Multi Top Accessories for your SxS

What are the 4 Accessories you want most for or added first to your rig?

• Roof

Votes: 26 83.9%
  • Windshield and Mid Panel

Votes: 21 67.7%
  • A-Arm Guards/Skid Plate

Votes: 14 45.2%
  • Light Bar(s)

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Winch

Votes: 28 90.3%
  • Stereo

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Wheels/Tires/Lift

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • Snorkel

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Plow

Votes: 4 12.9%
  • Heater/Cab

Votes: 3 9.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
Don’t doubt the Honda plastic roof! It’s HMWPE and super tough. I rub against trees pretty much every ride and those trees are what’s keeping me from flipping over and holding the tires off the ground. The OEM room doesn’t break a sweat.

Like ohanacreek said, I did the UHMWPE 2” wide strips for extra protection and it’s never a concern.

Here’s a pic after just coming off a tree with a lot of vehicle weight pressing against it.
View attachment 120466

@CumminsPusher
Yep. What Joey said. I wouldn’t own any other roof, it’s a skid plate for the top. Plastic slides, helps you not get stuck and the Honda roof is formed around the cage smoothly so no snags or damage to the ROPS.
There are certain single track trails we have to use the roof the whole way through but it never breaks a sweat. It would be the first accessory I would buy period.

joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
Yep. What Joey said. I wouldn’t own any other roof, it’s a skid plate for the top. Plastic slides, helps you not get stuck and the Honda roof is formed around the cage smoothly so no snags or damage to the ROPS.
There are certain single track trails we have to use the roof the whole way through but it never breaks a sweat.

I thought you mention how the roof is used to pivot the whole machine against a tree. Most of us have done that several time.

I’ve broken diffs, wheels, and skid plates but not the roof yet.

CumminsPusher

CumminsPusher

Just a Honda doing Honda things.
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Oct 14, 2015
Washington/Idaho
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-5

3. Talon X LV
I thought you mention how the roof is used to pivot the whole machine against a tree. Most of us have done that several time.

I’ve broken diffs, wheels, and skid plates but not the roof yet.
Absolutely. As soon as the front edge is close just crank it and rip some throttle. Turns like a forklift. Really fun when going uphill and turning back down, actually had the front end in the air part of it but you’re still in a controlled turn.
In 100% truth the Pioneer 1000-5 with the long roof will get around better then anything I’ve ever seen in the heavy trees, much better then the 3, just ask @Tigermark lol. The Wolverine doesn’t do as well in that situation and we’ve made smaller Rzr’s cringe.
As you know I did finally kill the first roof though but that was extenuating circumstances.

ohanacreek

ohanacreek

My EcoBoost has I4WD
Lifetime Member
Jul 25, 2013
Shelby County, Alabama
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Don’t doubt the Honda plastic roof! It’s HMWPE and super tough. I rub against trees pretty much every ride and those trees are what’s keeping me from flipping over and holding the tires off the ground. The OEM room doesn’t break a sweat.

Like ohanacreek said, I did the UHMWPE 2” wide strips for extra protection and it’s never a concern.

Here’s a pic after just coming off a tree with a lot of vehicle weight pressing against it.
View attachment 120466

@CumminsPusher

I don’t claim it as my idea, Payne had it.

B

Baldeagle

Sep 16, 2017
AB
Payne strips is what we call them. You did pioneer of the use of 80/20 tee nuts Which is a lot better than the rivets I was using

I like the name. And just building some to go on my P700-4. Guessing son will want them on his 1000-5 as soon as he sees them. I was planning to use elevator bolts to attach. Had great success with them when installing plastic. Will post pictures when done.
Again, thanks for the idea. Was thinking about a kind of nerf bar but for the top. Plastic is a way better idea. I have my skid plate on the bottom sticking out for a tree rub and it works great. Same as said above, just crank the wheels pin the gas and spin around the tree.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: CumminsPusher
joeymt33

joeymt33

i4WD=imitated 4WD
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Mar 17, 2015
Guntersville, AL
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
I like the name. And just building some to go on my P700-4. Guessing son will want them on his 1000-5 as soon as he sees them. I was planning to use elevator bolts to attach. Had great success with them when installing plastic. Will post pictures when done.
Again, thanks for the idea. Was thinking about a kind of nerf bar but for the top. Plastic is a way better idea. I have my skid plate on the bottom sticking out for a tree rub and it works great. Same as said above, just crank the wheels pin the gas and spin around the tree.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I did countersink the bolts so it slides smooth. Don’t forget that.

