GPR1500SC

GPR1500SC

Lifetime Member
Mar 3, 2016
North East MO
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X LV
I have heard that if you add a tire sealant the tire can not be repaired.

Are local tire shop complains about it and charges extra for tire sealant but it can be done you have to clean the tire good before you start buffing on it.

I like to use a small amount of liquid buff on it to clean the tire before actually buff it.

I use ameriseal works better than slime

Eltobgi

Eltobgi

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 21, 2016
North Dakota
Ownership

1. 500

2. 1000-5
Why is it that after reading through a thread like this and going years without the product, you suddenly feel the uncontrollable urge to run out and purchase the product because...Well because you know you can’t live without it! Lol.

Getting some next trip to Walmart:(

Tramguage1

Tramguage1

Texan
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jul 2, 2015
Somereset, Texas
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon X
Are local tire shop complains about it and charges extra for tire sealant but it can be done you have to clean the tire good before you start buffing on it.

I like to use a small amount of liquid buff on it to clean the tire before actually buff it.

Thanks for the info. Guess that clears that up!!!! Maybeo some sealant in the Talons OEM tires is in order.

Reactions: BWAF
Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3

I second that. Tire shops dont like it as it makes their job harder but it doesnt render the tire unfixable.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Cuoutdoors

Cuoutdoors

Executive Member
Lifetime Member
Sep 12, 2016
Central Iowa
Ownership

1. 1000-3
Do you put SLIME in your tires?

Several years ago I was not a believer. There was no way you were going to get me to put that crap inside my brand new tires. Nope… not going to happen. Then during one of our weekend adventures my tire kept going flat. A buddy talked me into putting slime in it. And what do you know, It worked! The tire did not go flat. He showed me the light and now Slime is one of the first accessories I usually do with new tires.
So.

To SLIME or NOT TO SLIME?
Let me know what you think about slime.

----------------------------------
Thank Zonie for saying something about Slime in another post. Got me thinking it would make a good topic.
I used to always put 1 bottle in each of my ATV tires. I think it worked really well. I haven't been using it with my heavier utv tires but I'm sure it's good insurance.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Reactions: GPR1500SC and JTW
mjn

mjn

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
May 31, 2018
SE Washington State/N Idaho
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I've been using slime in bicycle tires and ATV tires for decades. My '02 rancher is on it's second set of skinz and they are bald, basic 4 ply goodyears and have been on there for about 9 years. Every once in awhile I see a little green s*** coming out, but have never had a flat. In fact, one of the rear tires has a nail sticking out of it. It's been there for about a year and a half. Still holds air.

So yea.. I use slime.

L2R

L2R

Understanding women Vol. 1
Lifetime Member
Feb 16, 2019
East of the Appalachians
Ownership

1. 700-4
I don't have years of experience with Slime but this is from their website.

1 slime

Reactions: Plumber32 and BWAF
Vikes79

Vikes79

SKOL!
Lifetime Member
Jul 18, 2018
South Dakota
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Walmart had a gallon of the stuff on clearance for $5. I picked it up. Not sure if I’m going to put it in the stock Honda tires yet.

Used it on my 08 ranger. Works great when you are in in the prairie cacti hunting prairie dogs and coyotes.

Reactions: BWAF
Montecresto

Montecresto

Montecresto el segundo
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Jan 17, 2016
Eastern oklahoma
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 500

3. 1000-3

4. 1000-5

5. Talon x4
I use this stuff. It works. Half a bottle per tire, no flats since and it sealed up my bead leaks

MULTI SEAL 20130 Tire Sealant with Kevlar (Sportsman Formula), Great for ATVs, UTVs / Side-by-Sides, Golf Carts, Dirt Bikes, Off-Road-Only Jeeps and more, 1-Pack (32 oz.) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B071QWCW42/?tag=sxsweb24-20
Wow, a ten year product!!!!! Longer than I’d ever own a tire...:cool:

Just ordered two bottles.

Reactions: TimG and Plumber32
trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
I've carried a plug kit and small bottle of Slime in the box since I bought the machine. Wouldn't put it in there unless I had a tire issue on the trail and needed it in a pinch though. As stated, when you break that tire down, what a mess!

Vondy

Vondy

Lifetime Member
Mar 10, 2015
Houston,OH
Ownership

1. Talon x4
Anyone had experience with Honda's Tire Sealant? I have a tube of it in case needed, but haven't used it. Dealer claimed it was good stuff???

S l1600

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I've carried a plug kit and small bottle of Slime in the box since I bought the machine. Wouldn't put it in there unless I had a tire issue on the trail and needed it in a pinch though. As stated, when you break that tire down, what a mess!
That's the thing tho.
If it works, you will never need the tire plugs or ever be in a pinch that didnt require a new tire.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

L2R

L2R

Understanding women Vol. 1
Lifetime Member
Feb 16, 2019
East of the Appalachians
Ownership

1. 700-4
Since there are so many options, I want mine added.

Old fashioned glue (starch and water).
Put it in a hand truck tire about 3 years ago and still going even with weathered cracks.
The rubber may be gone but the glue is still there and it still rolls.

Reactions: monaco and JTW
Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Since there are so many options, I want mine added.

Old fashioned glue (starch and water).
Put it in a hand truck tire about 3 years ago and still going even with weathered cracks.
The rubber may be gone but the glue is still there and it still rolls.
Nice.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!