TOOK ON WATER

T

tbaker

Aug 31, 2013
NW. Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I have a 2014 Honda pioneer 2 seater and my brother was using it and got in some deep water and the pioneer went dead taking water in the muffler to the engine. he did not try to start the engine they pulled it out and took it home. we are having all the fluids changed and replacing the plug before it is started and cleaning the air filter. anything else that needs to be done before we start the engine and do you think this is going to cause a problem in the future with the pioneer it just has about 500 miles on the machine. I was not with him so I do not know why it went dead to cause this problem.

T

tbaker

Aug 31, 2013
NW. Georgia
Ownership

1. 1000-3
you think I will have a problem later on with anything the pioneer is like new and I don't want to have a lot of trouble after this.

Hondasxs

Hondasxs

Club Founder
Staff member
Feb 13, 2013
Charlotte, NC
HondaSxS.com
Ownership

1. 1000-5

2. Talon R
Really hard to answer that.
Describe the water/junk in the air box. Was it Sandy, dirty, muddy, lots of trash, or clean and clear water?
How long did it sit in water?
How long before you drained the oil?
How many times did you drain the oil?

Hopefully it was clean water.
Hopefully it did not sit long.

Here would be my process.
Drain 1 - full drain and new filter. Run it around the house until hot.
Drain 2- immediately after 1st while still hot. Just drain no filter. Ride it 20 mins or so around the house.
Drain 3- immedently after while hot. Drain and new filter. Filling it back up with Honda oil. Ride it again. Check oil looking for milky color. If so another drain is required. If not then you are good.

Next trip or after a few hours of riding I would service it again with new oil and filter.

Should last forever.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!