P1000m5 Torn boot

M

Marine660

Club Contributor
Dec 12, 2015
Well, today I went out to wash the pioneer and change the oil and had a suprise. When I lifted the rear bed I saw bearing grease all over the rear passenger tire near the axle. After inspection I saw that the boot was torn...I had to drop it off with local Honda shop for repairs. This sucks as we finally had a nice day and I couldn't play :-(

Good news is they got my bed extender in and I will get that when I pick up the unit. They had to order the part and thought they could have it fixed by Wednesday or Thursday next week

Hometeam

Hometeam

Lifetime Member
Nov 26, 2015
Normal, IL
Did they tell you a cost? The front driver side one on mine has a tear in it before I got the a-arm guards put on and I have been trying to decide if I'm gonna do it myself or take it in....:(

M

Marine660

Club Contributor
Dec 12, 2015
Did they tell you a cost? The front driver side one on mine has a tear in it before I got the a-arm guards put on and I have been trying to decide if I'm gonna do it myself or take it in....:(

Yes, he said that the boot would be approximately $20-$30 and then 1 hour of labor to install. However, he was going to check and see if it could be covered under warranty because it almost looked like it separated where the metal clamp is. There doesn't appear to be damage or signs of puncture more a crack...I will find out.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

User Menu

Buy us a beer!

• Lots of time and money has gone into making sure the community is running the best software, best designs, and all the other bells and whistles. Care to buy us a beer? We'd really appreciate it!

Beer Fund!

Club Membership!