P1000 Took a Snow Plow Video with my P1000 and KFI Pro Poly

ofrcboy

ofrcboy

Lifetime Member
Nov 27, 2015
Oregon
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I also plow some gravel, it is a little tougher to keep from plowing the rock off the road.

Reactions: VaHillbilly
D

Deleted member 3748

How do you like the poly blade vs. a steel blade? Is it holding up well? Have you ever wished you had the weight of a steel blade to keep the blade on the ground?

D

dilligaff82

Jan 24, 2017
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 1000-5
How do you like the poly blade vs. a steel blade? Is it holding up well? Have you ever wished you had the weight of a steel blade to keep the blade on the ground?

I have the same plow as the guy who posted this video. The poly plow weighs just as much as the steel plow. They made up the difference in weight with the steel ribbing and extra height. If I recall correctly the poly plow is about 6” taller than the steel plow. It’s great for pushing back banks.

I’ve got a beast of a driveway. It’s about 1/2 mile long with a couple steep hills. I’ve been plowing it for years with my f250 with studded duratracs and fisher XLS 8-10 foot plow. The Pioneer with the 72” kfi poly plow, rear tire chains, and a little plastic tote full of sand in the back plows better than the f250. With the truck I can’t plow up the hills, so I either have to get a running start to get up the hills and then turn around and plow down, or leave the truck parked at the end of the road prior to the storm and then plow down the hills... Don’t have that problem with the Honda.

Reactions: Chevy412SP
D

Deleted member 3748

I have the same plow as the guy who posted this video. The poly plow weighs just as much as the steel plow. They made up the difference in weight with the steel ribbing and extra height. If I recall correctly the poly plow is about 6” taller than the steel plow. It’s great for pushing back banks.

I’ve got a beast of a driveway. It’s about 1/2 mile long with a couple steep hills. I’ve been plowing it for years with my f250 with studded duratracs and fisher XLS 8-10 foot plow. The Pioneer with the 72” kfi poly plow, rear tire chains, and a little plastic tote full of sand in the back plows better than the f250. With the truck I can’t plow up the hills, so I either have to get a running start to get up the hills and then turn around and plow down, or leave the truck parked at the end of the road prior to the storm and then plow down the hills... Don’t have that problem with the Honda.
I didn't know they weighed the same, I was hoping it would be a little easier to store in the shed during the summer. To be honest, that's only about 3 minutes of my summer. :) Would you choose the poly over the steel again?

D

dilligaff82

Jan 24, 2017
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 1000-5
I didn't know they weighed the same, I was hoping it would be a little easier to store in the shed during the summer. To be honest, that's only about 3 minutes of my summer. :) Would you choose the poly over the steel again?

Absolutely. I’ve got no regrets. The extra height of the poly vs the steel is great for pushing back snow banks.

Reactions: Deleted member 3748
D

dilligaff82

Jan 24, 2017
New Hampshire
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Thanks, buddy! You've helped me out a lot in deciding to go with a poly plow.

Another bonus is the poly comes with a snow flap and end markers. Those both cost extra to add to the steel plow. While neither are really necessary I’ve found them nice to have.

BOX2
box3

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!