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I use slime only when I get a flat. I have never tried the stuff from HL but I'm sure it will work the same.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I have looked at high lifter stuff. I figured it was all the same.
Ya. I want to be able to put it in and it last for years. I really do not want to have to think about it until I see the nail in the tire and say, wow, how long has that been there. Lol

bigc

bigc

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Sep 16, 2013
the highlifter sealant is made by multi-seal and can be bought for less money under that name

Reactions: BWAF
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Any better products over the past few years that may compare to Slime?

Will be adding some soon to these brand new tire/wheels with 260 miles on them.

Thanks. 493af9bdea5892749d264913b14bc518

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

GlockMeister

GlockMeister

The Bearded Wonder
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 11, 2016
Greenville, Mo
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Any better products over the past few years that may compare to Slime?

Will be adding some soon to these brand new tire/wheels with 260 miles on them.

Thanks. View attachment 131959

I had a pinch the first weekend out on my new 30s at mulberry....next weekend i put Quadboss tire sealant in all of them. No flats since...good stuff..a little pricy. It takes 48oz per tire for 30s. I bought the gallon jug with pump but suggest buying the seperate bottles. Pump doesn't work that well and you cant get all of it out.

QuadBoss Tire Sealant - 32oz. Bottle 0850 https://www.amazon.com/dp/B000WK268W/?tag=sxsweb24-20

Last edited:
Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
I have heard that if you add a tire sealant the tire can not be repaired.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
I use this stuff. It works. Half a bottle per tire, no flats since and it sealed up my bead leaks

MULTI SEAL 20130 Tire Sealant with Kevlar (Sportsman Formula), Great for ATVs, UTVs / Side-by-Sides, Golf Carts, Dirt Bikes, Off-Road-Only Jeeps and more, 1-Pack (32 oz.) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071QWCW42/?tag=sxsweb24-20
With Kevlas you say?
Maybe that will do good with those 3 flat kevlar terribate tires.

J

JTW

I use this stuff. It works. Half a bottle per tire, no flats since and it sealed up my bead leaks

MULTI SEAL 20130 Tire Sealant with Kevlar (Sportsman Formula), Great for ATVs, UTVs / Side-by-Sides, Golf Carts, Dirt Bikes, Off-Road-Only Jeeps and more, 1-Pack (32 oz.) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071QWCW42/?tag=sxsweb24-20
Another good suggestion Toddy!! After Takeover I have a very slow bead leak.. guess I’ll try this out too. It’s just going to be an ongoing bead battle if not.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!