Reactions: CumminsPusher
JimmyA

JimmyA

Oct 8, 2017
Northeast texas
Ownership

1. 700-4
Some of us are running 2” wide strips of UHMW the length of the roof that is attached to the roof with 80/20 nuts since rivets kept pulling through or shearing off. The UHMW is thicker and provides extra surface area so that over time the roof won’t thin out and get holes in it from the ROPS pressing against the trees.

This is a much older picture with rivets.
View attachment 119340
More recent pics (not sure how quality will be affected by upload but I can zoom and see more detail)
View attachment 119348 View attachment 119349

Recent with 80/20
View attachment 119343
View attachment 119344
View attachment 119345
View attachment 119346
That's a very good idea! Thanks for posting.

Reactions: joeymt33
russknight

russknight

Lifetime Member
Apr 13, 2019
Perry Florida
Ownership

1. Other Brand

2. 1000-3
In Florida, a roof is my number one pick. Keeps the sun off my old head. I have the Honda glass windshield and I'm sure it will be nice in the winter, but it is too hot here in the summer to use it. I'll be getting a flip front soon because in the evening the bugs can get bad. I also have the "hard" mid / rear panel from Honda and it is a piece of junk. It's so flimsy, when towing the buggy on an open trailer the force of the wind pushes the the bottom supports out of place which then causes interference when raising the bed. I'll be selling it, or giving it away at some point and replacing it with a metal one. Heat fix mods are also great. Wheels and DOT tires are essential for me because my ride is street legal and I roll on the highway a LOT. Haven't used the winch yet, but I'm sure I will. Last but not least, pay the extra money for power steering.

Reactions: Neohio
Razorback

Razorback

Lifetime Member
Aug 23, 2015
Van Buren, AR
Ownership

1. Talon X
Anyone else notice that the stereo is the lowest ranking of the mods.
Even though in many cases it is one of the more expensive.
When we go ride, sometimes we will just stop to listen to the birds, squirrels barking, next to a creek and listen to the water run. Enjoying nature. Then some jackass rolls up with a stereo thumping. Have no use for a stereo on a SXS.

Reactions: Glock21user
M

mullinsm24

May 20, 2019
Broken Arrow
I just bought a tusk glass windshield. I now am considering a roof and a skid plate. Do you guys have any suggestions.

I believe that I one piece roof. Plastic or aluminum.

As for a skid plate I am pretty sure that I will want a composite. Possibly an open trail UHMW. Any opinions good or bad would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Smitty335

Smitty335

Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Oct 3, 2016
NWA Arkansas
Ownership

1. 1000-3

2. 1000-5
My Trail Am
I just bought a tusk glass windshield. I now am considering a roof and a skid plate. Do you guys have any suggestions.

I believe that I one piece roof. Plastic or aluminum.

As for a skid plate I am pretty sure that I will want a composite. Possibly an open trail UHMW. Any opinions good or bad would be appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
My Trail Armor skid has served me well, it's a four piece design. I wouldn't go with the 3/8 material.

trigger

trigger

Old Ironsides
Vendor
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Feb 13, 2016
Bay City, Michigan
www.quickshieldutv.com
Ownership

1. 500
When we go ride, sometimes we will just stop to listen to the birds, squirrels barking, next to a creek and listen to the water run. Enjoying nature. Then some jackass rolls up with a stereo thumping. Have no use for a stereo on a SXS.

When we go fishing we love the serenity of water rolling over the rocks and critters playing on the river banks, then some dip sh** rolls through on his sxs and ruins the whole thing.
There's a time and place for everything, I wouldn't sit next to the creek with the stereo thumping but if I'm just rolling through then too bad...feel the ground shake!

jwfirebird

jwfirebird

Sep 23, 2018
western ny
Ownership

1. 700-2
with you, no use for a stereo off road, my whole purpose for going out is seeing nature or working, saw a few baby deer in the hedge mon when I went out, you aren't going to see anything if you have a radio they can hear for miles

Reactions: Glock21user
Russ989

Russ989

Land of the free because of the Brave! 🇺🇸
Lifetime Member
Supporting Member
Club Contributor
Dec 18, 2017
Missouri
Ownership

1. 1000-5
Like others have said, the upgraded skid plate is pretty important. ;)

J

John_S

Lifetime Member
Dec 27, 2019
Tennessee
Ownership

1. 1000-3
I've had the P1000 LE for a week, added the roof first along with the rifle rack. Keep a AR chambered in .410 for armadillos and a marlin .22 mag for coyotes. Then the winch, windshield and front led light bar. Next on the list will be a dual battery setup, switch plate and power strip.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!